Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/06/2007, 05:27 PM
Premium Member

is my set up messed up?

my ? has to do w/ pods and how they will make it from the refugium to the main tank. i have to try to explain this w/o pics.

ok i have corner overflows. the left corner hastwo lines one to the refg he other to the w/d sump. the right only goes to the sump. i have a ref and a sump piped together w 1" pvc.

the ref is on the left w/ a filter sock and a 4" indo sand bed(i'm going to add macro later) it has another chamber that is seperated by a foam baffle

the wet/dry has lr as the media. it all so has a skimmer and the return pump.

so the flow of water from left to rightis water goes through fliter sock to sand bed through fome baffle to empty chamber through 1" pvc under lr w/dry is skimmed and then returned to the tank. that is hard to understand i guess, but i hope you can picture it.
anyway will pods be able to go through a foam baffle and a protein skimmr. and can they get from the main tank to the rufg through the sump sock?

my lfs set it up is this right?
Old 09/06/2007, 06:04 PM
Registered Member

In my setup the pods live in my display (in the live rock). If they are in your sump in macro or in the sand, I would assume you could just scoop out some sand and add it to your display, taking the pods with it. If the live rock you are using already has pods living in it, you could temporarilly move it to your display so the pods can migrate to your main tank.

I don't know if this answers your question or not.