Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > Corallimorpharians
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01/03/2008, 08:06 PM
Premium Member

Unhappy Yuma

I don't think this yuma is very happy. He seems to be expelling a lot of zooanthellae (sp?) each night. It's oral cavity also seems to be less brightly colored. I'm really not sure what to look for in a healthy yuma other than what it looked like several weeks ago when I first brought it home.

I have been target feeding it mysid, oyster eggs and rotifers along with the other corals.

It's in a 58 gallon tank with a center overflow (I'm thinking flow might be the issue) and two koralia pumps. Lighting is an Outer Orbit HQI/T5HO fixture with 2 x 150 mh's 10k. AquaC 120 skimmer in 28 gallon sump.

The yuma is at the bottom of the tank in the center on it's own rock. Other inhabitants include a sun coral, a small frag of micromussa, a colony of stylophora, some zoas and some palys, a photsynthetic gorgonian, xenia, small frag of garf bonsai, small frag of grape idaho, colony of turbinaria, various ricordia foridia (don't look thrilled either) and various shrooms.

None of the shrooms really seem to be thriving.

Amonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate undetectable
calcium 360

Maybe I'm a bit paranoid about this yuma but it just looks "off" to me. Any thoughts? Maybe there's some other coral I need ot remove?

Erin