Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/12/2004, 02:27 PM
LIGHTS ARE ON!!!!

Home DEpost self-checkout lanes - they SUCK!
Old 01/12/2004, 02:33 PM
Ich Rumor/Myth Buster

Wal Mart self check out lanes. I'm glad the annoyance is saving Mr. Wal Mart millions of dollars to annoy and plss off hundreds of thousands of people. Freed
Old 01/12/2004, 02:50 PM
sedentaryologist

People that cant comprehend the meaning and usage of the words "to", "too", and "two".

have you pooped yet? -Nina51
Old 01/12/2004, 02:51 PM
sedentaryologist

Quote:
Originally posted by Freed
Wal Mart self check out lanes. I'm glad the annoyance is saving Mr. Wal Mart millions of dollars to annoy and plss off hundreds of thousands of people. Freed
Samuel Walace is dead, thats why his stores, Wal-Mart, and Sams club (and Lowes to an extent) are going to crap.

have you pooped yet? -Nina51
Old 01/12/2004, 03:17 PM
Confounding Innocents

1) SUV's.
2) People who speak English as a first language and don't use it correctly.
3) Phone calls while I am sleeping.
4) The kid in the apartment below me who has a bass guitar.
5) People who don't pick up after themselves, most especially when they don't in public places.
Old 01/12/2004, 03:18 PM
Confounding Innocents

Clownfish don't "host" in anything! Corals, anemones, powerheads, et cetera host the fish!
Old 01/12/2004, 03:38 PM
Zen Reefer

Quote:
Originally posted by Aquaman
Bad manners, Bad grammer, bad spelling!

Quote:
I believe the word is spelled "grammar."
heh, So someone did catch it!

ORCA Founder
Old 01/12/2004, 03:59 PM
Registered Member

Koi-a phrase heard often and loudly in my car while trying to drive in the mall/wal-mart/anywhere parking lot--"Don't buy it if you can't drive it!!!" One of the main reasons I don't have a mini van/SUV. I know i couldn't park the darn thing without 2 1/2 acres or a lot of practice.

In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog. - Edward Hoagland
Old 01/12/2004, 04:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I have a new annoyance: being "coaxed" to the check-in computer at the airline check-in desk by the helpful human traffic directors at Northwest Airlines.
And even worse. When I was forced to use the serviceI had to carry my luggage to their nearest belt at almost 50 feet away with no assistance. My skycap had already been paid and left!

I have not flown with them since they forced me to use that service.

Koi

(`'·.¸(`'·.¸ ¸.·'´)¸.·'´)
«·*KoiKeeper*·»
(¸.·'´(¸.·'´ `'·.¸)`'·.¸)
Old 01/12/2004, 05:07 PM
Started a 15g in 96'

When people don't use their BLINKER!!!! It erks me SOOOO much! I've started to try to set people up, especially when their coming on the on ramp. I'm not backing off until you turn your blinker on! ....and sort of to go along with this, the people that don't use their blinkers seem to always have their cell phone glued to their ear.
oh and Chris Collinsworth/Troy Aikman combo.
Old 01/12/2004, 06:30 PM
RC Mod

People who tailgate because they're trying to make me go faster used to bother me, now I just slow down until I'm actually going the speed limit, or less. This is especially satisfying in a no passing zone .

People who block up the parking lot to get a "good" spot (read they're lazy slobs who don't want to walk an extra 20' )and will inconvenience everybody else with their selfishness. They don't bother me anymore either. When someone does that to me I just sit in the parking spot until they give up, then I back out so the next person in line gets the spot .

Now I look forward to people annoying me.

Agu
Old 01/12/2004, 06:40 PM
¤º°`°º¤ø,,ø¤º°`°º¤

Quote:
Originally posted by Freed
I like those lanes, I think they are a lot faster, if you don't like them can't you just go to another lane with a cashier? I don't see why these are annoying.
Old 01/12/2004, 06:40 PM
Ich Rumor/Myth Buster

If you live in this country don't even try to get me to speak/talk/read your language until you learn some English. Quit printing owners manuals in any other languages other than English if it is going to be used/bought in the U.S. Freed
Old 01/12/2004, 06:43 PM
Ich Rumor/Myth Buster

If you have one or two items, yes I agree they are OK. But over so many items and the computer starts to not recognize items or keeps telling you that an unidentified item has been placed in the bag. This is where it starts to get annoying. Freed
Old 01/12/2004, 06:47 PM
Loan Shark Willy

Quote:
Originally posted by Coral Dilema
Samuel Walace is dead, thats why his stores, Wal-Mart, and Sams club (and Lowes to an extent) are going to crap.
its actually sam walton and he passed in 1992.

however, i LOVE the self checkout lines. it really anoys the crap out of me when i have to stand around and wait for the lazy cashier (who is chatting with he co-worker in the next checkout counter and smacking her gum) to complete scanning my items. hello, does it really take 5mins to scan 4 items?
Old 01/12/2004, 06:49 PM
Loan Shark Willy

Quote:
Originally posted by Agu
People who tailgate because they're trying to make me go faster used to bother me, now I just slow down until I'm actually going the speed limit, or less. This is especially satisfying in a no passing zone .

People who block up the parking lot to get a "good" spot (read they're lazy slobs who don't want to walk an extra 20' )and will inconvenience everybody else with their selfishness. They don't bother me anymore either. When someone does that to me I just sit in the parking spot until they give up, then I back out so the next person in line gets the spot .

Now I look forward to people annoying me.

Agu
hehe, good thing you don't live near me. if i am tailgating you, you better get out of my way..........as you are going WAYYYYYYYY too slow.
Old 01/12/2004, 09:00 PM
Registered Member

i hate it when you are trying to play an online game and then some chump kid comes there, along with his endless rants of " I 4|v| 700 l337 f0|2 J00. I pVV|\|z0|2z j00 nub." like they have nothing else better to do than bother people online? Any of you who play online games should know what i mean......... unless.... you are the server admin

Terrorists to the modern SPS reefer.
Old 01/12/2004, 09:50 PM
Registered Member

This thread........
Old 01/12/2004, 10:11 PM
Soul of a Sailor

People who reply to threads when they have no clue what they are talking about. Things like, "That's deffinately aptasia. Kill it NOW!!" when the picture very clearly shows some something like a featherduster. That doesn't help anyone.
Old 01/12/2004, 11:08 PM
Moved In

Well it's a good thing I don't actually know anyone here, I obvioulsy annoy many of you!

I am totally annoyed that my computer is broke down. Now I can use Dan's laptop when he brings it home, but I'm still not happy. T-1 to dial up.

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 01/12/2004, 11:13 PM
RC Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilafur
hehe, good thing you don't live near me. if i am tailgating you, you better get out of my way..........as you are going WAYYYYYYYY too slow.
Nope, I'll just go slower and slower, i might even go under the posted speed limit................. it gives me great personal pleasure to offend unsafe and obnoxious drivers. If they flip me off I consider it successful .

Agu
Old 01/12/2004, 11:25 PM
Moved In

Quote:
Originally posted by Agu
Nope, I'll just go slower and slower, i might even go under the posted speed limit................. it gives me great personal pleasure to offend unsafe and obnoxious drivers. If they flip me off I consider it successful .

Agu
LOL, I do that too. It's especially funny when it's a tiny car behind me thinking they can intimidate me.(I have a Chevy Tahoe) I usually slow down to 5 miles below the speed limit!

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 01/12/2004, 11:32 PM
Professional somedays

Sloth,
I just hate people from michigan. Go Bucks!
Old 01/13/2004, 12:26 AM
Musical Member

People speaking of themselves in the third person.
Old 01/13/2004, 12:27 AM
Flea Slide

A couple of things??:

+ Someone chewing or eating something close to my ear when I am reading or browsing this site.

+ My Astreas falling upsidedown

+ Finding an Aiptasia in an unreachable spot

+ My boss asking me to take Fridays off (Too much work for longer vacation) just to call me several times in the day with issues that could well have waited until Monday.

+ My highschooler waking me up at 6:30 AM to tell me he missed the school bus and needs a lift.

+ When I look forward to recieve an item I ordered via the internet just to find out it arrived broken or someone stole it from my door steps before I find out it was delivered.

+ People saying "No Problemo"

+ Unreal "Reality" TV

+ TV commercials that last longer than the program.

+ "Nice" notification letters from my bank, cable company, dish network, etc. etc. just to let you know they have merged or being acquired and thanking you for your business just to find out your fees are going up a week later.

+ Phone companies tele-marketing.

+ Being asked "Cash or Credit?" when clearly using a bank card.

+ Bam Margera (A hint... He is the stupid skateboarder in the Jack *** series)

+ People that talk too much without having nothing to say.

Am I anoying you all??

Gee! I think I am becoming a grumpy guy too (just in case two, to)...

Enjoy!