Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Upstate Reef Society
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02/01/2007, 08:54 AM
Registered Member

my wallet is open. where and when can we get tickets?
Old 02/01/2007, 08:29 PM
Premium Member

Where do we go to get tickets, or who do we contact?
Old 02/06/2007, 05:28 PM
Registered Member

Mark Excellent job along with the other volunteers.! Can't wait to see all of you again at the Zoo.
Old 02/06/2007, 05:50 PM
Registered Member

date is marked and will be attending! Mark, well done!
Old 02/06/2007, 06:12 PM
Registered Member

date is marked and will be attending! Mark, well done!
Old 02/06/2007, 08:23 PM
Premium Member

My hubby and I went to the Zoo last Sunday and took lots of pictures. I thought everyone here would appreciate the ones of the reef, so here are some highlights:

Old 02/07/2007, 10:04 PM
Registered Reefer

Great Pictures!!!

The answer is always no if you never ask the question.....
Old 02/09/2007, 08:39 PM
ReefoHolic

yes I agree great pics
Old 02/16/2007, 12:11 AM
Registered Member

Just a quick update:

Tickets for the event are being printed and should be available for sale next week. We're going to get started around 5:00pm and wrap up by 10:30pm.

Stubs from the tickets will be collected upon entry and will be used to award some door prizes at the end of the event.

While ticket sales will cover the majority of expenses involved with putting on this event, the primary way that funds will be raised to support the enhancement and continued care of the zoo's reef tank is through a raffle of donated items. So, please consider purchasing some raffle tickets. More details about the raffle will be forthcoming.

I'd like to take a moment to publicly thank Andy (ASH) from IceCap for his continued support of the Seneca Park Zoo reef tank exhibit. He was one of the first manufacturers to donate equipment when we proposed putting in the tank more than three years ago. When informed recently that we were in need of additional equipment he came through again, donating a 660 and 250W MH ballast to be kept as spares for the zoo tank and another 660 ballast that will be included in the raffle.

Only six weeks to go until the big day...

- Mark
Old 02/16/2007, 12:08 PM
Sponsor

From IceCap:
I'm just very glad we could help.

Andy

PS. Great looking tank!

Last edited by ASH; 02/16/2007 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02/18/2007, 05:12 PM
Registered Member

I'll attend
Old 02/18/2007, 07:59 PM
Registered Reefer

Thank You IceCap!

Old 02/18/2007, 09:11 PM
Premium Member

Thank you very much Andy/Icecap!!!
Old 02/20/2007, 04:36 PM
Registered Member

How many more spots are available??
Old 02/21/2007, 08:26 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jayelle
My hubby and I went to the Zoo last Sunday and took lots of pictures.
Hi Jayelle,

Great Pics! Do you still have the original files? I'm putting together some slides to update the signage at the zoo, and would love to use some of them if they are high resolution.
Thanks.

And a big thank you again to Andy for helping make this exhibit possible.

- Mac
Old 02/22/2007, 01:16 PM
Premium Member

PM sent
Old 02/26/2007, 02:19 AM
Registered Member

It's almost time!!

Tickets will go on sale tomorrow for people that are also interested in joining the URSNY. Look for a link I'll be posting here where the tickets can be purchased.

So that as many people as possible can attend, individuals will be limited to purchasing two tickets. If there are tickets remaining at the end of the week they'll be made available for purchase by non URSNY members.

Please do keep in mind that one of the primary reasons for holding this event is to raise funds so the zoo's reef tank exhibit can be enhanced. I would appreciate it if you would consider purchasing some raffle tickets to support that effort.

- Mark
Old 02/26/2007, 10:58 PM
Registered Member

Tickets will be available for purchase as of midnight tonight. For details see this thread.

Mark
Old 03/25/2007, 07:29 PM
Registered Member

An Evening at the Reef is sold out. We're going to fill (literally) every seat the zoo has available in the Rocky Coast Gallery. Thanks everyone for the show of support.

Please take a moment to register your tickets (if you haven't already) at:

http://www.ReefEvent.com/register

so I can get the nametags printed up ahead of time.

Thanks!

Mark
Old 03/30/2007, 09:54 AM
Registered Member

I am very disappointed to report that due to a family medical emergency it looks like Eric is not going to be able to join us tomorrow. We extend to him and his family our very best wishes.

The event at the zoo will still go on and we'll be afforded the opportunity to spend some time with our friends Sanjay and Anthony in a little more leisurely fashion than the original packed schedule would have allowed.

Eric passed along his regrets and indicated that he's looking forward to rescheduling with us so keep an eye out for another "Save the date..." post with information about the forthcoming An Evening at the Reef - Part II.

We'll see you all tomorrow at the zoo.

Mark
Old 03/31/2007, 07:40 AM
Registered Member

It's tonight!! We have some really neat things planned...

Bring some extra cash along... when you see what's being raffled off you may decide you want some more tickets. Plus, it's a good cause: 100% of the raffle ticket purchases go into a dedicated zoo account just for support of the reef tank.

There will also be copies of Anthony's Reef Invertebrates book, posters and "C... the Journal" available... the sale of which benefits the URSNY and shows our appreciation to Anthony for his support.

See you all tonight at 5:00pm!! This is going to be fun...

Mark
Old 04/01/2007, 10:19 PM
Registered Member

Thank you to everybody who showed up and helped make An Evening at the Reef - 2007 a great success. Between the raffle and items that were donated by manufactures for use on the tank we raised about $2000 dedicated for the maintenance and improvement of the zoo tank.

I could do an "Academy Awards" worthy list of Thank Yous of the many people and companies that pulled together to make this event happen. The event that had been meticulously planned months ahead of time fell completely apart about 9:30am the day before the event. Anthony and Sanjay were both great and a plan was hatched fill the void. It was a scramble to get things in place in time to pull it off and I am truly humbled by generosity of the many people and companies I turned to for help. Without exception everyone I turned to provided what was needed... and then asked what else they could do to help. We are very fortunate to have such a special group of people in our reefkeeping community.

I hope everyone had a good time.

Mark
Old 04/03/2007, 07:04 AM
Premium Member

Thanks to URS for inviting me to this meeting. You were very gracious hosts and I appreciate the time and effort you spent for this event. I enjoyed it myself, made a bunch of new friends and came home with some nice frags. What else could a reefer ask for. ?

Special thanks to Mark Klier for chauffeuring me around and putting up with me the whole weekend.

sanjay.
Old 04/03/2007, 07:28 PM
Registered Reefer

Quote:
Originally posted by Sanjay
Thanks to URS for inviting me to this meeting. You were very gracious hosts and I appreciate the time and effort you spent for this event. I enjoyed it myself, made a bunch of new friends and came home with some nice frags. What else could a reefer ask for. ?

Special thanks to Mark Klier for chauffeuring me around and putting up with me the whole weekend.

sanjay.
Thank You for your time. I enjoyed very much meeting you and really enjoyed your lecture. I am implementing several things I got from your speech. Foremost I am changing my top off water pump to a smaller one. I look forward to seeing you again!
John

Old 04/03/2007, 10:51 PM
yes it's my aquarium

Thanks for making the event a special one, Sanjay.

MarkKlier and puter- you guys deserve medals. Nice job.