Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Seahorses & Pipefish
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/29/2007, 02:04 PM
Registered Member

Tom Aquatics Rapids Pro Series PS4 Canister Filter with Auto Fill System

Has anyone tried this new product with their seahorses? This may be a good way to have a tank that is not drilled-but can handle the daily oil spill that happens when we feed foods like PE Mysis...I have it one my Christmas list, but would like some more feed back before I go and give my SHs gas bubble disease or a syphen flood all over my floor...but it looks promising

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewIt...or~~tab~2.html
Old 11/29/2007, 11:07 PM
Registered Member

I really havent had ay good things said about this yet...

Most complaints are about how tight it is and how one really cant work on/in it comfortably
Old 12/01/2007, 11:21 AM
Registered Member

Wow, Merry Christmas!!! Sent my husband to Marine Depot to pick up some dry goods and he brought this back, it was too large to hide under the tree so it's off to the water store for make-up water...this thing is amazing-it's so modular, I can't wait to hurl the Fluval 103 into the trash it is replacing...the filter is larger than the tank it is going on...It even has a top-off system, the designers thought of everything!!! The best part, flood proof-has a tight lid just like a canister filter...I will update this post and let everyone know how well or what problems occure as they relate to SHs...after seeing the size of the pump I am almost afraid my SH is going to look more like Dorthy in a tornado than anything else-keep ya posted...