Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Arizona - Fish & Reef Aquarium Group (FRAG)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/11/2006, 07:51 PM
Team RC Member

As the threads originator I'll ask the moderators to delete it before I would let it resort to name calling. But it has received a lot of interest hasn't it?

See, nobody is perfect! I'm not even close and don't claim to be. Maybe I need to take some college level english classes but being close to the big 50 I really don't want to go back to school. I wouldn't have time for what this forum is all about. I'd rather watch my corals and fish and brew my beer! (well, maybe drink it too!)
Old 08/11/2006, 08:02 PM
Registered Member

Anyone up for a brainteaser?

Count the F's...

Finished files are the result
of years of scientific study
combined with the experience
of years...

Old 08/11/2006, 08:13 PM
My Boys

lol good one
It's Not The Beginning Or The End That Counts It's The Journey That Gets You There That Matters.Autism Is Just A Symptom.Over Coming It Is A Challenge.A Disability Is The Ability To Do Things Differently.
Old 08/11/2006, 09:04 PM
My Boys

ok since we are pointing out things that are Irritating. can I point out something thats irritating to me????
It's Not The Beginning Or The End That Counts It's The Journey That Gets You There That Matters.Autism Is Just A Symptom.Over Coming It Is A Challenge.A Disability Is The Ability To Do Things Differently.
Old 08/11/2006, 09:14 PM
Registered Member

Yes, you can.
Old 08/11/2006, 09:26 PM
Registered Member

lets hear it....
Old 08/11/2006, 09:37 PM
Set it up

This thread has been some great reading and a good place for venting.
Old 08/11/2006, 09:41 PM
Team RC Member

Dogonnit Ryan, you have us in suspense and thats irritating!
Old 08/11/2006, 09:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, olny taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pcleas. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by ilstef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
That's funny, I completely understood that! I never have a problem reading and understanding posts here. I understand how difficult it can be to cope with disabilities and special needs. I can't say that when I read an email or letter that I don't notice the errors, but I get the gist of what someone is trying to say.

I am a preschool teacher and also have a seven-year-old. If I can read what my son writes, I'm good with what our fellow club members post.

We all have special needs in some way or another. I look at myself as a creative speller . I just don’t know where I’d be without my spell checker!

~ /\/ | [ |{ | ~
Old 08/11/2006, 10:16 PM
My Boys

what irritates me the most is people who think they know evvvvvvery I mean every thing. also people who don't fallow through with things.

and just when I think I know everything I know nothing.

my dad Jay says the older I get the more I am reminded that I know nothing.
Old 08/11/2006, 11:00 PM
Premium Member

Your dad is a wise man, Ryan, and that sentiment is similar to one of the great quotes from Thomas Jefferson: "He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson

And...this continues to be a maddeningly excellent thread!
Old 08/11/2006, 11:15 PM
My Boys

here here
Old 08/12/2006, 12:07 AM
Premium Member

Wow, I think I see/hear somekind of happy ending! I think everyone reading this thread has come to understand each other's frustrations and we can all work to better understand each other. When we don't, we can always ask for clarification and hopefully nobody will get offended.
Old 08/12/2006, 12:10 AM
Team RC Member

Well, I am going to be out of town all weekend so I will miss 2 days of posts. Can't wait to get back home already and I haven't even left yet!
Old 08/12/2006, 12:31 AM
My Boys

have a safe trip.
Old 08/12/2006, 12:32 AM
My Boys

have a safe trip.
Old 08/12/2006, 12:24 PM
Stinky Skimmer Owner

Well, there's an hour of my life I'll never get back!

Ed

Click the little red house to read my new 225 thread.
Old 08/12/2006, 12:39 PM
My Boys

lol ed. and just when you thought you knew something there's always something and proves you wrong. I am constantly learning. and I thank alot of frag members who know me for being so patient with me. god only knows I am just a great big kid. I maybe 31 but I act more like a 15 or 16 yr old. this is ok to me. so if I seem alil imature my appologies. I am learning more and more everyday and someday I do hope to grow up. but untill then its time to as my step daughter would say PART.....TY....just kidding. oh by the way who has the beer.
sincerly ryan