Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > Corallimorpharians
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03/18/2007, 06:25 AM
Registered Member

Disappointed in ric purchase...look!

A few days ago I received what the seller said was a 1 and 1/2 inch electric pink ricordea yuma. I won it on auction for $125.00. Anyway, what I recieved was a mostly brown ric that expands in my happy and healthy ric tank to 1 inch. It also appears to be a florida ricordea as upon close inspection I find no sign of tentacles surrounding the oral opening. The following pics are of the little brown ric, one photo also featuring a newly acquired orange florida ric, and the photo that accompanied the auction. What I received is not even close to the photo on the auction. I guess I'm just looking for some moral support before I contact the seller again. Would you be disappointed with this purchase?
Old 03/18/2007, 06:59 AM
Premium Member

For some moral support, its hard to tell but looks like you got the shaft!!!
Old 03/18/2007, 07:56 AM
Registered Member

I would be dissapointed. wow, i was going to bid on that thing but my computer locked up at the last minute, im glad i didnt. I did buy something from that person that was advertised as ricordea, but the pic was a macro shot of a frogspawn
Old 03/18/2007, 08:17 AM
Registered Member

It is very hard to tell, as the ric oculd have just discolored with shipping depending on how poorly it shipped (in this case, to produce that drastic of a color change, they must have been playing soccer with the box!) However, what's concerning me as per "did-you-get-swindled" is the strange green almost metallic tint as you tilt the ricordea in the second picture. It's very subtle and hard to notice, and you can only really see it in the second picture. Makes it look more like a discolored to meh-colored green florida ric than any extravagant pink ric like in the last picture.

I'd contact the person who sold it to you, especially considering you paid that much for it.

*hugs* Good luck with it! Hopefully you can either get your money back or get the real ricordea (although, if you're a reef addict like me, you want your coral!)
Old 03/18/2007, 08:37 AM
Registered Member

Thats not good, gutted for you.

Maybe a name and shame would help cheer you up, sure people would like to know!!
Old 03/18/2007, 09:15 AM
Reefneck.

Im so sorry.

~Becca
Old 03/18/2007, 10:03 AM
Registered Member

<----plays theme from "shaft"
Old 03/18/2007, 11:15 AM
Registered Member

hey ya fish go give the seller negitive feed bac..i would..

scott
Old 03/18/2007, 01:47 PM
Registered Member

its a yuma imo but definately not what you paid for. in no way shape or form was that ric ever pink
Old 03/18/2007, 02:00 PM
Registered Member

you got the shaft. Worth $25 at the most IMO.

Brent
Old 03/18/2007, 02:50 PM
Premium Member

Look Here at the Pink Yuma
Old 03/18/2007, 06:14 PM
Registered Member

I would contact the seller to correct the situation and report him to the place you bid for it and call the authorities on what can be done.
If they don't correct the situation , you should tell everyone on the forum who this person is so no one get into the same situation. Sorry for your purchase hope you get it resolved!
Old 03/18/2007, 08:04 PM
Ricordea ¤ Addict

Looks like they might have sent you the wrong ric as an honest mistake. Contact them and clear it up before you go and ruin their good name on eBay. If they did give you the shaft make them pay though

I am a proud member of the Chesapeake Marine Aquaria Society (CMAS). If you're in the Maryland area check us out!
Old 03/18/2007, 11:45 PM
Moved On

Very sorry. It is a shame if you were intentionally ripped of. Who was the seller so others can be on the look out? Doesn't look like the same ric at all. Think you got the shaft. Does look like you got a FL ricordia instead. The spirocysts look too much the same size though can't see the mouth, but with the pic it is really hard to tell. Could be yuma, but I wouldn't think it is the one in the last pic. You need to file a complaint with ebay and if you payed with paypal, them too. Keep us up to date with what happens. Luck.
Old 03/19/2007, 02:57 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by UnderwaterExotic
Pink yumas like that one goes for 30 for dime size to 50 for half dollar size.
$125 for the one in the auction sounds kinda high imo even if it was not all browned out.
Either way, I'd be dissapointed to get the one you got in the mail.
Old 03/19/2007, 04:24 AM
Registered Member

I am going to try and work things out with the seller first before I file a complaint with ebay or leave negative feedback. So far they have not responded to my latest email.
Old 03/19/2007, 05:41 AM
Premium Member

Do not wait too long. There is a time limit on how long you can wait. I am in the process right now.
Old 03/19/2007, 06:32 AM
Registered Member

I got riped like that once before. As the old saying goes: Screw me once shame on you, screw me twise shame on me.........
Old 03/19/2007, 09:26 AM
Geek

I hope that is an honest mistake and gets corrected because if not that is the most horrid looking $125 ric I've ever seen- discolored or not!
Old 03/19/2007, 05:37 PM
Registered Member

I know there is a lot of good vendors on Ebay. They also have a lot of rip offs. You got hosed, stop payment. If you file a dispute you have to pay shipping back to them, probley more than the cost. Have your credit card company reverse the charge.
Old 03/19/2007, 07:29 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by UnderwaterExotic
Was that the picture of the Yuma in the auction? I sure in the hell hope not...that is a pic from my tank that I took about a year ago. I have sold plenty of pink yuma's on this forum (babies from the one in the link) and whatever you got, is not a pink yuma. I would say you got the shaft. Can you post a link to the original auction?
Old 03/19/2007, 07:58 PM
Registered Member

Well, I was going with the honest mistake theme until Rick pops up with, "that pic is from my tank last year." Hopefully, that was not the pic used for the auction.

I can honestly say that I have never got ripped on Ebay. I'm real picky about Feedback. Better have a min of 100 with less than 1 complaint. That complaint has to be six months old.

For high dollar stuff, I typically approach people here with sound reputations. I'd rather pay top dollar/fair value and KNOW what I'm getting.

I really hope that this was a mistake and not some hack.

Please keep us informed.
Old 03/19/2007, 08:24 PM
Registered Member

Yes, that was the photo on the auction. Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0146&rd=1&rd=1
Old 03/19/2007, 10:29 PM
Registered Member

ntfish,
Blazer is talking about another photo, not the one it seems on the auction.
Old 03/19/2007, 11:04 PM
Moved On

So have you been able to get hold of the seller yet?