Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 04/27/2006, 09:10 AM
Registered Member

Negative for Egdevilboy

Hello,
I have very negative feedback for Egdevilboy, Robb out of south Florida. I bought and paid for a 2 x 18 PC retro kit + shipping on Mar. 27. On April 4 I got an email explaining that he had been out of town and would mail my lights ASAP. Since then I have not gotten my lights. Also Robb has refused to resond to my numerous emails asking about my lights. Just a heads up for everyone. Has anyone else had similar experiences with Robb?
Thanks.
Mike
Old 04/27/2006, 09:16 AM
Registered Member

never have but thanks for the heads up, i read about this in your other thread so good luck on your lights.

dave.
Old 04/27/2006, 09:18 AM
Registered Member

Thanks for the kind words. I know the amount is small but it is the principle of the whole thing. I just wonder if he has done this to anyone else. Usually reefers try and help one another instead of stealing from them.

I asked my 3 year old daughter who wore man panties and she replied, "Superman!" Think about it.
Old 04/27/2006, 09:28 AM
Registered Member

my thoughts exactlly, i must give him the bennefit of the dought but time is runnin out fast. again good luck to you.

dave.
Old 04/27/2006, 03:48 PM
Premium Member

I would simly send a registered letter to the guy, file a complaint with the local police department and also the FBI interstate fraud website. It's only $35 but still criminal. Mail/wire fraud is a very serious crime, this very simply fits the definition of wire fraud.

They will not get your money back for you, but this guys name will end up on a few lists that most people don't like to be put on.

It is not to hard to find out other information about this person and put a little bit of negative pressure on him. The phonebook is a good start and perfectly legal. I sure would hate my boss, wife, parents, or siblings asking me why I ripped some fish dude off.

If you have a friend that is a law enforcement officer, have them give this guy a call...
Old 04/27/2006, 04:22 PM
Registered Member

BeanAnimal: I like I like. Yeah I have found out a few things about the person. I also have a lawyer in the family who could direct me in filing any criminal charges if it comes to that. I had not thought of the FBI but since it is Florida and Tennessee that means interstate and federal issues. Thanks for the suggestions.

I asked my 3 year old daughter who wore man panties and she replied, "Superman!" Think about it.
Old 04/28/2006, 08:29 AM
Registered Member

KafudaFish you have a PM
Old 04/28/2006, 10:13 AM
Premium Member

HAve your family member draft the registered letter for you. At this point the $35 is not worth the time, but it's the principle of the matter, and the fact the people like that never learn.
Old 04/28/2006, 11:46 AM
Registered Member

Thanks you guys. I just looked on the PBMAS website and he is trying to buy rberrie's corner tank. I wonder if my $35 is going towards it?
Bean As you said $35 is not much money it is the principle of the matter.
If he has time to buy a tank he has the time to refund my money. The battle continues.
Mike

Old 04/29/2006, 01:32 AM
Registered Member

You can contact the local police and FBI, but dont expect a sympathetic response. They will just take down the info and then toss it in the garbage after they hangup the phone. The FBI is busy looking of Osama they could care less about your $35. Look at it this way I am sure the merchant had a nice steak dinner with your money.
Old 04/30/2006, 09:16 PM
Registered Member

I recall this KID selling some rock on nano reef about 4 months ago.He had 35lbs and I wanted all of it.After me and another guy made a stink the thread was gone.Not sure if users can delete there threads,if so not a good feature on ANY forum.

ILL take all your live rock if you can get a hold of me today.Name is Jay and # is XXXXXXXXXX just need to know where I can pick it up.

he responds back

Jay,
I currently have an offer of $90 for the liverock. It is still available but currently it goes to the highest bidder. Let me know if you're still interested. Pickup would be in Boynton Beach. Just South of Lake Worth.

I was so POed I wanted to offer him more $ just to meet him in person.Going down there to lay him across my knee and spank him wasnt worth the gas.
Bad experience as well.
Let me know if I can help at all.
Old 04/30/2006, 09:57 PM
Registered Member

Stihl99,
Thanks for the information. Robb contacted me via PM and I have asked for a refund from him instead of the equipment. I just want my money back nothing more, nothing less. I will let everyone know the outcome. Sorry you had to go through that experience.
Mike

Old 05/01/2006, 06:53 PM
Premium Member

I've had this KID inquire about a few items that i have sold in the past and the only information i can give is that he is extremely immature. I believe hes about 12 years old. If i were you i'd try to search through RC or paypal to try to get his mailing address because i know for a fact that he still lives with his parents. After you get his address you can go on www.anywho.com and do a search with his address for a home phone number. Get ahold of this guys parents and i'm sure you can get it resolved.
Good luck
Old 05/01/2006, 09:28 PM
Registered Member

UFreeder,
Thanks for the info. According to his RC info he is 20 yo. and in college so we shall see. As I said, he contacted me on 4/30, and explained why he did not contact me even though he was online here off and on those 3 weeks. He offerred a refund and I took it and am now waiting for it. I also told him I would be fair and post when the refund and our business has been completed.
I am not really sure why people do this. If he had spent 30 seconds explaining the situation I would have waited before going through all of this. But it still is not finished and I do not have my money in my hand.

Old 05/01/2006, 10:25 PM
Premium Member

theres a possibility that I have him mixed up with another member, and if that's the case then I apologize
Hopefully it all works out for you
Old 05/05/2006, 10:31 AM
Registered Member

Hey to everyone who has read this post and thanks to all the support and suggestions.
I have great news. I just got my money back, full refund, from Robb. As promised I posted the final result.
I have no hard feelings just glad that I can go buy something else now. Everyone knows a reefer and his money are soon parted.
Mike

Old 05/05/2006, 11:11 AM
Registered Member

Glad it worked out :-)
Old 05/05/2006, 11:59 PM
Premium Member

Mishap

Kafudafish,
Thank you again for your understanding and im glad that we straightened everything out. Believe me i would never steal someones money and i never intended for it to take so long to get the problem resolved.

Below is a URL to a thread from other buyers about me:
Link to other buyers feedback

Mike if you would be so kind to post their the experience and resolution it would be appreciated.

To everyone else;
I love this hobby and all that these (and other) forums/clubs have to offer. I would never jepordize that over a $35 lighting system. The last month has been completely hectic and im glad i finally got online and was able to refund Mikes money. I assure you that this situation will never happen again.

Night All,

Finally realized ($1,000s later) that a large tank and a broke college student dont mix.
Old 05/06/2006, 08:52 PM
Premium Member

UFreefer - i believe i purchased your remora off of you recently. I do not live with my parents (live with relatives) and i am coming up quick on 21.

I think the kid you're talking about is a different member who was banned from PBMAS.org.

stihl99 - The rock was offered to the other gentlemen priore to your offer in which when i mentioned i had other people interested he raised the price. If you wish to meet 1/2 way id be more than glad to see you "Going down [here] to lay him across my knee and spank him."

Finally realized ($1,000s later) that a large tank and a broke college student dont mix.
Old 05/06/2006, 09:08 PM
Registered Member

Robb,
I am not sure why you would want me to post this experience in your other thread but I can. The thing that had me so puzzled is you had positive feedback from other people and then this situation came up. I understand all of the issues that were going on during those 3 weeks I was trying to get in touch with you and am not going to address them now. If you wish to explain to others your situation it is up to you.
I still would not consider this a positive experience. If you take offense to this it is not my intention. Simply look at this from my side or as a third party.

Old 05/07/2006, 01:11 AM
Registered Member

lol...@ u

you offered rock forsale ...not auction!you were wrong.Its called honor.Can you honestly say the gentlmen that bought the rock, just out of nowhere offered you more money then you were asking?I doubt it!You had someone just like me that was interested in it...then someone else offered you more money.You do that crap on ebay dude.i post something forsale it sells to the first person that gives me the $ not to the highest bidder.
Old 05/07/2006, 11:35 AM
Premium Member

Kafuda,
The transcation shouldnt be posted as positive feedback. I would just like to keep all things, positive and negative, in one thread. This way its the thread is similar to ebay where it shows all occuring situations.

BTW, i also have a ebay feedback of 30 (1/2 coming from buyers) with no negative comments in over a year (1 in total).

Old 05/19/2006, 07:55 AM
Registered Member

Time to move on!

Quote:
Originally posted by egdevilboy

I think the kid you're talking about is a different member who was banned from PBMAS.org.
Oh no Robb! Not that kidd. Keep him away!