Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge

Old 01/15/2007, 12:19 PM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

So one post with is it possible erases several dozen with claims of glory for the team that couldn't have won the division AA championship?

Face it rug, you ran your mouth, you got called on it, we documented it.

You predicted the pups would win it all, beat Tennesee, after the Tennessee loss LSU would beat Florida and the Pups would go on to win it all, then the pups would be Fla, MU would beat OSU. Thats 5 wrong guesses to one right. That isn't demonstrating any knowledge, its luck, and not very good luck at that. YELP YELP!!!
Old 01/15/2007, 12:58 PM
Here comes the Gators

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bluecarpet
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by 55semireef
More pathetic comments by Rug:

I need to worry about osu because if they loose there is still a chance for georgia to go all the way. Georgia beats florida. Georgia beats tenn. Georgia beats auburn. Georgia wins the sec. There is no chance in heck that we would not make the championship game if we were to do this. And it is very possible. Our "D" baby. And please bring the heat Matthew Stafford. We can do it and i have confidence that we can do it and there is nothing wrong with that. WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF

You notice the keywords, it is possible? I dont think you do, but go waste your time and look back at all the things i have said. I am sure you said some pretty stupid things as well.
You said that your puppy team WOULD beat, Tenn, WOULD beat FLA and WOULD be Auburn. All you said was its very possible that your Georgia team would be in the NC game. And what's confusing about your lack of knowledge, you first say "There is no chance in heck that we would not make the championship game if we were to do this" and then you say "And it is very possible." That doesn't even make sense if your smart as a 5 year old.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

Anyone that thinks the SEC isn't the best conference is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/15/2007, 01:02 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Originally posted by bluecarpet
Well good job for putting words into my mouth ECE. Def did not even mention illinois, or did i ever mention iowa, but you keep thinking that if it will make you feel better from the fact that THE SEC IS THE BEST while the little 10 is................... well 41-14, i

bluecarpet
live life to the fullest

Ok osu lose to iowa and michigan, mark my words

Rug, there you go again. ^^^

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/15/2007, 01:30 PM
Registered Member

Darn. Unfortunately, all three of the OSU guys are going. Bye to Gonzalez, Ginn, and Pittman. Looks like OSU will be a force in a couple years and lose one/two at least this coming year. Losing the QB, no. 1 RB, nos. 1 and 2 WRs among others. Oh well.
Old 01/15/2007, 01:49 PM

SC lost a lot last year and really should have been in the NC game this year, you never know what is going to happen. I would have figurd a finish in the top 10 would have been a good season this year.
Old 01/15/2007, 01:50 PM

Old 01/15/2007, 02:36 PM
living life 2 the fullest

Its kinda sad to see a little boy wearing the little GT shirt when we also beat them.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 01/15/2007, 03:35 PM

The little kid is ****ed, his team lost to a bunch of losers like the pups
Old 01/15/2007, 03:40 PM
Here comes the Gators

FLA lost Reggie Nelson, and Jarvos Moss. Oh, and Chris Leak.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/15/2007, 03:45 PM

SC is going to take a couple hits but they still might be pre season Number 1 again.
Old 01/15/2007, 03:58 PM
Registered Member

USC probably will be. The other one I could see as preseason #1 is UM, since they're not losing very much. Pretty much all the juniors are returning. FLA, USC, and UM will duke it out for the top two spots most likely, probably with USC and UM winning that battle. The Big Ten should be better this coming year, with lots more experience in PSU and Wisconsin, plus the usual OSU/UM, and a new and better coach at MSU. If Arkansas can find a QB they'll be good, too. Now that McFadden is well-known, they can't rely on just him as a surprise. WVU will be interesting to see if they can live up to their hype. Texas and Oklahoma should be pretty good with more experience, even without AP. It'll be interesting to see how Tebow handles the new starting job. He'll probably be fine, but it'll be a big jump from a situational running QB to an every down team leader.
Old 01/15/2007, 04:28 PM

I think there is going to be a lot better teams this comming year.

The PAC could be one of the toughest confernces. I think Cal will be strong again. SC and UCLA should both be good and the Arizona teams too. Washington State might be a suprise, I like the coach.
Old 01/15/2007, 04:29 PM
Here comes the Gators

FLA lost Reggie Nelson, and Jarvos Moss. Oh, and Chris Leak.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/15/2007, 04:45 PM
Robotic Overlord

Quote:
Originally posted by ECEKatko
Texas and Oklahoma should be pretty good with more experience, even without AP.
I don't know, we can get along without Peterson with no problem. However, we need something we have not had in a few years, a decent quarterback. Although a lot of key players are returning and the team was admittedly young this year, next year we will be starting yet another new quarterback.
Old 01/15/2007, 04:48 PM

With what Florida is losing on D and special teams I wouldn't be surprised if they slipped out of the top 5. Wisconsin might come in pretty high.
Old 01/15/2007, 05:22 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Originally posted by The Grim Reefer
With what Florida is losing on D and special teams I wouldn't be surprised if they slipped out of the top 5. Wisconsin might come in pretty high.

Nah...our team was pretty young. I think we started like 32 freshman last year with special teams, defense and offense combined. We have a young team.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/15/2007, 06:11 PM
In over my head!

Quote:
Originally posted by ECEKatko
It'll be interesting to see how Tebow handles the new starting job. He'll probably be fine, but it'll be a big jump from a situational running QB to an every down team leader.
Tebow will do just fine, trust me. He was an early entry, so this is actually his 2nd offseason in the program. I followed Tebow in HS, and I've seen him at UF. He's amazingly tough, a natural leader, and I haven't seen anyone with his will to win (did you know he completed a game in HS despite a broken bone in his leg? If that's not guts, I don't know what is.). I'm not just gushing about him because he's the next Gator QB, there's something special about this kid that I just haven't seen before.

Even in his freshman year, has teammates were excited every time he stepped on the field. They're excited to see what he can do, and play that much harder to make it happen. Then there's the fan support....this kid is already as popular on campus as Danny Wuerffel was going into his senior season.

The offense will tailor plays to Tebow's strengths. He'll still carry the ball a bit, but we'll start seeing more reverses, option passes, etc. He's not just a runner, either, he also holds the Florida HS record for passing TDs. A good game plan will be able to exploit defenses because Tebow must be accounted for on every down. I see very good things in our future.
Old 01/15/2007, 06:17 PM
Here comes the Gators

GO GATORS!!!

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/15/2007, 06:35 PM
Registered Member

I believe he'll be fine, but every couple years the top programs get a huge recruit that the fans think will bring their program to the promised land. Some of them take a couple years and do (Leak), some don't do squat and have forgettable careers (Zwick). From being in Ohio, Zwick was amazing at the high school level. Anyone and everyone would've taken him as one of the top couple high school QBs in the country, but everyone knows how that turned out. Tebow's got a couple seasons to live up to his hype. I wouldn't expect him to be the best QB in school history his first season as a starter. One thing that will happen when he gets all the game time is that he'll make mistakes. He didn't do that a lot this year, but he also didn't have the same level of game time. Everyone remembers how amazing Clarett was as a freshman, along with how fiery he was. Tebow probably won't turn out like Clarett, but I'm skeptical of some of his hype.

For any other Columbus folks, we already know what every headline will be starting in late spring. Who will be the starting QB? I'm eager to see who they go with. Boeckman would be a big change from the mobile Troy of the past couple years, sitting in the pocket. Schoenhoft could be good too, giving us a more mobile QB than Boeckman. Then there's the new guy, Henton. You guys will love this. Henton said that if he starts at QB this year and on for his college career, he WILL be the next Heisman winner at OSU. Definitely. Says he's a lot like Smith, just without some of the arm strength. Also says that he'll be in the weight room this season and will work till his arm is as strong as Smith's. It's been a nice couple years without a real cocky guy on the team speaking out.
Old 01/15/2007, 07:10 PM
Here comes the Gators

FLA gators are cocky. Look what happened.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/15/2007, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 55semireef
Nah...our team was pretty young. I think we started like 32 freshman last year with special teams, defense and offense combined. We have a young team.
These are all starters

Your losing the QB, 2 WR's and the center on offense.

Defense you lose 1 DE, both DT's, 2 LB's 1 Safety and 1 CB.

For special teams you lose Kicker, Punter, Kick and punt Returner.

Thats a pretty hard hit. Also assuming no other underclassmen decalare for the draft.

I assume they will start out playing AA teams again which will help but they have a lot of work to do to get the new offensive scheme in place.
Old 01/15/2007, 11:25 PM
Here comes the Gators

Grim, your right. But with FLA being like the number one or number two recruiting team in the nation, we will bounce back.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/16/2007, 12:47 AM

Depends who you talk to. SC is listed over the last 5 years as #3, 1, 1, 1, and 5 for this year. Without splitting hairs SC has been in the top 5 for 5 straight years. Kinda gets rediculous, where to you put the talent? Nic problem to have
Old 01/16/2007, 06:03 PM
Here comes the Gators

FLA has been up there too with SC.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/16/2007, 06:26 PM
living life 2 the fullest

Hmmm.......... What about UGA as well?

We are always up there in the rankings. Watch out for next year for them DAWGS to munch down on some nice gator tail.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.