Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/17/2007, 09:13 AM
Registered Member

Pan world pump issue ( after a bit pressure drops )

I really need to redo my tank set up , So I am getting a new sump , and new return pump ( internal ) My current pump is a panworld 40 .

While testing to see if no light kills bubble algae I had put a couple rocks in my sump ( skimmer pump is busted so things in my tank are just getting horrid ) Well after picking a rock up after 2 weeks with no light down below I had noticed not much of a difference , While putting the rock back in I heard a short "lemon seed in the garbage disposal" sound.

Now my pump is making a higher "electric" sound ( sorry for my poor description ) , and seems to be barely working although pumps heat seem to remain the same .

My question is , I am sure something happened almost 100% with whatever was sucked up but if I turn off the pump and turn it back on its fine for about 10-15 minutes then slows down to a maxijet 600 level.

( I rushed my piping etc , no way to get the pump out to check without having to redo everything )
Old 12/18/2007, 04:04 PM
Registered Member

ahhhhchoooo bump
Old 12/18/2007, 06:21 PM
I hug trees, not Bushes

Sounds like a rock is stuck in there. Take it apart and have a looksie, it's the only way you'll know.

All statements have been peer reviewed.