Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/18/2005, 09:11 AM
Registered Member

Dear Santa.....

Dear Santa,
Hope everything is going well at the north pole. By now I am sure you heard about my near death accident that happened on November 11th this year. It has put me out of work and left my family a mess this holiday season.

I have worked hard all my life to support my family and now I feel so bad that I am unable to do so. My Reef is dying due to ICH & malfunctioning lighting and I need so badly a new 260W PC set for my 55G to keep everything alive and healthy but as you know I am not writing you to ask for that. I am currently trying to trade an aquarium I have for that.

My family is more important to me and what I ask you for this evening is much more important to me than anything in the world. I ask you to give my 2 daughters a decent Christmas. Valerie who is 2 now would be thrilled to have gifts under the tree with her name on them and that she could open and enjoy and Alyson who is 7 months could just use a cuddle toy or two.

Santa, You know me well, You know I have stayed clear of drugs, Too much alcohol and not run with the wrong crowd. I don't abuse my family and I would do anything for them. This year I don't want you to put me on your list.....I want you to put my family in my place. My kids most importantly. My wife would be happy just to have a new mattress to sleep on as ours is worn badly. She sleeps so little these days due to taking care of the girls.

So please Santa, For me....Just give my family a Christmas this year and I will be forever in your debt.

You know where to find us....Same house as last year and the year before and I'll leave that eggnog and those cookies my wife makes out for you again.

You be careful up in the sky during your flight this year.

Oh, And God bless you Santa! After all, It IS Christmas!

Keri
Old 12/18/2005, 10:58 AM
No Lorenzo in my Benzo

Now thats just sad.
Old 12/18/2005, 11:11 AM
*MySpiderSenseIsTingling*

Unhappy Re: Dear Santa.....

Quote:
Originally posted by ReeferMadnessFl
Dear Santa,
Hope everything is going well at the north pole. By now I am sure you heard about my near death accident that happened on November 11th this year. It has put me out of work and left my family a mess this holiday season.

I have worked hard all my life to support my family and now I feel so bad that I am unable to do so. My Reef is dying due to ICH & malfunctioning lighting and I need so badly a new 260W PC set for my 55G to keep everything alive and healthy but as you know I am not writing you to ask for that. I am currently trying to trade an aquarium I have for that.

My family is more important to me and what I ask you for this evening is much more important to me than anything in the world. I ask you to give my 2 daughters a decent Christmas. Valerie who is 2 now would be thrilled to have gifts under the tree with her name on them and that she could open and enjoy and Alyson who is 7 months could just use a cuddle toy or two.

Santa, You know me well, You know I have stayed clear of drugs, Too much alcohol and not run with the wrong crowd. I don't abuse my family and I would do anything for them. This year I don't want you to put me on your list.....I want you to put my family in my place. My kids most importantly. My wife would be happy just to have a new mattress to sleep on as ours is worn badly. She sleeps so little these days due to taking care of the girls.

So please Santa, For me....Just give my family a Christmas this year and I will be forever in your debt.

You know where to find us....Same house as last year and the year before and I'll leave that eggnog and those cookies my wife makes out for you again.

You be careful up in the sky during your flight this year.

Oh, And God bless you Santa! After all, It IS Christmas!

Keri
'HOPING THAT YOU AND YOUR'S ARE TAKEN CARE OF THIS YEAR'
Old 12/18/2005, 11:50 AM
forever newbie

I'm sorry your having troubles. Here's hoping Santa gets your letter on time.
Old 12/18/2005, 02:34 PM
Registered Member

Sorry for your"troubles". On 12/17 you purchased a UV sterilizer. On 12/15 you purchased a quarantine tank. On 12/04 you bought frags for not only you, but your mother. On 12/06 after seeking a deal due to your "injuries" you purchased a BTA. Couldn't you have put that money towards your kids instead? :confused.
Old 12/18/2005, 02:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kellierick
Sorry for your"troubles". On 12/17 you purchased a UV sterilizer. On 12/15 you purchased a quarantine tank. On 12/04 you bought frags for not only you, but your mother. On 12/06 after seeking a deal due to your "injuries" you purchased a BTA. Couldn't you have put that money towards your kids instead? :confused.
Did you happen to ask where any of that money came from?

My mother bought the UV to help combat my tank problems! It goes to her when I am done with it. The tank cost a whole $10 and is something to keep my reef alive! (Or perhaps you would prefer I just let all the animals die)

Yea, My mom bought frags for us both.....Her Christmas gift to me!
All I did was go pick them up for us both!

And the BTA? Well, Let's see....That one "I" bought because I did not at that time realize how little I would get on workmans comp and also try and remember too that I have a head injury and have not been thinking clearly since 11/11!

Thanks for trying to make something out of nothing!

Oh yea, Merry Christmas to you too! I wish you and yours well.

Keri
Old 12/18/2005, 02:45 PM
Registered Member

Admins, Please remove this thread!

This was only meant as an open letter to "Santa" when I was feeling down.

Now it is doing nothing more than making me feel worse as I get bashed by people who have no idea what is going on.
Old 12/18/2005, 02:56 PM
No Lorenzo in my Benzo

Quote:
Originally posted by kellierick

How do you know all this?
Old 12/18/2005, 03:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by EXPEDITION
How do you know all this?
He/She knows this from other threads on the forum I have made.

I don't deny any of it but the way it was obtained was not disclosed. This person just "assumed" that I spent the money on it all which I didn't.
Old 12/18/2005, 03:06 PM
Registered Member

theres always this rought!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Old 12/18/2005, 05:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Now that is just sad. I can't stand people who feel that they need to prove a fact when they had nothing to go on in the first place. JMHO.

I hope you and your girls get all that they asked Santa for. Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. Good luck to you and your family.
Old 12/18/2005, 07:50 PM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

Quote:
Originally posted by ReeferMadnessFl
Admins, Please remove this thread!

This was only meant as an open letter to "Santa" when I was feeling down.

Now it is doing nothing more than making me feel worse as I get bashed by people who have no idea what is going on.
The same one you posted over at SWF.com
Old 12/18/2005, 07:51 PM
Pulling my hair out

[flamealert]

kellierick - It's Christmas/the holidays...if you don't have something nice to say, please refrain from saying it...it's not wanted here.
Old 12/19/2005, 01:21 AM
Registered Member

Conversely, when you post on any given subject, you must be willing to accept constructive criticism without posting a hostile or inflammatory response.

kellierick - It's Christmas/the holidays...if you don't have something nice to say, please refrain from saying it...it's not wanted here. [/B][/QUOTE]

if you look at that line it could actually go both ways! I dont mean to sound rude but if your are going to put yourself out there then you should expect to here others opinions! it is a public forum!! and I dont mean to sound like a smart *** but just stating the obvious