Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 02/25/2007, 07:43 PM
Moved On

SPStoner has $300.00 for almost 2 months and won't send my corals or reply!

So, I hate writing this, but I won an auction from SPStoner on December 31 of 2006...paid soon after...total more than $300.00...after many excuses, a few emails, positive feedback left by him, and me taking off work and waiting at home three times he's finally just stopped replying to my emails. Last I heard of him was two weeks ago. He apologized, said he was busy.
The auction mentioned his Reef Central ID....we've even PM'd once or twice here regarding this. He's claimed responsibility more than once, being that I am "understanding" he's even offered to refund me and still send the corals. I (being understanding) said I just want the corals...I didn't mind waiting or paying for something...he seemed like a nice guy....just busy. Last time he offered a refund though I said he should do what he thinks is right. No refund, corals, or even a reply to my emails.
I have also left my phone number twice.
I don't want anything free, I am not high maintenance...or a pain...I just want the various corals I've paid for...at this point the money would be nice. We're all busy, I've rearranged my schedule and given up jobs (so this has really cost me more than the $300.00) to wait for corals that never come.
Since he's so well thought of and has nice corals can anyone give me a hand here? I have many emails, the original auction, etc....
I've also always kept my composure, been understanding, even supportive of his hectic schedule...no mention of my schedule and the 70 hours a week I was working.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated...hopefully there's nothing truly wrong....and I get my corals.

Drew
Old 02/26/2007, 11:10 PM
Moved On

Any help?

d.
Old 02/27/2007, 12:12 AM
Premium Member

If this is an auction from e bay, if you paid by paypal, file a claim with them. If not paypal, then e bay.
I have always heard good things about him as a seller, so I have nothing to say here, good or bad, just trying to give you options on what you can do.
I would think when he sees this posted here, he will get in contact with you, and make things right.
Or at least I hope he will do that , for your sake and his.
Good luck with this.
Old 02/27/2007, 10:26 AM
Moved On

Well, I'm really just hoping he'll see this. or perhaps someone in the know will tell me his story...
Honestly, I've been a member of RC since early 2000...Ebay 1999 and I've never had anything like this happen before.

What else can I do?

Drew
Old 02/27/2007, 06:34 PM
Indiana Jones Of SPS

Wow I have purchased a few times from Tony. Not one problem. I am in shock. I know they had a snow storm about 2 weeks ago.
Still no excuse. I am sure he will respond if you attach a link to him about this thread.

DVRC Vice President
Old 02/27/2007, 08:27 PM
Moved On

Yeah, I've heard good stuff about him too...that's why I jumped on the auction.
I don't see what this thread will do to motivate him, I've already bent over backwards, appealed to his honesty, etc, etc, etc...
I'm still willing to work with him over this....I'm starting to feel like an idiot though...imagine that!

Drew
Old 02/28/2007, 12:50 AM
Dracula

D,

I've dealt with Tony a few times, nothing but good results....

Not sure what you should do.

joe

ps still at coney?
Old 03/01/2007, 05:58 PM
Indiana Jones Of SPS

Any updates???

DVRC Vice President
Old 03/01/2007, 06:07 PM
Moved On

Nope. It kinda sucks because it was the last of the money I could spend on any new corals...plus it was a really good deal...maybe too good...perhaps that has something to do with it? I guess it's all speculaution since my last email from him was February 11....that's 19 days. I suppose I should try to get my money from Paypal...though I doubt that will work.

Hey Joe, long time no see....I quit Coney Island Aquarium/Bronx Zoo...they (also) tried to screw me about money...

Want to do a trade? I still have a few nice corals...could give you a decent frag of true Pink Lemonade...

Anyway, does anyone have any idea how I can reach Tony? Again, I just want the corals I paid for...

Thanks,
Drew
Old 03/01/2007, 08:45 PM
A.K.A. colinadam

You could easily win a paypal claim, I'd start it tonight and be ready to show your sent e-mails and other tries at communication. I'd do it tonight, no use in waiting and having a time period burn you.
Old 03/02/2007, 06:52 PM
Moved On

So, Ebay says the time limit for getting any sort of refund is up. Paypal doesn't seem to be much help either. I've gotten zero help via anyone who actually knows him. It seems like I was strung along until the 60 day limit on getting a refund had been reached (or perhaps it's just a coincidence that he stopped replying, apologizing, and promising to ship my corals at about 60 days).
I suppose I can call the sheriff in his town. Has anyone ever done this before?
I'm surprised someone would lie and such for $300 plus dollars...especially a fellow reefer. I don't get it!

Drew
Old 03/02/2007, 07:03 PM
Indiana Jones Of SPS

Have you sent him a PM with a link to this thread? Have you posted feedback on Ebay?

DVRC Vice President
Old 03/02/2007, 07:07 PM
Moved On

I'm waiting to post feedback in the hope that he sends me my corals. Perhaps I am naive...
I've written a PM or two and an email...

Drew
Old 03/02/2007, 07:24 PM
Registered Member

does he has a website? I tried to type an address http://www.spstoner.com but got no where. Sounds like he is one of exoticreefs.us farmers located in north CA. You might wanna try and get help from farmers listed on this site http://www.exoticreefs.us/__er_farmers.htm

Or see if you can get help from this reef club http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumd...s=&forumid=298
Old 03/02/2007, 07:34 PM
Moved On

Thanks guys...anyway, He's in Ohio. He's just a pretty advanced hobbyist...it's not his business...so I can understand taking a little time to ship....but it's gotten ridiculous.

Drew
Old 03/02/2007, 08:28 PM
Premium Member

I notice his last post was 2/14/07...coincidently to one of my threads...Has anyone that knows him more personally seen or heard from him? I am beginning to wonder if he is okay. He posts fairly regularly and has done a lot of buisness over time and I have not heard anything but good stuff about him. Almost 3 weeks without a post...weird. I do hope all is well for him and that you work this out, it totally sucks to be out that much moola.
Old 03/02/2007, 08:34 PM
Indiana Jones Of SPS

I was wonderring the same thing. I Pmed him about 2 weeks ago about a frag. he never responded but he did read the message.

I hope this gets worked out. he is a great reefer to have on RC .

DVRC Vice President
Old 03/02/2007, 09:02 PM
Moved On

Weird. I'm hoping he's ok.

Here's what he was supposed to send...

True Rainbow Monti.
True Superman Monti.
True Sunset Monti.
Tyree Monti Confusa.
Very colorful Cyphastrea.
Plus at least 4 others very decent frags.

So you can see why I would just like the frags and end this...especially since I've held off getting any of these.

Drew
Old 03/02/2007, 09:06 PM
Indiana Jones Of SPS

I feel your pain

DVRC Vice President
Old 03/02/2007, 10:21 PM
SPS PIMP

Drew, have you tried contacting a local reef forum in his area?
Sucks dude, I really don't know what else you can do???
Old 03/03/2007, 06:48 AM
Garbologist

Quote:
Originally posted by delv
I'm waiting to post feedback in the hope that he sends me my corals. Perhaps I am naive...
I've written a PM or two and an email...

Drew
You have waited long enough. Do what you have to do.

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."
Old 03/03/2007, 07:03 AM
Indiana Jones Of SPS

Quote:
Originally posted by smiller
You have waited long enough. Do what you have to do.
Release the hounds!!!!

DVRC Vice President
Old 03/03/2007, 01:42 PM
Moved On

Deoes anyone have an idea where I should start? Any threads or websites regarding mail fraud?

Drew
Old 03/03/2007, 02:59 PM
Indiana Jones Of SPS

First thing is to send him a PM with a link to this thread. Then post feedback on Ebay to alert others. If he works it out with you you can withdraw it from ebay.
I would also send him a detailed note about contacting the local sheriff. I am sure he will handle this. Its a sad situation. Thats why i always use my AMEX card. Peace of mind.
I think I might have contact info I will check. I will PM you if I find it.

DVRC Vice President
Old 03/03/2007, 03:06 PM
Indiana Jones Of SPS

PM sent

DVRC Vice President