Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/19/2007, 08:36 PM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

Quote:
Originally posted by Muttling
It's more for what they've been able to recruit then what they've been able to do on the field. They've got some serious athleticism on that team and a lot of depth in the bench, you've gotta give them respect for that. The major players from last year are percieved to have lost some level of fire power to graduation while USC is percieved to have increased with recent recruits coming of age.

That said, they couldn't hold it together last year and came unravelled in a couple of games. You'll notice I have them No. 1 in preseason but not winning the NC.
SC should be a much tighter squad this year. If they can get past Nebraska they should be in good shape until they get to Cal. Thing is I think last year was not very good as far as strong teams go. I wouldn't even hazzard a guess as far as who makes it to the NC this year.
Old 07/19/2007, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Muttling
It's more for what they've been able to recruit then what they've been able to do on the field. They've got some serious athleticism on that team and a lot of depth in the bench, you've gotta give them respect for that.
That's pretty much it... the past several years under Pete and their success have made them a recruiting juggernaut... Who wouldn't want to play at SC?
Old 07/20/2007, 06:24 AM
Registered Member

I follow college football and would be surprised if USC does not win it all. Very, very strong team. They return nearly every starter (they only lose 2 starters from last years team!!!). Cal could be tough for them, but every team has to face obstacles. UCLA is a joke. I graduated from FSU, and love them with all of my heart, but I and any other fan will tell you that FSU was awful last year. But even still, FSU went in their and just beat the ever loving sh#@ out of UCLA.
In the south, its got to be LSU, but look out for Auburn and FL.
Mutt, you keep saying that FL kept their QB. You know that Tebow was not their starter last year, right? Chris Leak, although unpopular with many, actually left some big shoes to fill. That being said, Tebow is an absolute beast. He graduated from my high school, long after me, but me and the rest of the north FL residents are very familiar with him. I can tell you that that kid is a terrific football player with an uncanny feel for the game. He is such a punishing runner that DB's actually attempt to get out of his way!!! So dont count out FL.
UGA is a joke. Besides, they eventually have to beat FL in Jacksonville which hasnt happened in a long, long, long time. Even the Zook squads took care of business.
West Virginia should be nasty on offense again. Pat White and Slaton, with a dash of Noel Divine? Fuhgeddaboutit baby!!! Their schedule will be easier as well. Count out Louisville and its hard to see Rutgers repeating that success. That only leaves USF. Come on. They get all of the left overs that UF, UM, and FSU dont want.
Out of the Big 12, it is hard not to like Texas. They could be very good. Colt McCoy and a very easy schedule...
Out of the Big 10? Well, does it really matter? Michigan is clearly not as strong as they and every one else thought they were last year. I dont see why it should be any different this year. OSU took such a huge hit in the national championship game that they will have to be still feeling the effects in the early rankings. Plus, they lost their entire offense. Wisconsin loses their QB, so who knows.

So...
1. USC
2. LSU
3. WV
4. TX
5. UF
Old 07/20/2007, 08:50 AM
I brake for sps

TEXAS !!!!
Old 07/20/2007, 09:58 AM
living life 2 the fullest

Quote:
Originally posted by Cubman777
I follow college football and would be surprised if USC does not win it all. Very, very strong team. They return nearly every starter (they only lose 2 starters from last years team!!!). Cal could be tough for them, but every team has to face obstacles. UCLA is a joke. I graduated from FSU, and love them with all of my heart, but I and any other fan will tell you that FSU was awful last year. But even still, FSU went in their and just beat the ever loving sh#@ out of UCLA.
In the south, its got to be LSU, but look out for Auburn and FL.
Mutt, you keep saying that FL kept their QB. You know that Tebow was not their starter last year, right? Chris Leak, although unpopular with many, actually left some big shoes to fill. That being said, Tebow is an absolute beast. He graduated from my high school, long after me, but me and the rest of the north FL residents are very familiar with him. I can tell you that that kid is a terrific football player with an uncanny feel for the game. He is such a punishing runner that DB's actually attempt to get out of his way!!! So dont count out FL.
UGA is a joke. Besides, they eventually have to beat FL in Jacksonville which hasnt happened in a long, long, long time. Even the Zook squads took care of business.
West Virginia should be nasty on offense again. Pat White and Slaton, with a dash of Noel Divine? Fuhgeddaboutit baby!!! Their schedule will be easier as well. Count out Louisville and its hard to see Rutgers repeating that success. That only leaves USF. Come on. They get all of the left overs that UF, UM, and FSU dont want.
Out of the Big 12, it is hard not to like Texas. They could be very good. Colt McCoy and a very easy schedule...
Out of the Big 10? Well, does it really matter? Michigan is clearly not as strong as they and every one else thought they were last year. I dont see why it should be any different this year. OSU took such a huge hit in the national championship game that they will have to be still feeling the effects in the early rankings. Plus, they lost their entire offense. Wisconsin loses their QB, so who knows.

So...
1. USC
2. LSU
3. WV
4. TX
5. UF
Oh yea UGA hasnt beat fla in a very long time like you said, actually we beat them in 2004, so to say we have not beat them in a long time, is a joke itself. And the zook squad took care of FSU when they were actually half decent, and the funny thing is zook was allready fired when he beat fsu. And to say UGA is a joke is the funniest thing i have read on this whole thread, did you not see how strong they finished last year, have you ever heard of Matthew Stafford, in my mind will win the Heisman in the next few years. And as far as Tebow goes, if he does not show how strong his arm really is, all the other team has to do is shut down the left side b/c he is garbage at running to the right. UGA defense last year was one of the top defenses in the nation and go look it up on paper if you dont believe me. We killed Auburn who were ranked #3 when we played them, and your gonna see this year that the DAWGS are not a joke but in fact the mighty seminoles are the biggest joke.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 07/20/2007, 10:50 AM
Moderator Clone

Dang, he found the thread.

Kevin

UCLA: 100
Stanford: 94
Southern California: 84
Oklahoma State: 48
Arkansas: 43
LSU: 40

Go PAC 10!
Old 07/20/2007, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fishypets
TEXAS !!!!
Still Sucking after 124 years!
Old 07/20/2007, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Anemone

Kevin
Hey, I tried

Old 07/20/2007, 12:17 PM
Moved Onward

Can you smell it in the air! NCAA Football in tha house!

The PAC 10 will be better than last year but none of the teams will be great other than SC. It's SC's to loose and even though they should be unstoppable, sh!t happens and you have to have the ball bounce your way and lucky breaks as we see it year after year. Any given Saturday, a miracle can happen but with the talent and experience SC will have this year, the opponents are gonna need a lot of luck and cocky mistakes by SC to win.

TOP 5

1. SC (No explanation here)

2. FLA (Florda is the only other school that has talent everywhere like SC and shouldn't miss a beat cause the have a great coach to keep'em focused.

3. Texas (QB has a year under his belt and should do well to lead his team)

4. Michigan (No more excuses and get it done! OSU should be a walkover!)

5. Toss up between LSU and Miami. LSU is gonna miss Russell more than they think. Miami was very young last year and should be much better this year and I think they will play hard for their new coach.

6. ======> Who care's!!!

Mutt, I'll be looking for a good avatar for you! I was hoping the gangsta Lynch would be playing in this game but oh well, Cal should still be tuff at home and wanting payback for last year's embarrassment. But then again, so did ARK!

"The Conference of Champions"

359 NCAA titles and counting!

2nd Best, The Big 10 with a distant 212 titles

PAC 10 FOOTBALL is 9-6 against the SEC since the turn of the century!
Old 07/20/2007, 12:34 PM

Old yeller you are going to see that you are way off in your predictions.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 07/20/2007, 12:56 PM
667 (Evil and then some)

Quote:
Originally posted by Old Yeller Tang
Can you smell it in the air! NCAA Football in tha house!

The PAC 10 will be better than last year but none of the teams will be great other than SC. It's SC's to loose and even though they should be unstoppable, sh!t happens and you have to have the ball bounce your way and lucky breaks as we see it year after year. Any given Saturday, a miracle can happen but with the talent and experience SC will have this year, the opponents are gonna need a lot of luck and cocky mistakes by SC to win.

TOP 5

1. SC (No explanation here)

2. FLA (Florda is the only other school that has talent everywhere like SC and shouldn't miss a beat cause the have a great coach to keep'em focused.

3. Texas (QB has a year under his belt and should do well to lead his team)

4. Michigan (No more excuses and get it done! OSU should be a walkover!)

5. Toss up between LSU and Miami. LSU is gonna miss Russell more than they think. Miami was very young last year and should be much better this year and I think they will play hard for their new coach.

6. ======> Who care's!!!

Mutt, I'll be looking for a good avatar for you! I was hoping the gangsta Lynch would be playing in this game but oh well, Cal should still be tuff at home and wanting payback for last year's embarrassment. But then again, so did ARK!

I can all of that except Miami.....and, of course, my avatar getting changed.
Old 07/20/2007, 01:04 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Originally posted by bluecarpet
VT has no chance, did you not see what the DAWGS did to them.
Yeah the puppies barley won. That's not something to brag about. If you're a gator fan then BRAG AWAY.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

Anyone that thinks the SEC isn't the best conference is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 07/20/2007, 01:10 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:

Kevin

Priceless....

Bluecarpet. UGA is a joke when compared to FLA...

Florida has won seven of the last eight games when they have played a ranked Georgia team and 14 of the last 16 meetings.

go puppies

YELP YELP YELP

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

Anyone that thinks the SEC isn't the best conference is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 07/20/2007, 01:39 PM
Moderator Clone

Oh cr@p, now Floriduh is in the house!

Kevin

UCLA: 100
Stanford: 94
Southern California: 84
Oklahoma State: 48
Arkansas: 43
LSU: 40

Go PAC 10!
Old 07/20/2007, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Oh cr@p, now Floriduh is in the house!

Kevin
Priceless.

The DAWGS still hold the overall record and always will 55semireef get used to it, DAWGS dominate and always will. WOOF WOOF. And VT got whooped by the DAWGS.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 07/20/2007, 03:23 PM
Registered Member

Blue Carpet:
I still think that the Dawgs are a joke. And do me a favor and point out where I said that the 'Noles will be good this year. Actually, all I said was that they were terrible last year.
I can understand how you could get confused though. I hear that many things get confusing in GA. Such as how a team can consistently underachieve.
Its surprising to hear how tough you are on the Seminoles. Where do you think Richt came from?
I would take Tebow over Stafford any day. Stafford doesnt even look like an athelete. 235 lbs of pudge. He's like Lorenzen junior. Oh, and how did the mighty Stafford do last year?
7 td's
13 int's
52% passes completed
Thats pathetic. Some star.
And the defense? They actually were pretty good last year. But that was last year and they lost a lot of players (graduation, academic ineligability, etc.) and have holes all over the place.
But hey, they still have a fun mascot

Last edited by Cubman777; 07/20/2007 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07/20/2007, 03:44 PM

But hey guess what, where is Richt staying? Thats right UGA, and how long ago was that when he left? I know you are still sad about it but its ok Richt is in a better place i can assure you that. And by the way if you knew even half of the UGA program you would know that Joe and Matthew did not get along at all, see the thing with Joe was his last name, not that you would know what that means but any how, Matthew did not start most of the games last year, but when he needed to be good his true colors showed on how great of a QB he is, and if you dont think he is great then you stand alone in a sad corner with the rest of the noles fans. I hate to say this but you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to UGA'S defense.

Staffords stats vs Auburn, which do have a good defense if i do recall, but what do i know they only beat the NC'S last year.

14 for 20 219 yards thrown 70.0 percent completion, need i say more for how good this guy really is and to say he is a lump of pludge is a joke and you obviously have not seen the man in person. Muscle weighs more than fat just to let you know, i dont think bobby knows that yet.

Going back to UGA's defense, thats what the DAWGS are known for is their killer instincts on the defensive end of the ball game, they have and always will have one of the top D's in the nation.The noles are the joke not the DAWGS. I wont go into what Florida is known for because that kind of talk is not tolerated here on this site. , but guess what i live in florida.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 07/20/2007, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Grim Reefer
Hey, I tried

Refresh my memory, who won that game again? GT or UGA?

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 07/20/2007, 04:27 PM
Registered Member

BC:
You crack me up. I think you need to take another look at your team's D. You lost both of your D ends (who were the best players on your team last year BTW) and Tony Taylor, your best LB. Paul Oliver, who was one of the best cover corners in the nation last year is also gone due to adademic ineligibility.
The fact that you know so little about your own team, yet speak so loudly, tells me a lot about you.
BTW, how many national championships has UGA won?
Old 07/20/2007, 04:29 PM
But what do I know?

Cubbman777, you should go back and read the 2006 NCAA thread, or at least parts of it, and realize you are wasting your time trying to make sense out of anything rug says. Common sense and logic do not apply when it comes to rug.

"By the way Brian, nice colon." ~ Orchids
Old 07/20/2007, 04:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jgoodrich71
Cubbman777, you should go back and read the 2006 NCAA thread, or at least parts of it, and realize you are wasting your time trying to make sense out of anything rug says. Common sense and logic do not apply when it comes to rug.
Yeah, Im starting to realize that. Its ok. I correspond with him only for my own personal amusement. Its entertaining. Like teasing your neighbor's annoying dog. Or should I say DAWG.
Old 07/20/2007, 04:52 PM

Quote:
BC:
You crack me up. I think you need to take another look at your team's D. You lost both of your D ends (who were the best players on your team last year BTW) and Tony Taylor, your best LB. Paul Oliver, who was one of the best cover corners in the nation last year is also gone due to adademic ineligibility.
The fact that you know so little about your own team, yet speak so loudly, tells me a lot about you.
BTW, how many national championships has UGA won?
You just named 4 people on a defensive side, how many are on a defensive side again? You crack me up as well because you are acting like nobody is going to be taking their spots, do you not realize that UGA is always going to have a good DEFENSE. Check out where they rank in actual recruiting and get back at me. Obviously you know nothing about them since you have no idea how college football works, its all about recruiting since the best players will only be around for 3 years maybe 4 if they do choose to stay the extra year.

Quote:
Paul Oliver, who was one of the best cover corners in the nation last year is also gone due to adademic ineligibility.
Did you happen to be like him?

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 07/20/2007, 04:54 PM

Oh man the alabamian man is here now, yea b/c you were so right on your predictions,

I actually did call the score not exactly but the closest out of anyone here, and called who was going to win the NC, so i think iam doing pretty darn good.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 07/20/2007, 04:57 PM
Moderator Clone

Quote:
Originally posted by jgoodrich71
Yep. He's a die-hard Georgia fan and nothing can convince him that Georgia isn't the best school in the SEC (which is, of course, the best conference)... right up until they lose 2 or 3 games and are out of the hunt. Then he flips over to Floriduh.

Kevin
Old 07/20/2007, 04:59 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Did you happen to be like him? [/B]
No. Actually, I am pretty well learned.
But I am still laughing at your expense. So are my friends. I hope you dont mind.