Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/29/2007, 08:05 PM
Registered Member

tangs?

hey so ive got a powder blue who is actually ok with most other tangs except for othe powders gold rims and clown tangs... hes ggood with my sailfin and im about to move both into a bigger tank i wanted to throw a new one in the mix but im not sure what to get i was thinking a scopas would be ok?

any advice?
Old 12/29/2007, 08:13 PM
Registered Member

Welcome to Reef Central
Old 12/29/2007, 08:31 PM
Registered Member

The sailfin might not get along with the scopas. I read that tangs with similar body shapes tend to NOT get along well. I have a hippo, powder brown, and a scopas. They get along fine most of the time. The hippo and the scopas do not care for each other's presence but they chase the PBT now and then. The hippo is more aggressive towards the PBT than the scopas.
However, you might not want to add any more tang in your tank because it will get too crowded for a couple to tangs. Uh oh, I hear the sirens if the tang police.
Old 12/29/2007, 10:00 PM
Registered Member

Location: Recently moved from Florida Panhandle to Bham AL. Still trying to figure out why?
I love my Tomini Bristletooth tang!! He's very active and great to watch. Also smaller of the Tangs. Different body type. Look into it.

I'm not bad...I'm just drawn that way!
Old 12/29/2007, 10:15 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Whisperer
Uh oh, I hear the sirens if the tang police.
Theyre due here any minute!!
Old 12/29/2007, 10:23 PM
Registered Member

i have heard that about the same shape body thing but i i beleive that if they are added right then you could get away with having some of the same. i have a 210 that has a yellow, scopas, purple, sailfin, palani, and a hippo in there. they all school together and are very cool to watch. i did have a little trouble with the purple as he was the last one added but they are great now. this is just my experiance and there are alot of people that do not recommend what i have but in some cases it will work. again i am not saying it will work for you but.......... this is just my opionion.

mike