Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 11/13/2006, 12:15 AM
Registered Member

xbenx92713 is selling broken items

Bought a 1" sea swirl from xbenx92713 and after wondering if I was going to get it finally got it minus the mounting bracket!!kind upset about that.... pluged it in and it rotated one direction then started clicking when it tried to go back the other way!!! Let xbenx92713 know this and he said thats impossible in the mean time E-Mailed sea swirl with the problem they got back to me within less then a day and said it was a damaged gear nothing that shipping could have done.
Let xbenx92713 know and asked what he would do about it PM'ed him so I know he got it tracking and all...........also said I would give him till Saturday to respond or I would post here on RC. Well its Sunday night (after a great Bears game lol)
Have not heard a thing back from him!!!!!!!!!
xbenx92713 if you read this you know all is true so no excuses this time (I have read other posts with lots of excuses)
Everyone else dont buy from this seller
RC with as many bad feedbacks I think you should step in.
rockdiver
Old 11/13/2006, 06:58 AM
Premium Member

I was going to buy a top off from him but bailed out after reading his negative feedback. For the next 2 days he PM'ed me and asked me to call him several times almost begging me to purchase the item and saying he had corrected all the past problems.

Mod's can we get him "Moved on" or at least stop him from selling as this has happened at least 5 times.
Old 11/14/2006, 01:25 AM
Premium Member

Re: xbenx92713 is selling broken items

Quote:
Originally posted by rockdiver

RC with as many bad feedbacks I think you should step in.
rockdiver
Why you buy thing from him if you know he has bad feed backs ?????
Old 11/14/2006, 07:34 AM
Registered Member

He is a member at Michiganreefers.com and is on there quite often under the same name,he is local around here in michigan, but has not been selling anythign lately, so my guess is because of it not in good shape or why wouldnt he sell it local
Old 11/14/2006, 09:54 AM
Free Thinker

This guy has got to win an award for ticking off the most RC buyers. Every week im on here there is something else negative
about him.

"Free thinkers are dangerous!"
Serj Tankian
Old 11/14/2006, 04:57 PM
Registered Member

Dont know why i bought from him...........even after this post still no contact with him .....what a loser....should be banned
Old 11/14/2006, 06:01 PM
Registered Member

That sucks man, I had a problem with a guy (windgod) and he gave me nothing but trouble. Ended up talking to another guy that he screwed. Some lame people on this place, just watch out. Oh and if you need a replacement motor for that sea swirl heres the oem motor they use: Autotrol 1 rpm -Model 150-1308 (Sea-Swirl Oem Motor) hope that helps
Old 11/15/2006, 07:04 AM
Registered Member

Thanks
Old 11/15/2006, 09:49 PM
Registered Member

I just got screwed too over this guy on a damn $35 Seio pump! DO NOT BUY anything from this guy. I allowed him to fix the problem...TWICE! I've been very patient and STILL get screwed. If I got sent a broken pump/missing pieces, how do I get my money back from paypal? Thanks!

Richard
Old 11/16/2006, 05:30 AM
Garbologist

I had a discussion with him and asked him to address the problems here. I can't say if that will or won't be done, but he is aware of this thread. He has been told to refrain from selling on RC in the future. If anyone sees him attempt to sell or trade anything please let me know or report the post.

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."
Old 11/16/2006, 04:24 PM
Garbologist

BTW.....this is not normal proceedure on Reef Central. We aren't eBay and don't want to get between buyer and seller. For the most part it is up to buyers to research Feedback forums before they make a purchase. It is up to you to work through a bad deal. This was an exception due to the large amount of complaints in a short period of time.

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."
Old 11/16/2006, 05:24 PM
Indiana Jones Of SPS

Quote:
Originally posted by smiller
BTW.....this is not normal proceedure on Reef Central. We aren't eBay and don't want to get between buyer and seller. For the most part it is up to buyers to research Feedback forums before they make a purchase. It is up to you to work through a bad deal. This was an exception due to the large amount of complaints in a short period of time.

AAAAA++++++ Thats great to see Mods helping.

DVRC Vice President
Old 11/19/2006, 03:34 AM
Registered Member

I am trying to get ahold of this seller to fix some issues. Did the mods turn off his ability to accept pms or did he turn it off himself? How can I contact him? Thanks!
Old 11/19/2006, 10:30 AM
Premium Member

For those of you who used PayPal, they do have a dispute process...in a nut shell, if you have a problem with a seller and you have tried to address it...you can start a dispute with PayPal...they will eventually (within 30 days I think) take the money back from the person you bought from and that person can't stop them...you get your money back easier this way than continually trying to beat your head against a brick wall trying to get this guy to do it...

HTH...

Current Livestock -

Yellow Tang // ORA Clown
Flame Angel // Sailfin Blenny
Pair Cleaner Shrimp // Sexy Anemone Shrimp
T Maxima Clam // Sebae Anemone
Old 11/19/2006, 12:33 PM
Garbologist

xbenx927@charter.net

Old 11/22/2006, 05:36 PM
Registered Member

What can I do if he sent me a pump and a part is broken/I can't use this pump? Can I somehow get my money back?
Old 12/01/2006, 10:16 AM
Registered Member

its not that easy getting money back through paypal
Ive tried
nitrate 5 ppm
calcium 425
Alkalinity 9.5 DKH
ammonia 0
Magnesium 1250ppm
Old 12/01/2006, 10:17 AM
Registered Member

hte only way they can hold money from the seller is if they have funds in there paypal account

they cant just take money fom another personl account
nitrate 5 ppm
calcium 425
Alkalinity 9.5 DKH
ammonia 0
Magnesium 1250ppm
Old 12/01/2006, 11:22 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by J_Geisinger000
hte only way they can hold money from the seller is if they have funds in there paypal account

they cant just take money fom another personl account
Actually they can...for money deposited in to someone elses account electronically, federal banking law allows the depositing institution (PayPal in this case) to retrieve the funds electronically when the error is caught...even if this causes the other person's account to go negative they have the right to do it legally...if a dispute is filed through PayPal and the buyers wins, seller doesn't dispute, or whatever, this is considered under the same law...so, PayPal can at any time take money from you that they sent to you if they have can justify their reason...you just have to jump through all of the hoops to get it back...I know this because I worked in the finance industry for over 5 years at the supervisory level...

Hope that helps...I'm going through something similar right now, but I didn't use PayPal and paid cash...I got the item and realize it had problems...wish I would have used PayPal for the dispute process...let that be a lesson to all...

Current Livestock -

Yellow Tang // ORA Clown
Flame Angel // Sailfin Blenny
Pair Cleaner Shrimp // Sexy Anemone Shrimp
T Maxima Clam // Sebae Anemone
Old 12/01/2006, 11:36 PM
Registered Member

I tried to get my money back from paypal and this is what they sent me:
Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User
Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It
does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods
received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a
refund.
[profanity]
rockdiver

Last edited by smiller; 12/03/2006 at 06:27 AM.
Old 12/01/2006, 11:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rockdiver
I tried to get my money back from paypal and this is what they sent me:
Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User
Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It
does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods
received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a
refund.
[profanity]
rockdiver

Last edited by smiller; 12/03/2006 at 06:27 AM.
Old 12/02/2006, 09:32 PM
Registered Member

Well I dont know either BUT I do know thats twice now here on RC so maybe no more buying from these guys but the first time was before they had this forum