Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Photography

Old 12/31/2007, 03:35 PM
Moved On

Random practice photos....

Taken with a Canon A720 IS standard lens no conversions.

I'll be posting better pics tomorrow.

Any one know where I can find REAL canon lenses for my 720IS that wont break the bank?

T/Y !
Old 12/31/2007, 04:02 PM
Moved On

Nice pics... good lookin' dog. I like the coral pic best out of those three and the first two seem to suffer from overexposure.
Old 12/31/2007, 09:11 PM
RC Mod

Just looked at the specs for your camera and it looks like there are no threads on the end of the lens to attach filters or lens attachments to. So your kinda stuck with what you have unless you want to rig up a way to attach filters to the end of your lens. Even if the camera did have threads though, you're limited to filters and wide angle/telephoto adapters. Point and shoot cameras have built in lenses so you can't swap lenses like you can with a dslr/slr.
Hope that answers your question.
The Acan shot is awesome by the way. So is your dog
You can't really blame the camera too much for overexposing the shot- that's pretty much of an impossible situation for any camera to handle because of the vast difference in brightness between the lit side of the dogs face and the black fur. A flash would help even things out but flashes can cause evileye on animals. Some people call it redeye