Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/02/2008, 11:23 PM
Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally posted by jcpatella
Now that I look at this shot, it reminds me of an early action shot in Nanogurl's thread!
It does look pretty close!!!

The tiara has been officially passed! Wear it with pride gf!! The new queen of action shots!
Old 01/02/2008, 11:47 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by navychief
Reef hotties? Boy, where did I come in on the middle of this thread! LOL

BTW. The brown algae is almost completely gone, but now I'm seeing hints of green algae. Here we go again!
Stick with it, Chief. Your tank is looking great!
Old 01/02/2008, 11:49 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JJ4417
Did you create your own mix or use one of the recipes?

Also...in the middle of your bathroom remodel, did you think to alter that canopy a bit so you wouldn't have to open up the whole top piece? Just a brace and a couple of hinges so that front panel can flip for easy feeding? (I' guessing it is only flipped all the way for the pic...just looking for reasons for you to continue to tinker with it.)
I used a combination of recipes, but mainly the one on melev's site ( www.melevsreef.com ).

I altered my last canopy to open from the front. I don't like having to open the entire top of this canopy, but I do like having the ability to access everything from top-down.
Old 01/02/2008, 11:52 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by NanoGurl
It does look pretty close!!!

The tiara has been officially passed! Wear it with pride gf!! The new queen of action shots!
My wife says "Thanks - I'll do my best, but I still need a partner in crime." There - you heard it - keep your action shots coming!!!!

Seriously, though, I must have read through your entire thread at least 3 or 4 times. It is very informative and exciting, so Cheers to you!
Old 01/03/2008, 12:36 AM
TRC Leader

Quote:

I like this picture because her face is reflecting off the glass. It is a very serene shot.
Old 01/03/2008, 12:56 AM
Premium Member

It's almost like a half-lit moon.

Man, I really need to get some coral in there!
Old 01/03/2008, 01:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
It's almost like a half-lit moon.
Careful now taken out of context someone MIGHT think youre callin her a crater face. (how is it that some read btw the lines so hard that something nice comes out sinister?)
Old 01/03/2008, 01:25 AM
Premium Member

She has a face like a baby's bottom! Plus, if anything, I'd imagine the crazy folks around here to ask for a half-moon...
Old 01/03/2008, 01:32 AM
Registered Member

true true (HE said it NOT ME)
Old 01/03/2008, 01:37 AM
Registered Member

I was just about to ask... Howd you know?
Old 01/03/2008, 01:38 AM
Registered Member

You two are cracking me up
Old 01/03/2008, 01:45 AM
Registered Member

<- Dirty old man in training.
Old 01/03/2008, 06:36 AM
Girls Rule!

Quote:
My wife says "Thanks - I'll do my best, but I still need a partner in crime." There - you heard it - keep your action shots coming!!!!

Seriously, though, I must have read through your entire thread at least 3 or 4 times. It is very informative and exciting, so Cheers to you!
lol RC will never get rid of us!?!?

Awww thanks that was sweet =) I'm really glad to hear that you liked it so much. My goal was to make it fun and different instead of just a build thread.

Thats why I like your thread. It's a lot of fun and you two are so cute with the photos and the funny stuff. It's really nice to see some RC members that can relax a bit. For a long time I didn't think anyone on RC got me lol... but you two def do! =)
Old 01/03/2008, 07:09 AM
Registered Member

looks great jc when are u thinking about adding you tang
Old 01/03/2008, 09:19 AM
Registered Member

Ok you guys. I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy. I've been enjoying your thread for all the same reasons as mentioned recently. But now I think you two have to seriously focus on some corals. I look forward to this reef developing as much character as you yourselves exhibit.

I love the picture with your wife's face reflected in the glass. Very serene, like melev said.

My wife enjoys my tanks and can competently take care of them given well written instructions. I know it's mostly tongue-in-cheek, but I would never lie to my wife about what something costs. That's not the type of marriage I want. Sounds like you two are on the right track.

Now, I'll say it again: let's get to those corals!
Old 01/03/2008, 09:55 AM
Registered Member

If the dentist thing does not work out for your wife she can always model aquariums.

Are you planning LPS, SPS, or just softies?
Old 01/03/2008, 11:14 AM
Registered Member

Wow you move fast, I was just happy to get my tank in my house and the room pseudo ready. I feel I need to step it up a bit Hopefully my tank upgrade/move will go as well as yours!
Old 01/03/2008, 11:55 AM
Registered Member

This is Eran's wife. I am in no way trying to start an argument or ANYTHING, i'm just speaking my mind right now. jcpatella, I think it is AWESOME that your wife is so involved and supportive! So this doesn't reply to you. But it really bugs me when guys come on here and bash their wife by making rude comments about her. As a wife, I know I would be really hurt if I ran into a post from my husband that said something rude about me. And as a mother of 3 under the age of 3......I know for a fact that if I didnt have kids I would be more involved and into the reef keeping hobby. But my kids keep me running from sun up until sun down.....so I don't have the chance to get really involved in my husband's tank. Sometimes, for those who have children, the last thing that a wife and mother wants to think about at the end of the day is trying to take care of one more thing. Its not that I (or they) don't want to, I just literally don't have the energy to put into it like my husband does. Anyways, i'm done ranting. Sorry everyone! I just needed to get that off of my chest.
Old 01/03/2008, 12:42 PM
Registered Member

Real slow at work so I read just read through your thread. It was a great read and your new tank looks great!

One thing, I noticed on page 7 you have a picture of your sump and rest of the guts under your stand. Your powerstrip is on the floor of the stand, if you haven't already, mount it somewhere above your sump water level and make some drip loops.

Keep up the great work and build pics!
Old 01/03/2008, 12:43 PM
Registered Member

uh oh... fellow married reefers, word has leaked about Reefcentral and we are discovered.

So last night I asked the Mrs. to pose and do some work in front of the tank, she just laughed at me, but I was serious! Did not bribe her yet, so stay tuned men, picts coming soon.
Old 01/03/2008, 12:44 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeftanks6
looks great jc when are u thinking about adding you tang
Probably in the next couple of weeks. You're tang crazy, by the way!
Old 01/03/2008, 12:46 PM
Registered Member

Eran's wife, I am sorry if I said anything that may have seemed rude about my wife. She is the queen and king of our house. Her interests lye in the 4 legged creatures of the world instead of the finned ones or power tools. If it were up to her every dog she saw would be living at our house.

Here is my wife with Beauty and the Beast. Beauty is Adie on the left. She is an 80 lb German Shepard/hound mix who is as sweet as can be and Beast is Jester a Corgi that is a ball of energy. He is her sister's dog. What a terror he is.

She would kill me for posting up a pic of her but it is cute. Those are her babies

Old 01/03/2008, 12:46 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fambrough
Now, I'll say it again: let's get to those corals!
Definitely! I want to make sure my levels don't bounce around. Even though most of the system isn't new, it's still too early to call it an "established system". I'll probably add some hardy corals first, like zoas or rics, so I can try to avoid any expensive mistakes.
Old 01/03/2008, 12:49 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cannarella
If the dentist thing does not work out for your wife she can always model aquariums.

Are you planning LPS, SPS, or just softies?
Thanks! I don't plan on adding much SPS, if any. There are times when I may not be able to devote the time (and money) it takes to maintain an SPS tank, so I don't want to get in over my head. And to be completely honest, I'm not very interested in SPS. They're colorful, but not my cup of tea. Maybe that will change one day!
Old 01/03/2008, 12:52 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bohlke
Wow you move fast, I was just happy to get my tank in my house and the room pseudo ready. I feel I need to step it up a bit Hopefully my tank upgrade/move will go as well as yours!
I started much of the build long before I began the thread. I didn't want there to be days upon days of dead time in between events.

Don't step it up - you'll regret it later! Plus, part of the fun of this hobby is the anticipation!