Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 07/19/2006, 03:08 PM
Registered Member.

--- BEWARE BUYER --- Dale Wiley - Anthony Brandon

This person has given me nothing but hard times, has not sympathize for the sellers surroundings, here are some outlines.

I posted a Clown Trigger that was about 3" maybe less, so I posted it as 3-4" because I am not sure of its size, I didnt bother sticking a ruler in side to measure it, because its so dang fast!.

Dale Wiley - power10@pacbell.net
Anthony Brandon - mypieceofthec@yahoo.com

I sold a clown trigger 3-4" which fell under 3"

He pays me $60 Shipped for it, to FedEx Overnight Early AM

I spent $45 Shipping it, packing supplies, heat packs, driving to the drop off, and dealt with the paypal fees.

So all I made was a few bucks, I just wanted to fish to have a good home to go to.

He tells me, " I cant receive it on Tues or Weds, can you make it arrive on Thursday? "

I said fine, I ll take care of it. So I told him, I will send it out on Weds , you will get it on thursday. I tell him , I cant send it out this weds, because of my schedule, even so I tried to, but then I told him, I ll have it arrive on Friday, and he got really upset.

After going through all that trouble, where I told him, I dont want to hold a fish, that you paid for, and it dies in my custody.
I will not be held accountable.

So when I finally shipped it out, when it arrived, he said it was too small, and has no use for it.

I offered him a minor discount, and pay him $20 and he can keep it.

That money, on top of shipping which I paid, I made nothing, and now a hole in my pocket.

He sends me threat emails telling me, " We will have a problem "

So I told him, you send the fish back to me, and I will refund your payment for what you paid the fish, and he says " no I dont want to pay anything, you were dishonest, you refund me in full.

Next, I told him to come down here, meet me, shake my and and we can take care of this in an adult manner, each email he sends to me are threats. I can post them here, but I am sure he would speak otherwise.

Goin through so much trouble, I just told him, you know what, I will give you back your $60 and just get the fish back here alive, otherwise, I will not refund.

So I basically lost more than I spent on the fish, being a good samaritin doesnt seem to help, I believe in Karma, and see that bad people should be punished.

I tried everything within my powers to fulfill his request, but it just boils my blood each time he rants, and threatens me.

I wanted to make up for what I did, dishonest or not, I wanted to compromise, apparently, he lets his ego take control of his mind.

With all that in mind

Avoid all Sales with this person, if you dont want to go through what I did, just wanted to give a heads up.

To all of those who purchased from me, or havent purchased from me, I hope we dont run into problems like these, I am a really great person, once you get to know me. Treat me how you wanted to be treated, its all I ask.

I also blocked his emails because he kept threatening me, how he has my home address, and work address, I didnt really care, but for his sake, I didnt want any trouble. He uses that second email to "pretend" that he has 3500 to spend on fish, so I gave him the run down of what I have, and my friend has.

I am sure you wouldnt want to deal with a buyer that treats you disrespectfully.

Thanks for looking, even though I was or was not at fault, I tried to correct my ways, apparently, it wasnt accepted
Old 07/19/2006, 11:54 PM
Registered Member.

SOME OF POST REMOVED

Posting PMs (PRIVATE messages) or private emails is not allowed on RC.

-----------------

--- Like I said, I wanted to work something out for him, and apparently, he refuses You be the judge, I did my best, and heres how he treats me.

I put a lot of effort into packing up the fish, and delivering it on time, not once did I hear a " Thank You " or " Wow, great packing job! "

He wants 35-40 out of the 60 he paid, that will then leave me in the hole by a drastic amount, when I spent almost that much to ship it to him. I kept telling him, but he doesnt listen.
I told him I will refund $15 which is for half of the fish, that was not the correct size as I described. And that only means, he spent $45 Shipped for that fish, when I wanted 55-60. Either way, he still gets a great deal, and I told him, if he wanted a full refund, he needs to send that fish back to me, or meet up with me down here and I will see to it. He refuses.

For the records, hes Black, and I am Asian

Last edited by smiller; 07/20/2006 at 05:52 AM.
Old 07/19/2006, 11:56 PM
Registered Member.

In every single email, he threatens me, and swears at me, non stop profanity, Not once did I Swear, or treat him with disrespect, I was taught this way, not his way.
Old 07/20/2006, 12:07 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by only4fudge
For the records, hes Black, and I am Asian
Sorry to hear about this mess. Unfortunately everyone in this beautiful hobby doesn't always behave beautifully. But what bearing does the above comment have on things? Might as well have said "For the record, he's purple and I'm pink." I think it's irrelevant. Good and bad comes in all colors. Clearly you tried your best to make things right. Too bad the other party wasn't willing to be as agreeable.
Old 07/20/2006, 08:41 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by chip721
Sorry to hear about this mess. Unfortunately everyone in this beautiful hobby doesn't always behave beautifully. But what bearing does the above comment have on things? Might as well have said "For the record, he's purple and I'm pink." I think it's irrelevant. Good and bad comes in all colors. Clearly you tried your best to make things right. Too bad the other party wasn't willing to be as agreeable.
Couldn't have said it any better!
Old 07/20/2006, 02:48 PM
Registered Member.

I just wanted to warn others, in the event that this person encounters another innocent seller, and is wrongfully accused.

Keep a look out!

Take care!
Old 07/20/2006, 03:05 PM
RC Admin

We banned Dale from RC long ago but he keeps sneaking back in. Sorry for your troubles.

"So, Mike was right." - MalHavoc
Old 07/20/2006, 09:54 PM
Registered Member

Block his IP.
Old 07/20/2006, 09:59 PM
RC Admin

If only IP's never changed.

Old 07/21/2006, 02:05 AM
Registered Member.

Not A Problem, I appreciate everyones support, I wouldnt want this to traumatize me from the hobby I love, and recently started.

Must continue my 120g!
Old 09/28/2006, 09:25 PM
Premium Member

I think we need to post a list of the email addy's, names or something of people banned for theft and dishonesty that way when they sneak back in under a diff name we at least have something thats not as easy to change...
Old 10/08/2006, 09:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Monkey_Bone
Block his IP.
Problem with that is simply unplug & plug back in your modem or go to a proxy site.
Old 10/11/2006, 12:19 AM
Member Registered

It's too bad you don't go on your local reef club forum. We just had a discussion about him on there. You might have saved yourself some trouble. Check out the BAR forum. It's a good way to find out local resources. Why did you spend all that money shipping anyway? Sac isn't that far from San Jose. I'm sure someone could have made the trip.
Old 10/11/2006, 02:45 AM
RC Admin

Time to close this one up.