Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02/18/2005, 03:50 PM
Ugly fishes need love too

Magnum 250 HOT bubbles - grrrr.....

I got a Magnum 250 for running carbon and occasional water polishing, but the darn thing keeps spitting bubbles into the tank.

I've made sure to top off the canister, and I've reseated the cover O-ring a bunch of times. I used silicone grease on the inlet and outlet o-rings, and I even silicone sealed the swivel joint on the outlet fitting. All of that helped a little, but the bubbles are still there.

Does anybody use one of these without problems? Any advice? I mean, aside from throw the frigging thing away?

thanks.
Old 02/18/2005, 04:11 PM
Registered Member

my hot magnum 250 did the same thing. i love the filter though. anyway, if you have the biowheel model, the return flow has a small v-shaped insert. try placing a cotton ball behind that. this may restrict flow some, but the principle is basically the same as a sump with a skimmer in it---there are often sponges between the sections of the sump and the sponge is meant to dissipate any microbubbles. i hope this works. email me back and let me know. i wouldn't mind to put mine back on my tank.
fried