Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/15/2007, 05:40 PM
Registered Member

TOUCH DOWN!

Oh shut up, and kiss my fairy wrasse. ~Gawain1974~

silly girls make stuff hard ~drauka99~
Old 09/15/2007, 05:41 PM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

Nah, that was a home run
Old 09/15/2007, 05:52 PM

Meyer is an idiot. Up how many points in the 4th quarter and you have your starting QB running up the middle? Stupid.
Old 09/15/2007, 06:16 PM
SPS Kibitzer

Old 09/15/2007, 06:38 PM

Man what a weird day. Utah is throwing the royal thumping on UCLA, Texas beats UCF by only 3 points and Bama jumps out on Ark 21 zip.
Old 09/15/2007, 07:21 PM
SPS Kibitzer

Quote:
Originally posted by The Grim Reefer
Man what a weird day. Utah is throwing the royal thumping on UCLA, Texas beats UCF by only 3 points and Bama jumps out on Ark 21 zip.
Strange indeed!
Old 09/15/2007, 08:07 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Being a UCF student I am (only because they have a great business school) I went to the UCF/Texas game. Man did UCF scare those longhorns. It got pretty crazy. UCF definately made Texas look overrated. Even though UCF lost they will still move up in the polls since they kept it so close. Not to mention, if UCF had a decent QB that didn't fumble on all the important plays UCF WOULD have won. Great game though!

Now about that Florida/Tennessee game... . FLA killed them. Soon as FLA scored on their first play I had a feeling that they were going to kill the Vols. Makes me wonder what would happen if FLA played Cal instead of Tennesssee.

How about Lousiville and Kentucky? One of the weaker SEC teams is making one of the best Big East teams look WAY overrated.

GO NEBRASKA (only bc I want to see overrated SC loose. )

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

Anyone that thinks the SEC isn't the best conference is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 09/15/2007, 08:57 PM
Registered Member

Buckeyes won thats all that matters to me

btw if Bucks end up playing the gators again im pretty sure that tebow will be leaving with crutches thanks to my boy Laurinaitis

btw i have a feeling that Nebraska will somehow keep it close
Old 09/15/2007, 08:57 PM
Registered Member

eww double post....hehe Pac 10 aint looking so Big anymore

Ucla-Owned by Utah

Wash- my Bucks

Oregon State- Uc last week

Now we just gotta get the Sec...
Old 09/15/2007, 09:01 PM

I figured Washington would make the mistakes at the beginning of the game, not the end. Still young but it looks like Willingham has them pointed in the right direction. Ohios line just took over in the 2nd half too.
Old 09/15/2007, 09:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by emerald chondro
Buckeyes won thats all that matters to me

btw if Bucks end up playing the gators again im pretty sure that tebow will be leaving with crutches thanks to my boy Laurinaitis

btw i have a feeling that Nebraska will somehow keep it close
you crack me up. I dont remember Laurinaitis doing much last year in the NC besides standing their looking frustrated.
Old 09/15/2007, 09:20 PM
Registered Member

Did you guys know that Tebow is the 3rd strongest player on the gators? He can bench 450lbs. and 225 lbs (what they test at the combine) over 35 consecutive reps.
Old 09/15/2007, 09:50 PM
Registered Member

Wow, good game Bama fans. I thought we had ya.
Old 09/15/2007, 10:38 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Originally posted by Cubman777
Did you guys know that Tebow is the 3rd strongest player on the gators? He can bench 450lbs. and 225 lbs (what they test at the combine) over 35 consecutive reps.
Thats why he can zip those balls in.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 09/15/2007, 11:16 PM

I would have kind of liked to see Nabraska play SC closer so they would get bumped to 2 in one or both of the polls. They always seem to do better when they have something to prove.

The way Bama won the game was clasic. Talk about having faith in the D with the game on the line. Great game. I can't belive I prempted SC for that
Old 09/15/2007, 11:19 PM
667 (Evil and then some)

As for the Florida - Tennessee thrashing..........................

Several of my predictions were accurate while others were a total surprise.

TEBOW - He showed his athletic talent and his inexperience quite impressively. The kid's got insane promise, but we had him confused during the first half. If we could have put pressure on him, he would have really melted down but our defensive line was totally erased by Florida's protection and he had time to think about it. Later in the game he started getting his head about him and improving, but he's still a bit wet behind the ears. That kid is going to be NASTY next year and the year following (if he hangs on for it.)

SPECIAL TEAMS - During the Cal game, I was thinking we were mediocre and they were great. Week 2 was, we're pretty poor. Now I'm thinking we SUCK at special teams while Cal and Florida were good. (Not great, but dangerously good.)

LINES - Our offensive and defensive lines were pretty non-existant. This wasn't a surprise on defense but I was totally stunned on offense (see rushing below.)

DEFENSIVE SECONDARY - They're too green and I'm even more terrified of SC (South Carolina for you west coast beach bumbs). Spurrier is going to have these kids so confused they won't know which end to wipe.

RUSHING GAME - OMG, our blocking was total crap. The one part of the game I though we were good at pre-season and we totally blew. Florida DOES have a good defensive line and I'm hoping that's the excuse.

PASSING GAME - The ONLY positive note of the entire game. Our wide recievers have lived up to my hopes and stepped up to the plate. We did REAL well in the first half and would have racked up some points if we had possessed a rush to be respected. Instead we relied on the pass and died in the red zone.

In short, I don't know WHAT to think. We're consistently bad in defensive secondary and special teams. We're hot n cold in other areas.
Old 09/15/2007, 11:32 PM

Tennesse just looked kinda unbalanced or something. Didn't look sharp I guess. They weren't going to be Florida without a running game but they sure gave them some gifts.
Old 09/15/2007, 11:38 PM
667 (Evil and then some)

Quote:
Tennesse just looked kinda unbalanced or something. Didn't look sharp I guess. They weren't going to be Florida without a running game but they sure gave them some gifts.

That's a pretty good synopsis my friend. We weren't totally inept.....heck our offense took 2/3rds of the snaps in the first half. We just couldn't make it happen when it really counted and we sure couldn't make it happen on special teams.

I think we have the ability and the talent to recover, but our talent is VERY green and that's what I chalk a lot of it up to. We've gotta get these youngsters hitting on all cylinders or we're gonna be toast.
Old 09/15/2007, 11:41 PM
Here comes the Gators

Mutt, you could also have just said that FLA kicked Tennessee's a#$ and that they are obviously a much more superior team.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 09/15/2007, 11:44 PM
667 (Evil and then some)

Quote:
Originally posted by 55semireef
Mutt, you could also have just said that FLA kicked Tennessee's a#$ and that they are obviously a much more superior team.

I do agree with that statement and had made pre-game statements such as "I'll be happy if we just don't get embarrassed by Florida". However, you are not without weakness and Tennessee demonstrated some SERIOUS weaknesses in my opinion. I think a defense that can put the stress on Tebow will slaughter you, but that's not Tennessee by any stretch of the imagination.
Old 09/15/2007, 11:45 PM

Yeah but Florida wasn't making them block like crap or caugh up the ball for no reason
Old 09/15/2007, 11:47 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Originally posted by Muttling
I think a defense that can put the stress on Tebow will slaughter you, but that's not Tennessee by any stretch of the imagination.
I think the term "slaughter" is a bit of a stretch in my book but I understand where you are coming from. That's why I am really worried about LSU this year. Man they are looking good but so are my gators.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 09/15/2007, 11:49 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Yeah but Florida wasn't making them block like crap or caugh up the ball for no reason
That's why we were able to get 59 points on Tennessee. I am pretty sure that's the most points Tennessee has allowed in a LONG LONG time.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 09/15/2007, 11:50 PM

Second most in their history I think they said
Old 09/15/2007, 11:55 PM
667 (Evil and then some)

All true statements guys. The LSU - Florida match up could be a really impressive one to watch. I think Florida's biggest weakness at the moment is Tebow's lack of experience, that will improve between now and LSU.

I also think Florida is weak on the defensive secondary and I'm not sure that they will improve in this area pre-LSU. This could be a great downfall, especially if Tebow doesn't get seaoned rather quickly.

This is why I LOVE college ball, it's all about guys improving as the year goes on and there's a lot of ball to be played in this year. LSU - Florida should be one to really watch. What will be even more ugly will be an LSU - Florida rematch in the SEC championship......OMG that would be a great game!!!!!

The battle in the SEC is ON and (even if we don't take the NC title) I think we're the conference to watch for some really tight games.

I just hope my Vols can provide some of those games and be in the hunt as an underdog. (Being the designated kicking dog really sux.)