Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/11/2006, 03:47 PM
Registered Member

BEWARE OF markandkristen !!!!!!!!

I should have known from the 12 PMs I recieved from markandkristen before the bulbs were purchased that this was going to be a PITA. I sold them a pair of XM bulbs and shipped them the next morning. As soon as the bulbs were recieved I was asked if they were indeed XM bulbs. I said they were and offered a refund minus the shipping if they were not happy with them and if the bulbs were returned. I now have recieved an email from paypal because they filed a dispute. Paypal was told that the bulbs were not XM and they never mentioned that I offered a refund! They also asked for a full refund which I dont really have a problem with but all they would have had to do was ask! I am really just upset that I was accused of selling something that was called a knock off by markandkristen and having to deal with paypal! I sent the exact bulbs in the picture that was posted and offered a refund! What more was I supposed to do!!! If needed I can post ALL of the PMs that were sent and recieved!
Old 08/11/2006, 09:26 PM
Premium Member

Sometimes you just can't make people happy.
Seems to be one in every crowd.

If you let paypal know, or forward all the pms to them it may help...

If anything absolutely can NOT go wrong, it will anyway.
Old 08/13/2006, 01:13 AM
><O>Euro-Reef*R*C500 <O><

yeah its amazing that XM bulbs dont say XM bulbs hmm..

lets say i sold you a skimmer and advertised it as a euroreef.

you open the box and all over the skimmer it says seaclone.

but i rave up and down. that its a euroreef.
even though your not stupid and have been in the aquarium industry for a while and hate it when people try to lie about a product.

so yeah i was mad.. lied too.. and wanted a full refund.. i can post pics of the bulbs..

i checked with three different pet stores for size... pics and distinct markings.. and they agreed it wasnt XM bulbs.

i asked him if he had the original packing that the bulbs came in.. he said he would check because he might have thrown it away.. but they were sent to me in generic packaging ..

the only thing he forgot to do is rub off the second bulb reall good. that was the key evidence.. because the markings on the bulb matched that on the packaging. nice try ... but your cover up didnt work..

that was wierd .. why was one of the bulbs markings completely rubbed off.. why would you rubb off a new bulbs markings.

well i typed in what was on the package and what was on the bulb via google.

Ebay came up... hmmm.. ok so i click the link and thiers my two bulbs.. i mean exactly to the Tee. imitation Metal halide bulbs not xm.

well i called around for lengths of xm 20000k bulbs they are like 1 and half inches longer and the inside is different. Xm bulbs come in a round tubular carton as well. and three different vendors all concurred with distinct markings as well as length of bulbs.

so this guy has the nerve to get on here and put my name through the mud. when hes the liar. and he Knows it deep in side he has just been caught. will post pics of the bulbs sent to me.. you be the judge.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...markandkristen

here is a link to my other feedback
Old 08/13/2006, 08:36 AM
The Iron Knight

and the pics are where?
also where is the thread that you bought these from MarkandKristen?
if there are pics there in that thread we should be able to compare them and see if they are the same.

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience." - Debi
Old 08/13/2006, 10:05 AM
2007 Eastern Conf. Champs

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...hreadid=901473

Old 08/13/2006, 01:27 PM

E39 BASE T SHAPE 20000k was written on the box and on the bulb.

this is from a website off of ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/175-W-Watt-20000...ayphotohosting

exactly what was printed on the box came up.

now a xm bulb has a wire towards the bottom that is a s shaped.

also a xm bulb is over 9 inches long these were barely 8 inches
Old 08/13/2006, 01:34 PM
Registered Member

xm bulb that I have came in a fancy blue xm box!!!
Old 08/13/2006, 01:37 PM

mine did two in a nice cardboard cylinder. with styrofoam on each end
Old 08/13/2006, 01:43 PM

Old 08/13/2006, 02:10 PM
On The M0VE

markandkristen, that is wrong...I'm sorry you had to go through something like that but worst of all they go and try to post something bad about you. Good thing you did the research. Good Luck...

BUMP---4 ALL 2 See
Old 08/13/2006, 07:49 PM
The Iron Knight

I agree with you MarkandKristen. Those aren't XM Bulbs.
And to all, Sorry if i sounded rude in my last post. I wasn't trying to be

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience." - Debi
Old 08/13/2006, 10:20 PM
Hulkamaniac

I think mark and kristen should start a thread about this so his name comes up in searches
amm 0
phos 0 salifers
Calcium 450 salifer
alk 11 dkh

Ph 8-8.1
Old 08/14/2006, 08:48 AM
Registered Member

definatly ASIAN knockoffs!! those are NOT XM lamps
Old 08/14/2006, 08:32 PM
Registered Member

This is the last I am going to post about this. I bought these bulbs as XM bulbs and they did come in XM packaging. I did not use or need them and thought I would pass them along to someone who could use them. I did not scratch anything off of any bulbs or try to mislead anyone! I sold the exact bulbs in the picture. If markandkristen had any doubts they did not have to buy them. They also could have told me that they thought they were not XM and I would have changed the post or not sold them at all. I offered a refund minus shipping because I thought that was fair. If they wanted a full refund all they would have do do is ask not file with paypal before asking for one. BTW, a full refund has already been sent.
Old 08/15/2006, 11:05 AM
Registered Member

I purchased a DIY 250watt electronic ballast, base, and reflector and XM bulb from Oceanencouner.com and my bulb did not come in a fancy XM bulb packaging, it was in a typical halide bulb package, and well it fires and the color looks fine, so I assume its an XM, but I have no way of telling if it really is.....go figure...just some more input on XM bulbs
Old 08/15/2006, 11:23 AM
Moved out

I've sold to MarkandKirsten before and had no problems FWIW. I hate it when I see things get nasty on here. Seems to me that they were definatley misled on the bulbs. Whether or not the seller believed they were XM and turned out not to be is immiterial. If they turn out not to be what was advertised the seller should take care of the issue as an act of good faith. An honest mistake (hopefully).

Chris
Old 08/15/2006, 07:53 PM
Hulkamaniac

Quote:
Originally posted by crgeltn
This is the last I am going to post about this. I bought these bulbs as XM bulbs and they did come in XM packaging. I did not use or need them and thought I would pass them along to someone who could use them. I did not scratch anything off of any bulbs or try to mislead anyone! I sold the exact bulbs in the picture. If markandkristen had any doubts they did not have to buy them. They also could have told me that they thought they were not XM and I would have changed the post or not sold them at all. I offered a refund minus shipping because I thought that was fair. If they wanted a full refund all they would have do do is ask not file with paypal before asking for one. BTW, a full refund has already been sent.
I did not know the cream I was applying has steroids and I thought the pills I was taking were flaxseed oil---Barry Bonds
amm 0
phos 0 salifers
Calcium 450 salifer
alk 11 dkh

Ph 8-8.1
Old 08/15/2006, 07:59 PM

thats funny drives..
he told me he threw away the boxes they came in.
then sends them in boxes that exactly match whats on the bulbs.

why would somebody throwaway boxes for bulbs that cost around 60bucks a piece new.
Old 08/16/2006, 04:55 AM
Garbologist

Quote:
Originally posted by crgeltn
BTW, a full refund has already been sent.
It appears that this has been resolved.

Closed

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."