Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 11/07/2005, 10:01 PM
Registered Member

Also if it not can you tell me what it is?
Old 11/07/2005, 10:12 PM
Registered Member

If you look at the picture you can see a litttle part of it were it has died off..the left hand coner
Old 11/07/2005, 10:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BLASTO1
Thanks for the advice!!-- zanemoseley---fishypets

I not whining and moaning about it, I'm defending my self becouse you are putting me down..if you read the thread
I can understand you're feeling defensive, but take a second to think how the seller must feel after reading this public bashing. I have read the thread and hope you get the issue resolved in a civil manner. Best of luck to you.
Old 11/07/2005, 11:08 PM
Registered Member

I have been talking to fishypets by E-mail and I do beleave him. Hopefully it will come back...So it could of been do to shipping that it's this way....Thankyou--fishypets

Last edited by BLASTO1; 11/07/2005 at 11:21 PM.
Old 11/07/2005, 11:18 PM
I brake for sps

Good luck Blasto.
Old 11/07/2005, 11:20 PM
Registered Member

I will follow your recommendations.
Old 11/07/2005, 11:23 PM
Registered Member

I was orignally not going to post anything and let this die down, but I would like to get my side out. Blasto, if there is something wrong with a coral that someone sends you, please contact the seller immediately instead of posting bad things about him/her publicly. I would've gladly helped you out, send you a replacement or refunded your money. I have a good reputation on ebay (100% positive feedback):

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...globalaquatics

I am willing to work this out with you, in spite of all this. Please pm me and let me know what you would like to do (replacement, credit, or refund). If you wouldn't mind sending me a picture of the frag (since you say it's in very bad shape), that will be great too. Hope to hear from you soon so we can resolve this quickly. Thanks
Old 11/07/2005, 11:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BLASTO1
I have been talking to fishypets by E-mail and I do beleave him. Hopefully it will come back...So it could of been do to shipping that it's this way....Thankyou--fishypets

I see that you had others look at the frag. The frag you recieved was a genuine Purple monster, no doubt. I hope it comes back too, since it's a very nice piece. Give it a couple weeks. I had my colony around 10" from the water surface, under 400w 20ks. Let me know how it turns out.
Old 11/07/2005, 11:37 PM
Registered Member

I am going to take a branch of it that is healthy and try to refrag it. I don't really want to take it off the rock until this weekend because I don't want to stress it any more until than so I can refrag. I can send you pictures of the side that is dead than.
Old 11/07/2005, 11:40 PM
Registered Member

Sounds good, thanks Glad we could resolve this nicely.
Old 11/08/2005, 10:54 AM
Registered Member

sheesh glad thats over LOL.
BLASTO, just to refirm what others said, as soon as you cut a coral and place it in a bag it will most definatly loose some color. every SPS is different but most tan out. they regain there color again in most cases. I've sold TONS of frags and that happens ALL the time. you definatly jumped the gun with this thread.
Old 11/08/2005, 07:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by john rochon
sheesh glad thats over LOL.
BLASTO, just to refirm what others said, as soon as you cut a coral and place it in a bag it will most definatly loose some color. every SPS is different but most tan out. they regain there color again in most cases. I've sold TONS of frags and that happens ALL the time. you definatly jumped the gun with this thread.
It is half dead!!
Old 11/08/2005, 07:20 PM
Registered Member

Blasto: You still should've contacted me first before posting such a thread. I'm still waiting on the pictures.
Old 11/08/2005, 07:21 PM
Registered Member

I told you that I will send you pictures this weekend
Old 11/08/2005, 07:24 PM
Registered Member

ok, thank you.
Old 11/08/2005, 07:31 PM
w00000000000t

I've personally been to will's place here in san diego. he's a great guy and have purchased several nice pieces from him.

blasto you should give will some time to make things right. send him the pics and i'm sure he will take care of you.
Old 11/08/2005, 07:46 PM
Premium Member

Blasto I can't believe you haven't figured it out yet; work with the guy and he will treat you fairly. Do you think there is 100% success in this hobby or anything in life. I have bought corals that I was ready to throw away and 3 weeks later they were thriving. There are a whole lot of variables to consider to hold the seller completely liable; he has a vested interest intaking care of you so give him a chance.You really can't rush anything in a reef tank.
Old 11/08/2005, 07:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by merlock116
I've personally been to will's place here in san diego. he's a great guy and have purchased several nice pieces from him.

blasto you should give will some time to make things right. send him the pics and i'm sure he will take care of you.
That's what me and Will have worked out and I don't understand why people want to keep pushing it....Thanks
Old 11/08/2005, 07:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffberg
Blasto I can't believe you haven't figured it out yet; work with the guy and he will treat you fairly. Do you think there is 100% success in this hobby or anything in life. I have bought corals that I was ready to throw away and 3 weeks later they were thriving. There are a whole lot of variables to consider to hold the seller completely liable; he has a vested interest intaking care of you so give him a chance.You really can't rush anything in a reef tank.
Have you read the thread...Thats what we are doing!!
Old 11/08/2005, 07:51 PM
Macro Algae Connoisseur

as a 3rd party person not knowing the situation. i'd like to give my input.. i've shipped many corals before and alot of them lose color to stress. i've had people question whether it is the right coral or not. if the coral is indeed dying... losing tissue etc.. theres a legitimate gripe. if the color isn't purple... you might want to give it some time to recover from the stress. publicly bashing a seller before giving some time to resolve the situation is really unfair. i'm not taking sides here... i'm looking at it objectively. jmo
Old 11/09/2005, 10:00 PM
RC Admin

I think we're done here.

"So, Mike was right." - MalHavoc