Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 08/08/2007, 08:14 PM
Registered Member

beware of oohmiller

on 7-31 i sent him payment for a mag 18. i have asked several times for a tracking number. i have kept all the pm's. i have not received any responses. he has been online. he is selling all kinds of stuff. he told me he is upgrading -- in one selling thread he is getting rid of his stuff....

i have been asking for days for proof of shipping and a tracking number -- this is not too much to ask. i guess i need to take this up with paypal.

i hate to post this ,, but i feel i have no other choice.
Old 08/09/2007, 09:05 PM
Premium Member

I also have had a bad experience buying from oohmiller. I bought a PH monitor from him late last month and I have yet to get a tracking number or better yet- my PH monitor. Apparently he is always "out of town". I definitely would never buy from him again.

I have tried to keep this behind the scenes but at this point I feel I am being jerked around and hopefully my experience will spare others the misfortune of dealing with him.

Eric
Old 08/09/2007, 11:54 PM
Registered Member

Recommend PayPal claim
Old 08/10/2007, 03:27 PM
Registered Member

i am taking the steps to make sure everyone is happy, i have really been busy and have been taking alot of trips out of town for school, etc.....
The ph controller has been shipped and i will pm you the tracking number.
eastonreef i offered you a refund to take care of the pump, and no you wouldnt have to pay any fees if i refunded you.

sorry for the trouble with everyone but i have really been busy and i guess laziness on my part as well.

I am not here to rip anyone off and anyone that has done business with me i will make sure ends up happy.

thank you to all
-Andrew-
Old 08/10/2007, 04:13 PM
Registered Member

where is my tracking number ??? you have been on line --- you said you shipped out my pump how???? ups ,, usps,,

you have my paypal info ----- all you have to do is go into your own paypal acct and reverse the transaction --- but you haven't
i can't deposit your good intentions -- you would not offer me a refund if you shipped me anything like you said you did.

how are you going to make sure i end up happy ????
Old 08/10/2007, 10:39 PM
Registered Member

andrew --- where is the refund ???? you keep saying you offered me a refund --- well where is it?? i am still waiting

no package and no money
Old 08/11/2007, 02:17 PM
Registered Member

eastonreef i sent you a PM regarding refund, i also have hopefully contacted everyone else regarding there items with either by refunding or sending them their tracking numbers.
I want to clear all of this up so no one thinks i am trying to rip people off on here. I believe if i was one of those people i wouldnt even bother contacting or posting at all i would just do what they do and stop communication all together and hide.
RC is a great place and im not one of the people that ruin it with scamming

thanks to everyone, and if anyone else ever has any question for me, i am happy to answer them

thank you
-Andrew-
Old 08/11/2007, 02:30 PM
Registered Member

andrew,
yes you contacted me and you spent my money......
you said you would have to transfer money to your paypal and you are too busy to do it ???? it takes seconds ... so everyone understands here is your pm....

refund
ok heres the deal i am giving you a full refund but i dont have enough in my paypal account right now. I am going to pay you as soon as i get the funds but i have to transfer them from my checking account. Im not jerking you around or anything im just trying to keep you up to date so you dont feel the need to keep posting. I might not have the chance to get back on tomarrow but i will try and keep you informed on the situation.
Once again sorry for the inconvienence but i will definently be staying in touch and refunding you soon.

thanks
-Andrew-

i should not have to wait .... besides where is my tracking number -- you would not have to refund me if you ever sent me the pump. i doubt there ever was a pump. how did you send it ??? you never answered that question at all and i am sure you never will. i am sure the only way i will see my money is through the paypal claim i filed. if you cant cover the refund i hope they freeze all your accounts ...... i will no let this go until i am paid back in full ..........
unfortunately i am not alone in this scam .... you should be ashamed
Old 08/11/2007, 02:44 PM
Registered Member

btw...
paypal is waiting for your response ... why dont you man up and give them your side so they can end this...........
Old 08/12/2007, 07:59 PM
Registered Member

Wow!!! We roll the dice every time we buy from someone we don't know. I hope you recover your losses. SHADY!!!!!!!!!
Old 08/12/2007, 08:36 PM
Registered Member

i am sure i will recover===== i will be pressing charges...

i will not let this rest until i have my money back.... this guy is a con man ---- con boy .......
Old 08/13/2007, 10:46 AM
A.K.A. colinadam

The saga continues.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1176930
Old 08/13/2007, 11:05 AM
Registered Member

Sorry, I had to remove the email contents

The inside of a pump doesnt get damage from shipping and the box and pump looked fine from the outside. Of course im not satisfied it doesnt work and looks like a dog used the magnet shaft as a chew toy the thing wont even spin up. If it was running still when he had it hes lucky. It chewed up the inside of the pump so bad I doubt that a new shaft assembly would fix the pump. I want all my money back like you promised by pm. If you would like to pay for the pump to get shipped back thats fine. If you want pics thats fine. I just dont wanna pay for a PoS that has no chance of doing what its ment to. I have sent this to you via pm a few days ago never got a response. Im tired of this and am sorry I ever bought the stupid pump. Im going to do whatever it takes to get all my money back on this deal as the good faith I put into this we thrown in my face.
6 Line Wrasse
180 Gal Reef Ready in Const.

Last edited by mhurley; 08/13/2007 at 01:42 PM.
Old 08/13/2007, 12:12 PM
Registered Member

wow -- you mean his camera worked for you ---- when i asked for a pic of the mag 18 i was buying he wrote this :
sorry, again removed.

--------
i also was "assured" ----- at least you got something (kidding of course)
he never ever gave me a tracking number or told me how he sent it..... that is because he never sent me anything except his paypal address.....

this is a con ----- we should unite our efforts with the authorities. i would love to see him arrested! i am going to pursue charges -- if anyone is also interested pls send me a pm.

Last edited by mhurley; 08/13/2007 at 01:43 PM.
Old 08/13/2007, 01:21 PM
RC Admin

I'm sure his school would be interested in knowing that he might be using their email system to commit fraud.

"So, Mike was right." - MalHavoc
Old 08/13/2007, 01:40 PM
A.K.A. colinadam

His mugshot would make a cool avatar
Old 08/13/2007, 01:44 PM
RC Admin

Hey guys, as tough as this is, I had to remove emails that you posted.

We really don't allow posting of private conversations, unless the other party consents. Email is private between you two. Tell the story, but leave out posting of the full emails please.

"So, Mike was right." - MalHavoc
Old 08/13/2007, 02:06 PM
Registered Member

no problem mhurley

"Sorry, I had to remove the email contents"

for summery of what was removed there is following below

I asked for pics of the pump before I bought it. was told I couldnt get pics cause it was in use but that if I wasnt 100% happy with the pump I could get full refund. I got the pump and it didnt run sent a email telling him what was going on. Got a reply asking if it was damage due to shipping and maybe a partial refund was in order. I told him shipping box was fine and pump caseing was fine it was preexisting internal damage and i would like my full refund. no response after that.
6 Line Wrasse
Old 08/13/2007, 02:17 PM
Registered Member

i do apologize also. i only did that to prove what i was saying. i will abide by the rules of reef central. you have been more than fair and i thank you for the info about pressing criminal charges.
Old 08/13/2007, 02:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by oohmiller
i am taking the steps to make sure everyone is happy, i have really been busy and have been taking alot of trips out of town for school, etc.....

sorry for the trouble with everyone but i have really been busy and i guess laziness on my part as well.

I am not here to rip anyone off and anyone that has done business with me i will make sure ends up happy.

thank you to all
-Andrew-
was funny is seeing that he still comes on the site a few times a day yet never responds to pm's or posts yet he claims whats quoted above. Just make things right and refund people money for things bought in good faith that where not delivered as promised.

I will take this as far as I need to in order to set things straight. I understand your a student and may be busy but since you still have time to log in the site and check pm's you should have time to make some sort of response to people concerns. If by some luck the pump was still running before you shipped it fine. But the box wasnt damage nor was the pump during shipping all damage was cause its previous operation. I would be happy to send you as many pics as you want to show this. If you want to pay for shipping ill even ship the pump back to you only after I receive a refund (fool me once ect ect). I payed for a Used but "working" pump and nothing short of a refund or a working pump will satisfy me.
6 Line Wrasse
Old 08/13/2007, 02:50 PM
Registered Member

it is not that he is too busy or doesnt know how to refund via paypal. he told me he just doesnt have the money to refund me. he spent my money and sent me nothing -- not even a tracking number.
this is a clear case of fraud.
Old 08/13/2007, 03:12 PM
Registered Member

Well for you I think would be a easy dispute with paypal. No item + no tracking confirmation = a easy reversal with there dispute system. Now if you got your package with tracking and the item was just in 1,000 parts they you got a problem like me.
6 Line Wrasse
Old 08/13/2007, 05:30 PM
Registered Member

PMs sent to both of you
Old 08/13/2007, 05:36 PM
Registered Member

checked no pm received
edit just received.
6 Line Wrasse
Old 08/14/2007, 01:28 AM
Registered Member

Wow...and to think I almost bought something from this guy...good grief!