Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02/28/2006, 01:29 AM
Registered Member

The red sea shippment will arrive tomorrow, I'm going to buy two 4"Golden Butterfly, one 4" Purple Tang and one Golden Ragal Angel.
Old 02/28/2006, 01:45 AM
Registered Member

Still not sure if i believe this tank, if someone really really wanted to, you could place all of these fish in a tank for a short time..

But on the tother hand this totally blows the 1" per 5 gal out of the water, which would allow you 48" of fish with a 240 gal tank.. I added up all the fish, please dont chk math as its very late--approx-- 352.5" of fish in a 240 gal or 7.3" of fish per 5 gal.
Old 02/28/2006, 08:36 AM
Sorry, I'm not Jeremy

Quote:
Originally posted by XeniaMania
I'm glad to accept the multitude of opinions and criticisms. In fact, I spend alot of time managing these fish, sometimes performing a water change every 3-5 hours. I observe their conditions daily, remove the dead, or to see if any are injured or ill. I do not enjoy all the work, but I persist diligently to ensure the longevity of these fish. 70% of my initial stock still lives today(whoa sounds like cycling there IMO) Started tank on Jan 2005. I like it when they all swim up to the surface during feeding time, the scene is quite magnificent and makes me feel satisfied.
w00t I speak chinglish...LOL.

Thankyou!!
Old 02/28/2006, 09:40 AM
Registered Member

POST REMOVED

[flamealert]

Last edited by smiller; 02/28/2006 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02/28/2006, 11:55 AM
XenMaster

ohhh...looks like I missed a juicy post, darn it..
Rio1700 w/ SWCD return
2 Rio600 w/ HydorFl0 attachments.
Powered by Seachem;Verified by Salifert
Old 02/28/2006, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XeniaMania
ohhh...looks like I missed a juicy post, darn it..
Me too, darn it. I miss 95.43% of the juicy posts.
(+/- .05%)

So long, & thanks for all the fish!

Last edited by Angel*Fish; 02/28/2006 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03/01/2006, 10:17 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Seafood Tank
The red sea shippment will arrive tomorrow, I'm going to buy two 4"Golden Butterfly, one 4" Purple Tang and one Golden Ragal Angel.
I dont want to be rude, but do you believe in that reincarnation? Well think about if you would like to get reborne in your own tank!

I truely feel sorry for the fish you keep as your way of keeping fish is not even close to responsible fish keeping.

No hard feelings, but wanted to express my thoughts

Peter
Old 03/01/2006, 02:18 PM
Registered Member

I don't care so much about the numbers, but how do you get a regal and multibar to eat in a tank like that? People struggle with these fish in reefs where they can pick at rock for months and months and sometimes never eat.

There are 10-20 fish on that list that are picky eaters. Are they long lived, or just rent-a-fish until they starve to death?
Old 03/01/2006, 02:27 PM
Registered Member

threads like this make me not enjoy this hobby.
Old 03/01/2006, 05:04 PM
Registered Member

WOW I actually spend time and read every posts on this thread ..

Seafood: I do feel sorry for your fish. They are so pretty and shouldn't be punished like that. Oh well, I'm sure they don't want to be a fish in their next life, which is not very far away.
Old 03/01/2006, 05:11 PM
Registered Member

One thing we could all learn from Seafood Tank... he is taking a beating and has not gotten into a flame war and has not shot back at anybody. He is taking the differences in opinion like an adult. As far as that goes, I can appreciate it...
Old 03/01/2006, 05:20 PM
Tailspot Blenny

Quote:
Originally posted by jda
One thing we could all learn from Seafood Tank... he is taking a beating and has not gotten into a flame war and has not shot back at anybody. He is taking the differences in opinion like an adult. As far as that goes, I can appreciate it...
I agree with you. I'm surprised.
Old 03/01/2006, 05:22 PM
Premium Member

This guy is from a different world than you and I, and thoughts are clearly different on how to keep fish. This is the norm in HK and likes. I am sure if you go to the HK forums and can read that language, they are probably saying man these Americans spend 10 grand on their tanks and I don't see any fish??

Its a different culture and a different philosophy all together. Some posters in here are all like... ooo your hurting your fishes feelings....blaaaa blaaa this guy might be like mmm that parrot fish looks good for dinner tonight..I think ill net him and fry him..
just m2c
Old 03/01/2006, 05:25 PM
XenMaster

Sometimes when English is your 2nd language, you don't fully comprehend the full effect of what you read. I speak 3 languages, English being my primary. When someone says F-you to me, I'll feel it, but if I get cussed out in the other languages I speak, I'll know what's going on, but it doesn't have the emotional affect. He may not even comprehend the slang term of "flaming'.
Rio1700 w/ SWCD return
2 Rio600 w/ HydorFl0 attachments.