Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > Coral Propagation and Aquaculture
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04/10/2007, 01:24 PM
Premium Member

Well last week was kind of a bust. The wind was pretty calm all week and I started to get my hopes up that I could still get the plastic up, but then Saturday morning sure enough the wind was here and the plastic stayed on the roll. How is it that the weather people are never right except the one time when they say it will be nasty the day you need to get something done.

So that the entire weekend was not a bust I did go out Friday and Saturday and look at some doors. I found a darn nice insulated glass double door that was $150 less than anything else I could find because it had some greasy hand prints on it... Sold!!!! Then I spent the rest of Saturday framing in the door and taking care of a sick kid.

The 'new and improved plan' is to try for this weekend on getting the plastic up. Sunday looks kind of rough right now with wind and spotty showers on the forecast, but Saturday looks ok as long as it doesn't get any worse. I really need to get this done pronto as it is holding up everything else I need to get done. Right now the list looks like this. I get the plastic up and then I can work the utilities, and mounting the equipment, but until the plastic is up I can't really do any of that.

Earlier I said that I think the key to this project was determination, I am going to modify it now to be patient determination. I have been trying to put things into perspective and find out what is driving my milestones and I think the big thing is that I would really like to get some sort of revenue by November when the heating bills start to kick in. With my growout plans, that would put me into May to have vats loaded and growing.