Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/09/2007, 09:53 AM
King of the Apes

Quote:
Originally posted by Gary Majchrzak
I snapped this pic last night

Gary.. stop taking pics of the ocean.. man you cheater!

Old 07/09/2007, 10:00 AM
Team RC Member

I must be honest - that shot of Gary's tank is amazing. It looks like its taken from a 1000gal plus tank - like a public aquarium or something!

Matt
Old 07/09/2007, 11:03 AM
Registered Member

so which one of you angel finatics are going to buy that african angel in liveaquaria's diver's den? its ONLY $2000... lol
Old 07/09/2007, 01:09 PM
Happy Scrappy Hero Pup

Quote:
so which one of you angel finatics are going to buy that african angel in liveaquaria's diver's den? its ONLY $2000... lol
If I had 2 grand to spend on a fish it sure wouldn't be an africanus, I think they are kind of fugly myself. I could understand somebody spending a lot of coin on a conspic but not one of those. If I had the money I'd also spend it on a harem of some of the more exotic angels like the banded, meredithi, clipperton, or the like but that is an awful lot of money to spend on one unattractive fish.

Heres a few pics I snapped yesterday of the boys, best pics yet of my BF. Funny thing is he usually comes right up to me but when the camera comes out he freaks.

Flagfin;

Blueface;

BTW- Gary, those are some amazing pics, beautiful!
Old 07/09/2007, 01:15 PM
Anti "So called Expert"

Quote:
Originally posted by tcmfish
They ahd a 5" Conspic. Angel for $1750 on their site last week but it was gone within a couple of days.
Old 07/09/2007, 09:31 PM
Registered Member

Being this is and Angle fish posted here.Looking for a little advice here on these 2 Angels.Was wondering about the Majestic angel,and the Golden Flake.I have a 240 mainly a SPS tank.And a 75 LPS tank.I know with any fish there are no guarentees with any fish.The site kinda of mentioned about the Golden Flake,that he shouldn't be housed with any other angel fish?But as I see ALL these sweet pics,there is numerous Angels living together here.Would it matter at all if one was added first before the other?I like to put both in my 240,just because of more volume of water.Just trying to find out as much as I can,on this combo here.Before doing anything at all.But lI do know it's seems the Angels are a hit and miss,as for corals go.Are there problems with these 2 fish in the same tank?(All out war).As lonf as you have the tank size?But anyway guys let's back at those pic's/Sure all of these photo's are really sweet.So if anyone wants,to give me a little input here would be great.
Old 07/09/2007, 09:47 PM
Registered Member

I've both Majestic and Goldflake for about a year now and they get along without any problem (see pictures on the first page of this thread). The only chasing (when they get face to face but they don't go out of their way) going on in the tank is the Majestic/Juv Blueface and Goldflake/Flagfin but they will be moving to a bigger tank in September.
Old 07/09/2007, 11:51 PM
Happy Scrappy Hero Pup

I had my flagfin first and wanted to add another angel to my 180. I really wanted a majestic or a blueface and was looking for a nice fish. I found a very nice majestic that was about an inch smaller than the flagfin and I thought they would get along fine. I couldn't have been more wrong as the flagfin went on a rampage as soon as the majestic went into the tank. I have never seen a fish deliver such a beating in my life and for the next hour I tried to get one of them out before there was a fatality. I finally was able to scoop out the majestic and he was just shredded. I put him into the sump and called a friend who took him and he fully recovered after some time.

I didn't know if I would ever be able to add another angel but I finally came across a beautiful blueface who was considerably larger than the flagfin so I gave it a try. Upon release the flagfin came charging up to the blueface but took one look at the size of this bad boy and promptly tucked tail and ran. The BF quickly let the flagfin know who was boss and they have settled into an uneasy truce with the BF giving the flagfin a grunt and a nip every once in a while.

One of the keys to mixing angels is have a lots of hiding places and shelters. Another trick is to add the smaller fish first and introduce the larger fish last, this worked well for me.
Old 07/10/2007, 02:58 AM
Team RC Member

Kahuna's advice is good. To re-iterate / elaborate / add my $0.02 I would add that I think the key is to get the more aggressive angel first but small, then the less aggressive angel but ensuring he is quite alot bigger is a good recipe for "sucess". This obviously does not apply to all (for example Passer angels) but generally the smaller more aggressive angel is not going to take on a fish that is much bigger than it, and the bigger fish not being as aggressive is not going to bully the smaller 'pre-established' fish so long as no challenge is put up against its dominance.

Having tried it twice however, and having been "successful" on both occasions in so far as they did not actually "fight", I still prefer to see one angel per tank in my systems - to me their beauty lies in their almost arrogant confidence - and when one is constantly being kept in check then it takes the "shine" off them......... but that is just my opinion.

Matt
Old 07/10/2007, 05:28 PM
Registered Member

i think sometimes you need to let them settle there differences. this is obviously dependant on how bad they fight but id say a lot of fish will scrap in the first 24hours. if they are not killing each over then just turn the light out and let them sort it over night there is always going to the some aggression between to angles. if they fight for a week non stop then it clear they are never going to sort it out so you will then have to take one out! i no that when i added my majestic my emperor was not happy but go over it very quickly! they had a little scrap light went off and then they just had the odd face off for a week or 2 after but then they were fine. the worst aggression iv seen is when i add my emperor and i had a yellow tang the tang went crazy its also gone crazy at 2 bi coulor angles. god dame tangs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07/12/2007, 07:43 AM
Premium Member

Bad picture, this guy won't stay still, but I just had to share my little 1 1/2" goldflake juvi. Had him for 4 weeks now and is almost ready to come out of QT. Took a lot ot TLC and many many variety feedings to get him going. Now he eats brine, cyclpoeeze, flake and spectrum. He'll also eat ground up pieces of mysis. One interesting thing about this guy is that he ONLY eats food floating in the water. Once it settles down on the bottom he won't touch it and he's never picked at rocks or substrate.