Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/17/2007, 02:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kiknchikn
I wish I could get one. They sound like really awesome nems. You have no idea how envious I am of you people living near areas where you can "harvest" critters for your tank
Chikn- send me a pm with your address. I'll be going to Houston in February (if not sooner) and I'll be happy to run out to the jetty and grab you a small rock. I'll put it in a thermos and nda it to you if you want. Consider it a present from the good reefers of Texas.......
Old 12/17/2007, 02:32 PM
Ricordea ¤ Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by AquariaOCD
Chikn- send me a pm with your address. I'll be going to Houston in February (if not sooner) and I'll be happy to run out to the jetty and grab you a small rock. I'll put it in a thermos and nda it to you if you want. Consider it a present from the good reefers of Texas.......
Wow, that's a generous offer! By the time you factor in shipping costs I probably can't justify it though

I am a proud member of the Chesapeake Marine Aquaria Society (CMAS). If you're in the Maryland area check us out!
Old 12/17/2007, 03:55 PM
Registered Member

heres another one

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12/17/2007, 03:57 PM
Registered Member

[IMG][/IMG]

Yes they must be quite hardy. The one in that 3rd pic with the orange ring and 2 others I found washed up on the beach.... Dont know how long it had been there but it was attached to some seaweed
Old 12/17/2007, 04:53 PM
Registered Member

Yeah, you'll see them high and dry on the rocks during low tide, but they come right back. As long as they have food, they are indestructable.
Old 12/18/2007, 12:48 AM
Registered Member

that one pictured last looks nice
Old 12/18/2007, 01:25 AM
Registered Member

those are not nems i have some on my lr too they are a type of coral i am 100% sure because number 1 they cant move number 2 i thought the same thing except i thought they were monjos lol so i took joes juice and killed them. now i only have one and around him i have 4 skeletons of the corals. they are fine and not nems
Old 12/18/2007, 07:21 AM
Lazy reefer

Mine move around and does not have skeleton (never leave anything behind when he move)
Old 12/18/2007, 06:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by brandon7491
those are not nems i have some on my lr too they are a type of coral i am 100% sure because number 1 they cant move number 2 i thought the same thing except i thought they were monjos lol so i took joes juice and killed them. now i only have one and around him i have 4 skeletons of the corals. they are fine and not nems
i think you're talking about cup corals. they come as hitchhikers. the ones pictured are anemones
Old 12/18/2007, 07:46 PM
Registered Member

It is a anemone..mine moves when I try moving its rock. It stays on the same rock but moves away from the light. You are thinking of something else brandon7491. They don't move often but they do move.