Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > LPS Keepers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/05/2005, 01:39 AM
Premium Member

aqua designz was fair to me
Anthony is cool .......... hopfully i can still get a frag of that coral ..

IF YOU WANT TO DANCE ....YOU MUST PAY THE FIDDLER
Old 04/05/2005, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SkinyChinaMan
oh, one mroe thing, I don't cherry pick any lps from the wholesalers here in LA. what is wrong having connections, in the world today, everthing is based on connections. I work hard to obtain my connections in this industry.
Who said it was wrong to have connections bro? You are reading this the wrong way. It is EXTREMELY good to have connections/relations. Thats the way it is in the business world. The only thing I complained about was that my LFS's DONT have these connections. Im not complaining at you, but my LFS's who dont know how to get nice pieces like you have recently.
Old 04/05/2005, 09:41 AM
who?

Anthony - My comment about being connected was not meant as a negative, sorry if you saw it that way.

Visit our club: NVReefers dot org
Click my red house to visit my blog
Old 04/05/2005, 09:51 AM
Premium Member

ok guys/gals, you all know that I am very easy going person and i hardly ever get mad. I have got really lucky on a couple of corals recently, and that i happen to introduce a couple new things that has not been seen in this market. I am sure the prices on them will eventually drop, just the law of supply and demand. you all know that i started my business as a hobbist but it has grown so big that i have to treat it as business. I understand that it is really hard to please everybody but i sure try to do my best at all times. I agree with all of you on the pricing on the corals has gotten up too high on certain rarities. But I didn't not pay cheap for my corals and you all know i try my best to offer only the top of the line/ Cherries corals only. Anyhow, I appologize for my hotheaded comments last night if i have offended anyone. I believe this is a hobbie full of wise/friendly hobbists.

happy reefin~
Old 04/05/2005, 10:35 AM
Confused yet?

SkinyChinaMan - dude, is great that you can get such good corals, and if you can sell them for the prices you do, all the better for you. I dont' know if I could actually let them go, but then that is why I am not doing what you are doing. Good luck and keep bringing the nice corals so I can see what I will get in 10 or 15 years. hahaha

Cheers.
And no hard feelings or offendedness taken or intentionally given.

Chocolate, its not just a candy, its a way of life!
Old 04/05/2005, 01:15 PM
Registered Member

Wow. I just had to post something to shed some light on this topic. First Anthony is a first class guy. Yes he is a competitor of mine but that also allows me to understand what it takes to get these corals.

The price is there for a reason. You can pay top dollar to get one or you can just hope that someday one will just show up misidentified for far less. Yes some people have received acan lords for $25.00 - $50.00 by accident because it was listed as Favia. This caused a huge blowup on RC with everyone claiming that acan lords were only $25.00 and all the vendors were taking advantage of the hobbyist.

If I want one I have to pay crazy money and also take 100 yellow polyps, 25 goniopora and tons of other stuff that everyone would flame me for even having on my site. The other option is paying insane cash and only get the top of the lot.

This is a great hobby and everyone is entitled to their opinion. My opinion is that Anthony is trying to get killer coral for true collectors and from what I see his price is a combination of his cost and demand. As stated before, if you like the coral and can afford the price then buy it. Don’t buy because of a name or fad. There are a few corals on his site I would love to have for my personal tank and I have purchased some from him in the past.

Bryan