Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 08/27/2007, 01:00 AM
Registered Member

Want Tubb's Blues

I purchases Tubb's Blues that were Dead and never opened. Looking for a lively bunch of Tubb's.

So dissapointed in this last delivery from this guy who sent me the tubb's. wont even answerr my emails.
Old 08/27/2007, 08:39 AM
Moved In

[moved]

More details?

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 08/27/2007, 03:50 PM
Registered Member

Slamajama sent me what I was told was a 60+ Polyp Frag, instead I received a dead pebble that never opened. I waited a couple of weeks and treated them carefuly in order to not kill them. Instead they died and spread a white crap in my tank.

I sent several messages to Slamajama, the only response I received back was 1) wait a few weeks for them to open..........and when they finally died I received a response of 2) "That sucks"..........

If you look a couple of threads down my buddy tried to help me out by contacting Slamajama since I am new to RC and couldnt not previously post in this specific forum.........Slamajama responds by saying "If I had a problem with him, I would have posted it already"

Well, being physically unable to post in this Forum by RC I was limited to sending PM's and phonecalls that were left unanswered.

All I asked in return was for Slamajama to send me a few frags since he was brekaing down his tank anyways so I don't feel completely screwed. He refuses to respond to me, and when he responds to other members on here.....he lies blatantly telling them I was a satisfied customer.

While this was going on and I was pleading to stop Slamajama from selling again, he did in fact sell a Watermelon Chalice for $100 to another RC member that I found out never opened as well.

I don't know what the deal is with this guy....but I am very upset and recommend no one buy from him.
Old 08/27/2007, 04:17 PM
Registered Member

THIS IS SLAMAJAMA's RESPONSE...................

"I dont see fragman posting here with his concerns, and wats funny u all are buying it...im sorry if in fact he lost his zoos, but i have not recieved a pic of "expensive rubble" or anything...dont be so quick to judge, ive sold all my livestock and to have 1 negative feedback..(for all the wrong reasons) which amazes me.

I cannot be responsible for poor reef keeping. The zoos arrived as far as i know HEALTHY...case closed."

HE HAS MULTIPLE NEGATIVE FEEDBACKS AND IS A BLATANT LIAR. AS FAR AS POOR REEF KEEPING IS CONCERNED, MY TANK IS FLOURISHING WITH 17 OTHER TYPES OF ZOA'S, YOUR ROCK WAS DISEASED AND DEAD.

I BET HE DOES WANT THIS CASE CLOSED, BUT NOW THAT I ACTUALLY HAVE A VOICE ON HERE, THIS IS JUST BEGINNING.......
Old 08/29/2007, 10:23 AM
Registered Member

I'd sure like to see a pic Fragman... which to date you have NOT posted nor sent a pic to the seller, even though it has been requested.
You just keep referring to the rock of Tubs as a 'pebble'..which it was not.
Are we going to hear next that the 'pebble' was thrown out??

Reeftanker 04 hasn't shown up here to make more comments, another surprising thing. He does say in one of these posts that he sold his set up to Fragman07 a 'year ago', yet fragman has only has a set up for 6 months (from June..so we'll call it 8 months..stretching the truth a bit??)according to his profile.
This set up went from Long Island to Florida intact?
"Hobby Experience: 3 years
Current Tanks: 30 gal, 2 inch Sandbed, Penguin Biowheel 350, Aqua C Remora HOT Skimmer, Coralife 2x65 Power Compact w/ LED Lunar, 45 lbs fiji, 2 tank raised percs, mushrooms, green star polyps, assorted zoas, candy cane coral."

I'm beginning to wonder if you're both the same person...

Also wondering just how high your nitrates are with that Biowheel filter on there. Maybe YOUR zoas are used to them especially since ..Reeftanker had the same set up..., but I sincerely doubt that zoas that came from a HEALTHY tank would be happy about being moved into an environment like that.
Perhaps you should both read the Zoa forum on here about how they will melt & die when put into an unhealthy tank...

oh..and the lighting..they came from 250W MH..they probably don't appreciate the PC lighting you have.
The seller requested you be patient with them...

I could sit here and easily name 50+ people that have purchased frags from Slama over the years that he had his tank and the ONLY guy that was unhappy was someone who didn't get a frag when someone bought it before he posted for it. He has something like 104 POSITIVE feedbacks on the Manhattan Reef forum, you think all those folks are wrong?
Old 08/30/2007, 11:10 AM
Premium Member

Hey Kathy maybe we're neighbors!!! We should meet up for drinks sometime.
Old 09/07/2007, 06:17 PM
Registered Member

Kathy,

Are you Slamajama's mother or his female alter ego???

HE RIPPED ME OFF, get it through your heads. If he was ANY type of decent human he would give at least a partial refund for this BS.

Anyone who doesnt stand by their stock and runs with the money is NOT a man, which leads me to believe he is you or at least much more effeminate than you think.
Old 09/07/2007, 06:28 PM
Premium Member

Anyone who responds with, "wait a few weeks for them to open..." OMG, it's obvious that he is giving you a snow-job. What a bummer when people behave that way.
Old 09/07/2007, 11:38 PM
Registered Member

POST EDITED

I agree 100%. He waited for them to die by telling me to wait. I sent this guy 7 emails over 10 days begging him for some help or advice. All he did was take my money.

Unbelievable.

Last edited by smiller; 09/08/2007 at 09:21 AM.
Old 09/08/2007, 09:22 AM
Garbologist

FragMan07,

You need to watch what you say. I don't want to have to edit any more of your posts.

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."
Old 09/08/2007, 11:10 AM
Premium Member

I recently had a bad experience with a vendor having a going out of business sale. My friend and I both spent a few hundred dollars on corals with him. 75% of all of our corals were DOA or died within 24 hours.

The lessons we learned were 1) EVERYbody gets burned on a coral purchase sooner or later, and 2) Buy only from vendors that have a good "arrive alive" guarantee (like Liveaquaria.com, for example)
Old 09/08/2007, 03:56 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Canarygirl
I recently had a bad experience with a vendor having a going out of business sale. My friend and I both spent a few hundred dollars on corals with him. 75% of all of our corals were DOA or died within 24 hours.

The lessons we learned were 1) EVERYbody gets burned on a coral purchase sooner or later, and 2) Buy only from vendors that have a good "arrive alive" guarantee (like Liveaquaria.com, for example)
And NEVER buy from someone who is going out of business or leaving the hobby.
Old 09/08/2007, 04:20 PM
Premium Member

Yeah, it seems intuitively obvious in retrospect. But this person was recommended by a member of our local reef club so I went for it. Live and learn!

what adds insult to injury is when such vendor has Christianity messages on their website, how to become born again and such like.

NOT that I'm trying to spark a religious debate!
Old 09/08/2007, 04:55 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Yeah, it seems intuitively obvious in retrospect. But this person was recommended by a member of our local reef club so I went for it. Live and learn!

what adds insult to injury is when such vendor has Christianity messages on their website, how to become born again and such like.

NOT that I'm trying to spark a religious debate!
Here's the thing. Sometimes stuff dies, whether it's b/c of the stress of the journey, the packing, the acclimation process, whatever. The right thing to do is try to make it right. You don't need to refund the buyers $$$, but you can send a few frags just to be cool. I'm not talking about this particular instance, I'm talking in general.

However not everyone in the world does the right thing, some people just suck.
Old 09/08/2007, 05:40 PM
Premium Member

agreed.

Thank goodness there's a lot more good people than bad.
Old 09/08/2007, 06:04 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
agreed.

Thank goodness there's a lot more good people than bad.

Old 09/10/2007, 12:05 PM
Registered Member

Amen Reeftanker.
Old 09/14/2007, 01:19 AM
Registered Member

How much did the frag of 60+ blue tubs cost?
Oh and sorry to hear about your loss.
I also have had some tub blues that have died and feel your pain.
Also do you happen to have any pics?
Thanks