Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Propagated Corals & Tank Raised Livestock Selling
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/03/2003, 09:07 AM
Carpet Surfer

Contact them right now. I would have days ago.
Old 12/03/2003, 12:57 PM
Member Registered

Gregde, no offence but you have mentioned contacting the police three times now. I feel that if you are going to do it there is no reason to put it off any longer. I am not trying to instigate but I feel that people that break others trust deserve some sort of reprocusion.
Old 12/16/2003, 05:39 PM
Defender against ICH

So for those of you out there that know this scum bag have you seen him lately? Or is he on RC in another name and dumped jfisher as a username since he is tainted now? I think people like this are scum of the earth.

"He who has large reef tank has small wallet"
Old 12/16/2003, 08:21 PM
Registered Member

Havent been following this thread But if you set it VIA paypal your covered and If you sent a check a Money order cash etc. File a Complaint with the IFCC internet fraud complaint center its a part of the FBI they will help you out. Good Luck
Old 12/17/2003, 04:14 AM
Member Registered

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...hreadid=284644
This guy ripped me off and I just made a complaint to the IFCC. Thanks for the suggestion Adam101
Has anyone done anything about this situation yet?
Old 12/17/2003, 04:31 AM
Defender against ICH

As per my last post paypal is out of it since he was able to prove he mailed something (could have been rocks or an empty box for all they care) but something WAS mailed and verified so they wash their hands of it.

So frustrating. The part that boils me is that we are a tight knit community and I send money many many times trusting the agreement will be solid. Apparently not let the buyer beware. I mean I have spent over 15k in this hobby whats 30-40 dollars in the grand scheme of things? A drop in the bucket. But I feel violated and cheated. I want to trust someone with a few posts and a good reccomendation but how foolish was I?

Adam or Al G any more info on that IFCC thing? Where do I go to get that rolling? I want this guy to be punished for screwing us over I could give a hoot about the money.

I want people to know "If you fu#$ with the bull you get the HORNS!"

Thanks to all for letting me rant. Sorry....

Old 12/17/2003, 09:14 AM
Registered Member

I was able to get my money back from paypal so got lucky. Al G do you have a case number or anything from your complaint with the IFCC? I will also contact them but if we can all reference the same thing it might get more attention. Also how did you reach the IFCC?
Old 01/16/2004, 02:30 AM
Defender against ICH

this also deserves a bump so someone else doesnt get ripped off by jfisher2.