Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/20/2007, 10:35 PM
living life 2 the fullest

Quote:
Originally posted by Anemone
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Johns_River

What state did you say you live in again?

Kevin
If you trust that site so be it, it is not a very reputable site to say the least. The St. Johns has several fingers that go off of it, all of which go off before Jacksonville, thus creating a different river name.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 07/20/2007, 10:37 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Originally posted by Princess Di

I think Florida was a fluke and LSU has no QB....go Raiders!!
Florida was a fluke. Yeah ok...you sound real intelligent with that comment considering FLA were SEC champs and WHOOPED the number one team in the nation 41-14. Call that a fluke? Please...that is something Rug would say.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

Anyone that thinks the SEC isn't the best conference is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 07/20/2007, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Please do. I'm sure you'll start to make sense eventually.

Kevin
Well at least you agree that the best come from the south. And i dont feel like going on and on, but i will say this Emmitt Smith could also be considered the best.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 07/20/2007, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 55semireef
Florida was a fluke. Yeah ok...you sound real intelligent with that comment considering FLA were SEC champs and WHOOPED the number one team in the nation 41-14. Call that a fluke? Please...that is something Rug would say.
No way to talk to a woman.

And please FLA had a lot of flukes to get to the NC game, first of all it was a fluke beating USC, and the biggest fluke of all was UCLA beating USC, so please to say they had no flukes is just plain ole stupid. They had a lot of luck as well. And to say you beat OSU is like saying you beat Texas for crying out loud, OSU sucks, they played no body last year that was good.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 07/20/2007, 10:43 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Originally posted by bluecarpet
UGA still hold the record for most wins against FLA. And who should have beaten you last year? USC that is, by the way which were shut down by UGA, not even the NC's could blow out USC, but they could blow out OSU, that just shows you how strong the SEC really is.
I could careless who holds the most wins. I wasn't even alive back then when the rivalry started so big deal. Not to mention FLA wasn't that decent until Spurriur came to FLA which is when FLA started to dominate them pups.

All I got to say is FLA beat the pups 14 out of the last 16 games played. You call that a team (referring to UGA that is)?

SC got lucky enough to stick with FLA. I have never seen FLA's defense play so sloppy in my life. They still pulled out with the win though just like UGA did with VT.

OSU got blown out bc they were not expecting FLA to be that good...simply.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 07/20/2007, 10:46 PM

Are you kidding, OSU has one of the best coaching staffs in the nation, so dont even play that card, "they were not expecting FLA to be that good" Please Tressel knew how good fla was... simply, end of story.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 07/20/2007, 10:47 PM

Quote:

SC got lucky enough to stick with FLA.
They out played you in every part of the game, and got screwed over when they did not get the win.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 07/20/2007, 10:47 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
No way to talk to a woman.

And please FLA had a lot of flukes to get to the NC game, first of all it was a fluke beating USC, and the biggest fluke of all was UCLA beating USC, so please to say they had no flukes is just plain ole stupid. They had a lot of luck as well. And to say you beat OSU is like saying you beat Texas for crying out loud, OSU sucks, they played no body last year that was good.

Gender doesn't matter in this thread...it's a free-for-all.

FLA beating SC wasn't a fluke. SC were the underdogs in that game. If SC had beaten FLA than that would have been thy fluke my friend. FLA still won and that's all that matters.

OSU doesn't suck. They beat UM for crying out loud. OSU and UM are two teams that could KILL UGA.

Go to your corner doormat.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 07/20/2007, 10:48 PM
Moderator Clone

Quote:
If you trust that site so be it, it is not a very reputable site to say the least. The St. Johns has several fingers that go off of it, all of which go off before Jacksonville, thus creating a different river name.
I see your geographic knowledge is as in depth as your football knowledge. You really want to take on the article I linked from Wiki?

Maybe you could visit there and see for yourself? I seem to be missing all those branching rivers and name changes....

Here's a nice hotel:

Quote:
Getting to the Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Hotel...

Click above image for greater detail.

The Crowne Plaza is conveniently located in downtown Jacksonville on the Southbank of the St. John's River. The river cuts through the downtown business district and is traversed by four bridges. The hotel sits near the Main Street Bridge on Riverplace Boulevard and the St. John's Riverwalk.
From http://www.cpjacksonville.com/directions.php

In case you are still skeptical, here's a little blurb from the JAXPORT Authority. The folks who run the port:

Quote:

In 2003, JAXPORT constructed a 63,000-square foot temporary cruise facility near the Northwest corner of its Dames Point site, bordered by Heckscher Drive and State Road 9-A in Northeast Jacksonville. The facility is open for service. The physical address of the cruise terminal is:

JAXPORT Cruise Terminal
9810 August Drive
Jacksonville, FL 32226

GPS coordinates:
N30 degrees, 24.500'
W081 degrees, 34.650'

Please note that the terminal will open to embarking passengers at 10:30 a.m.

Click here for parking information and driving directions to the JAXPORT Cruise Terminal.

Dames Point in North Jacksonville is a good location for a temporary cruise terminal. It is near State Road 9-A and only 15 minutes from Jacksonville International Airport. JAXPORT now is looking at a number of locations along the river to build a permanent cruise terminal. Click here for an update on efforts to build a permanent cruise facility in Jacksonville.

JAXPORT owns the cruise terminal building and the JAXPORT Cruise Terminal site. Carnival and its affiliated companies staff their offices and operations within the cruise terminal building. The Bureau of Customs and Border Protection, under the Department of Homeland Security, clears arriving passengers through the terminal.

Technical Info
Square Footage of Cruise Terminal: 63,000
Square Footage of Baggage Handling area: 28,000
Square Footage of Passenger Embarkation area: 15,000

To view a list of procedures on how large vessels should enter the St. Johns River, please consult the St. Johns Bar Pilot Association.
From http://www.jaxport.com/sea/c_terminal.cfm

Kevin
Old 07/20/2007, 10:51 PM

Get that stuff off this thread i believe you i really do, you proved me wrong and i admitt it, lol.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 07/20/2007, 10:52 PM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

Quote:
I see your geographic knowledge is as in depth as your football knowledge. You really want to take on the article I linked from Wiki?

Maybe you could visit there and see for yourself?

Here's a nice hotel:

From http://www.cpjacksonville.com/directions.php

In case you are still skeptical, here's a little blurb from the JAXPORT Authority. The folks who run the port:

From http://www.jaxport.com/sea/c_terminal.cfm

Kevin
Don't confuse the boy with facts. He'll get a headache
Old 07/20/2007, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Gender doesn't matter in this thread...it's a free-for-all.

FLA beating SC wasn't a fluke. SC were the underdogs in that game. If SC had beaten FLA than that would have been thy fluke my friend. FLA still won and that's all that matters.

OSU doesn't suck. They beat UM for crying out loud. OSU and UM are two teams that could KILL UGA.

Go to your corner doormat.
OSU does suck and them beating UM proves nothing. How in the world do you know OSU or UM would kill UGA? I know FLA could not beat Auburn but guess who did?

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 07/20/2007, 10:53 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Are you kidding, OSU has one of the best coaching staffs in the nation, so dont even play that card, "they were not expecting FLA to be that good" Please Tressel knew how good fla was... simply, end of story.

Dude, seriously, how one demensional are you? The coaching staff can only coach so much. At a certain point it's up to the players to actually play the game which they didn't. They were out played, overwhelmed, and shut down. FLA killed OSU. I bet if OSU were to play FLA again it would be a much closer game though.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 07/20/2007, 10:54 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
They out played you in every part of the game, and got screwed over when they did not get the win.
Obviously they out played us when FLA was playing that sloppy. That's common sense.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 07/20/2007, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Grim Reefer
Don't confuse the boy with facts. He'll get a headache
My head is allready pounding from UCLA beating USC, now i wish they had not so USC would have gone to the big game, but shoot thats only a dream, back to the headache and being right about FLA winning it all which i stated right after UGA lost to Tenn.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 07/20/2007, 10:59 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
OSU does suck and them beating UM proves nothing. How in the world do you know OSU or UM would kill UGA? I know FLA could not beat Auburn but guess who did?
Rug, FLA only had one loss. It was a close game with Auburn. Very close. FLA beat UGA, FLA are SEC champs and NC. Please shut it with the "UGA is the best," "UGA finished the strongest," "WOOOF WOOOF WOOF" because you're not proving anyone wrong with your British emotions. You're not redneck nor southern, you're BRITISH.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 07/20/2007, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Dude, seriously, how one demensional are you? The coaching staff can only coach so much. At a certain point it's up to the players to actually play the game which they didn't. They were out played, overwhelmed, and shut down. FLA killed OSU. I bet if OSU were to play FLA again it would be a much closer game though.
Do you honestly think the players for OSU thought the gators were crap? Hmmmmm......... I DONT THINK SO. The coaches do the scouting and pick what plays to run and what not, its not like Tressel said to troy go out there and do what you want, coaches make the call, the players act. End of story.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 07/20/2007, 11:02 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
My head is allready pounding from UCLA beating USC, now i wish they had not so USC would have gone to the big game, but shoot thats only a dream, back to the headache and being right about FLA winning it all which i stated right after UGA lost to Tenn.
For the record, UGA lost to all teams that were in the SEC...Kentucky, Vandy, FLA and Tenn. which shows how weak UGA was in the SEC so to speak.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 07/20/2007, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Rug, FLA only had one loss. It was a close game with Auburn. Very close. FLA beat UGA, FLA are SEC champs and NC. Please shut it with the "UGA is the best," "UGA finished the strongest," "WOOOF WOOOF WOOF" because you're not proving anyone wrong with your British emotions. You're not redneck nor southern, you're BRITISH.
Considering i have lived here all my life and my mom and dad are british i consider myself southern.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 07/20/2007, 11:06 PM

Quote:
For the record, UGA lost to all teams that were in the SEC...Kentucky, Vandy, FLA and Tenn. which shows how weak UGA was in the SEC so to speak.
Yea b/c Auburn is not in the SEC last time i checked.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 07/20/2007, 11:07 PM

By the way redneck and southern go hand in hand.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 07/20/2007, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Also USC is not in the SEC as well are they, or is it you just dont count them anymore b/c they are going to beat you next year. Spurrier is the man, and you should have taken him back, for crying out loud he almost beat you in the swamp.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 07/20/2007, 11:26 PM
Here comes the Gators

I am starting to get a Rug headache.

Quote:
Yea b/c Auburn is not in the SEC last time i checked.
When did I say there weren't?

Four losses is way more significant than one mere loss to a good team.

Quote:
By the way redneck and southern go hand in hand.
Not necessarily...not getting into this one. I am just going to leave it at that.

And since when did you decide that I thought SC wasn't in the SEC? No kidding they are. Spurrier did almost beat FLA. At least SC almost beat FLA. UGA didn't. UGA almost lost to some other horrible teams such as Colorado and Miss. St. or something like that.

Yelp Yelp Yelp

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 07/20/2007, 11:47 PM
Registered Member

Rug-
I am from J ville and I can tell you that the St. John's River does flow right through it.

Back to important issues away from how irritating rug is,
"who is going to win it all?"
Everyone gets one pick.
Name one pick and back it up with an explanation (if you want)
Rug, you can even participate, but dont just say UGA unless you honestly believe that 7-13 stafford can lead the mongral mutts all the way to the title.
Old 07/21/2007, 12:13 AM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

If I had to pick right now it would be USC simply because I don't see anyone that had a strong season last year returning nearly as much talent USC is.