Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > LPS Keepers

Old 01/10/2008, 10:51 PM
Premium Member

Double the price and we could call this the Micromussa thread...
Old 01/11/2008, 01:21 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Duce
I have heard the rumour of Aussie closing exporting but unless I heard more I will still say it is a rumour....a supplier say they are not shipping... why? his quota is up, not shipping for 07, not shipping till mid 08.... nothing specific so......

Best way to drive up pricing on a hot item is saying they won't be available anymore....
I've heard the same thing, but again it was from a seller. I asked other sellers and they said they don't know. I guess we'll see and find out.
Old 01/11/2008, 09:12 AM
Registered Member

This has become in interesting thread. Just as people have been hard on sufunk for crying about prices. There is no need for underwaterparadise to justify your business practices. If your not making enough money, get out. I would hope most business would aspire to have millions.

I received a solicitation from this guy wanting to sell me acans from this thread( eddie 28).

My view about them. Since most of the people who see my tank would not be able to tell the differnece between a $5 coral from a $1000 coral. I purchase fish and coral on the basis of what will make my tank look great, reguardless of price.
Old 01/11/2008, 02:10 PM
Premium Member

sufunk's point on comic book and card craz is very good point.
I think way back then, the craz drives up prices, everyone want to jump in make some money thinking the business is easy. Turns out it is not, market got saturated with crap product...the only way to survive they turn to gimmicks, limited edition run, special collectors edition, variant, to drive up some sales charge more just to survive. People got tired, market go bust, stores and publishers closed their doors, now only a few are left.
Maybe this hobby is going to that direction.

Last edited by Duce; 01/11/2008 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01/11/2008, 03:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by scotmc
This has become in interesting thread. Just as people have been hard on sufunk for crying about prices. There is no need for underwaterparadise to justify your business practices. If your not making enough money, get out. I would hope most business would aspire to have millions.

I received a solicitation from this guy wanting to sell me acans from this thread( eddie 28).

My view about them. Since most of the people who see my tank would not be able to tell the differnece between a $5 coral from a $1000 coral. I purchase fish and coral on the basis of what will make my tank look great, reguardless of price.
I'm not justifying anything and don't need to justify anything, please don't make accusations as so. I'm just tired of hearing all the complaining about prices , if you don't like the price DON'T BUY IT PERIOD!!!
Old 01/11/2008, 06:48 PM
Registered Member

You know what -- the only thing I see ruining this hobby is pollution and over-collection. There will always be the next coral craze, the next round of overcharging and the next round of complaining. I think most folks are trying to make an honest living. It's not easy having your own business no matter what it is -- sometimes you make money and sometimes you don't but you sure hope the former happens more than the latter...