Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05/09/2006, 01:02 PM
Registered Member

roesmarineworld.com, My Experience - Beware

Just thought I'd share my experience with roesmarineworld. My wife ordered a half and half ricordia/zoo pack for my birthday. They let us do 5 of each for $99.

In their ad, it says you will recieve no brown zoos. When I received the pack, 3/5 of my zoos were brown. In fact, 2 of the brown frags were the same frag. I thought maybe this was an honest mistake so I tried to cooperate and work with them either for a partial refund, return or replacement. They were very rude and told me its my lights without even asking me the lights I run. They said it must be that I don't have actinics. I have a 4 month old NC with stock 50/50 lighting. Their best offer was to add a couple frags into my next order. I said that would not suffice, as I would not be comfortable placing another order. They were never polite in one email I sent them. They told me my zoos were "tan centers" and not browns. Fact is, the skirt and most of the zoo is brown and the center is tan.....a shade of brown.

On a good note, I was ok with the rics. They were nothing great, but I was satisfied. They also sent me a pink zoo frag I was pleased with.

Just thought everybody should know about my experience. I found them very misleading and uncooperative.
Old 05/09/2006, 04:02 PM
Nightime Tank Cleanin'

The elusive 'Super Electric Tan (not brown) Zoa' . Just kidding, sorry about your order.
Old 05/09/2006, 04:43 PM
Registered Member

Yup, seems like anybody can name a zoo. Tan is tan, brown is brown..............
Old 05/09/2006, 07:17 PM
Moved On

About a year ago I to ordered zoos from them. I got browns also but with them flatworms.
So never went back
Old 05/10/2006, 09:53 PM
Registered Member

You must be the 20th person or so I have talked to that went for a deal there and got flatworms or aiptasia

I have heard they love their shades of brown too ... just hearing from others has kept me away... Thought I would blab my mouth while waiting on multiple shipments from others to share what I have heard
Old 05/14/2006, 12:00 PM
Registered Member

HI Everyone.
This is Tyrone from Roe's Marine World.
I will not respond to gouldaz, since we have already talked.

In response to finding nemo. Unfortunately, wholesalers do not always take care of flatworms on the corals we buy, we try to catch them before they become a problem, but sometimes they sneak up on us. As for browns, we didn't have the zo pack back then. All our corals are what you see is what you get. I can give you tons of our zo customers that will verify that we do not advertise a blue zo rock and send you a brown zo rock.

In response to titan04.. seems like most of your data is from what you have heard. Most of my customers will probably say to keep listening to what you hear, so when they come to r.m.w and see the zoanthid they want, you would not have already bought it.
Old 05/14/2006, 02:32 PM
Registered Member

Wow Gouldaz, You are right. They are very RUDE!!
Old 05/14/2006, 03:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ilovecorals
HI Everyone.
This is Tyrone from Roe's Marine World.
I will not respond to gouldaz, since we have already talked.

In response to finding nemo. Unfortunately, wholesalers do not always take care of flatworms on the corals we buy, we try to catch them before they become a problem, but sometimes they sneak up on us. As for browns, we didn't have the zo pack back then. All our corals are what you see is what you get. I can give you tons of our zo customers that will verify that we do not advertise a blue zo rock and send you a brown zo rock.

In response to titan04.. seems like most of your data is from what you have heard. Most of my customers will probably say to keep listening to what you hear, so when they come to r.m.w and see the zoanthid they want, you would not have already bought it.
Like I said it is what I have heard from more than just people on RC. Again as I said before it is all hearsay... but your attitude towards it all is enough to encourage more so bravo to you Tyrone!
Old 05/14/2006, 03:51 PM
Registered Member

check this out...
I think the problem is is that everyone here is so custom to vendors "kissing up" on this forum.
For example.
Someone starts a thread, explains their side and dogs a company.. The company doesn't budge on their policy.
Then they threaten to leave feedback on here and do..
All of a sudden the vendor is FLYING to r.c to make kiss up, even if it was not their fault or against their policies.
The customer is not always right, but here they always are or they will post.
I remember when a blue mushroom rock would go for $45 on Ebay, now it won't sell for $15. But our prices from the wholesalers still rise.
One day you will only be left with lfs charging what they want, like it use to be...

No vendor on here will speak their mind for afraid that their business will suffer.
Only in the coral industry.
So many people won't even go to r.c anymore cause it's not like it use to be.
You can judge me however you want to, I don't mind cause it's your choice. I judge people I don't know wrongly all the time also, it's human.
My passion is to bring people great corals for a good price. Period.
So to all that have bought from us, thanks for your business.
tyrone
Old 05/14/2006, 05:07 PM
Registered Member

Well there you go! Right from the horse's mouth. Screw RC and thier member's. Tyrone don't need or want our bussiness. And that't OK because we don't need to deal with rude vender's, that lie and rip you off.
Old 05/14/2006, 11:52 PM
SPS Captial of PA

I have purchased from R.M.W. when I first started out a few years ago. I liked Tyrone and the corals he sent me. I have since seen that his corals have become smaller and it looks as though he breaks up really nice colonies of corals on his site. Just look for the frags of "SUPERMAN DANAE" or some other "RARE" coral and you will see. I used to be in business like Tyrone, but have since quit but not due to a lack of business or because wholesalers raise prices. In fact, I have kept up on wholesale prices just to see how the industry has changed. I don't like hearing the same things from LFS, online suppliers, and website sellers like Tyrone from Roes Marine World like "Prices from wholesalers keep rising" Don't let this fool you people on RC. The only thing that has gone up in the last few years is GAS prices!!!!!!!!!!!! It is a scam just like any other that the industry has given us to bite on. I don't mean to offend you Tyrone, but if your prices keep rising, then you are paying to much and need to find a better dealer! Regardless of which it is, you are paying to much or are charging to much for what I have seen on your site, thus me not ordering!

thanks,

Rick

Rick

Absorbing information through OSMOSIS.

President of NCPARS
Old 05/14/2006, 11:58 PM
SPS Captial of PA

Oh wait, and if I remember correctly, Tyrone, didn't you tell me you didn't order from wholesalers you imported directly? And if that is the case, then yes you are charging way too much! And in fact your previous statement is inaccurate about the cost. Exporters from other countries haven't raised the price of corals or fish in let me guess at this because i haven't noticed a change in price for at least 8 years. I just better quit here because I will open a huge can of worms I don't want to be involved in.

thanks,

Rick

Rick

Absorbing information through OSMOSIS.

President of NCPARS
Old 05/15/2006, 09:52 AM
Registered Member

hey ricky. Some things we do get imported in. But not everything since it's a 48 hour trip to get it here since charlotte does not have a customs and everything has to go through either miami or la. That limits what we can get imported.
And your wrong about prices not going up. Not on corals that don't sell good prices stay the same.
Ricordea has doubled the price it was when we first started buying it 4 years ago.
I can pull a stock sheet from 5 years ago from any wholesaler
and look at one from the same place now, everthing will be higher.
You are right, alot of stuff we do get out our dremel and frag.
Our price for a superman danae frag is $25. Most would rather have a small frag to watch grow, not a whole $$ colony.

CB1: If what i said seems rude, i agologize.
Here my point: You are only concerned with r.c members.
If 10 people have a problem with a order. Out of those 10, 4 will threaten to go to a reef board, only probably 2 of them will.
If you look at most posts, nothing ever gets done till someone posts on here. So 8 of those 10 guys will get nothing. Thats the big picture, you praise a vendor if they make it right on here. But many dont know about r.c or other reef forums.
If a company from the beginning of a problem looks to find a way to resolve it, that's what deserves praise, not a " kiss up" cause your on T.V
Old 05/15/2006, 06:37 PM
Registered Member

Tyrone,
The only person who talked about kissing up was you. I do not beleave any one on RC is looking for a kiss up. All we and any consumer wants, is a company that will work with you to resolve the problem. Like you just said. Which is what you did not do. Then you threw a rant when someone complained about it.
Old 05/21/2006, 05:33 PM
my member is registered.

i think talking to customers and consumers in that way is very unprofessional, Just because a company or business apologizes or corrects a problem doesnt mean they are " kissing up ", they are simply doing there job and being what they are, a " business ". And obviously people have experienced problems with ur business not only here on RC but outside as well. I think instead of having a tough *** attitude maybe u should better treat your customers and find ways to help them.
Old 05/22/2006, 03:23 PM
Moved On

I work full time and run a small business on the side and this kind of attitude is anethema to any business. The customer isn't always right, that's true, but it's best to shut them up quick. One upset customer will quickly tell others and then you're really in a mess. Arguing with past and potential customers on a message board is definately not the way to do things.
Old 05/22/2006, 04:01 PM
Moved On

Wav, your right, the customers are not always right thats for sure. But there needs to be a middle ground for both the customer and Retailer to come together to make things right.
In my case nothing was done except to be told oh well.
Needless to say I did'nt go back and won't in the future.
All it takes is a thread such as this and word of mouth and a business can close up fast from lack of customers.
Old 05/22/2006, 08:04 PM
Rubberman

RC may drive many reef related businesses but not all of them by a long shot. We know our LFS knows RC is here but yet the number of those stores posting are few and far between for a reason and it's not the UA.

Tyrone, I think the kiss-up was just a poor choice of words. Maybe the buyer in this case has a valid case but most posting here are doing it in retaliation and the happy ending only comes when the vendor gives away the farm to solve the problem. If that same customer called to order again after I gave away the product to "make good" I'd refuse the order.

gouldaz... I use light to grow corals and not to please my color fancy but I do have one 72" x 12" x 12" raceway tank with 3 VHO running two actinics. Everything except reds look much better in that tank than any of the other 7 combinations I have. True actinics like URI can't be matched with PC or high kelvin MH.

SteveU
Old 05/23/2006, 12:45 AM
Registered Member

I ordered just last week. For what I paid I'm satisfied...I got what was posted on the ads on their website!
Old 07/15/2006, 10:56 AM
Registered Member

I tell ya what, speaking from a part time aquacultered seller's point of view. thier prices are worth putting up with a little guff as long as you get what you paid for.

I just visited thier site and they have some pretty dang good prices that are hard to beat.