Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05/10/2005, 09:15 PM
West Coast reefin'

Talking ok.. my cat is definately not bright.. lol

Before anyone worries, he is ok. and playing as usual..

So I am sitting here doing some project work for school at to my left between a couch and chair I hear all kinds of banging and crashing. I get up not knowing what is going on and up from between the two shoots my cat. With a 2 litre pop bottle stuck on his head.. or should I say his head was stuck in it. I had recently cut the bottle in an attempt to catch a couple of fish in my tank and after getting frustrated dropped it to the floor where it had rolled under the chair.

Guess something in there was a bit too interesting and he had to look. His head fit in just fine(tho I am sure he had to force it to get it in so far) but didn't come out. He bounced around the couch and then under the coffee tables before I was able to catch him and pull it off with a bit of work.

No damage done and he had forgotten about it already. But man was it funny. He seems to do things like this to himself from time to time. Falling off of the side of a bed, wrapping a fav toy around a paw and then running in panic falling off of dresser you name it.

Not the swiftest bunny in the woods I can tell you that.. But sure cute.

Still laughing about it.

Beauty fades....
Stupid is forever......

"LOL, well I have no brain apparently. " - dc (Debi)
Old 05/10/2005, 09:19 PM
PARC Member & Reef Monkey

just thinking about it. My husband is looking at me like I finally lost it!
Old 05/10/2005, 09:20 PM
Moved In

Poor kitty!

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 05/10/2005, 09:22 PM
Registered Member

Cute, maybe you otta set up a camcorder, you could win some money... Ya think???

TheBimbo

so...what are you wearing...?

panties...?

lace panties...?

that's what I'm wearing - ScubaDave and the telemarketer...

Life can be short, just like me... Live it to the fullest!!! Family is always there for you NO matter what, just like a "true friend" would be... A cheat is a cheat, and are always busted...
Old 05/10/2005, 09:27 PM
West Coast reefin'

I could have wonmillions off of this cat. He seems to get into a situation and the only way out is a full blown comedy routine.

The best by far is when he is on my bed and you stand near it. Doesn't matter if you are touching the bed or 6 inches away. He comes over and leans on your leg to be petted. Now if you are next to the bed everything is ok. He can stand up normally and walk away. But if you are 6" away it isn't so easy when your entire body is angled at 45 degrees from vertical to stand back up. This always results in the panicked realisation that he can't stand up and the always following, fall to the floor. Where he bounces up like nothing happened and walks gracefully away..

Beauty fades....
Stupid is forever......

Old 05/10/2005, 09:31 PM
Registered Member

Word of caution, I've seen pets who've gotten their heads stuck in chip bags and soda bottles and then suffocated. Not pretty.

But the good news is that your kitty is ok and so therefore we can have a good chuckle.
Old 05/10/2005, 09:39 PM
West Coast reefin'

I know.. There were holes to allow the water out and normally that wouldn't be laying around.

Just had the fire alarm go off in my building. Good luck seeing him for the next three hours. Wasn't able to catch him before he made it inside my boxspring mattress.

Beauty fades....
Stupid is forever......

Old 05/10/2005, 10:23 PM
Premium Member

curiosity...the hallmark of intelligence, and the end of many a cat. i have two, one old, 17 years, and one almost a year old. watching those interact has been amusing, and sometimes hysterically funny. they sometimes sit right across from each other and trade blows to head...finally old cat gets to point wehre he's had enough and goes for the takedown. you have to be there. very expressive animals considering their faces are covered with hair. funny guys...i should get one more, then it would definitely be the three stooges. (no i'm not in "thier" little club)
Old 05/10/2005, 11:26 PM
Seamonkey on my back

here kitty kitty kitty...

a sock over the head or scotch tape on each paw

Rick
Old 05/10/2005, 11:29 PM
West Coast reefin'

How come I knew I'd see you post in here..

You follerin me boy?

Beauty fades....
Stupid is forever......

Old 05/10/2005, 11:58 PM
Premium Member

I was unloading some groceries one time and my cat was checking out the empty plastic bags. Well he somehow got the bag wrapped around him and it scared the crap out of him. So he tried to run away, but the bag was stuck to him so he freaked out and ran all over the house running in to things and falling off of stuff.

He was so freaked, and the more he moved the more freaked he got. Took me and my wife about 5 minutes to catch him.
Old 05/10/2005, 11:58 PM
Seamonkey on my back

Originally posted by DJ88
How come I knew I'd see you post in here..

because your Miss Cleo living in exile?

You follerin me boy?

yup.

Rick
Old 05/11/2005, 12:53 AM
forever newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by AJP
I was unloading some groceries one time and my cat was checking out the empty plastic bags. Well he somehow got the bag wrapped around him and it scared the crap out of him. So he tried to run away, but the bag was stuck to him so he freaked out and ran all over the house running in to things and falling off of stuff.

He was so freaked, and the more he moved the more freaked he got. Took me and my wife about 5 minutes to catch him.
My cat did that a few times. How do you run away from a plastic bag that is wrapped around you??!! Absolutely hysterical.
Old 05/11/2005, 12:57 AM
Loan Shark Willy

you do know that pets take after their owners right?
Old 05/11/2005, 02:55 AM
Registered Member

How people can live a happy life without a cat is beyond me!

My favourite is when you see it start to sway when its balancing on the tank, looking at the fish, then panic sets in. Mine used to do a full blown tantrum, thrashing the lights. The noise would scare it more and without thinking, it'd always jump out the 2nd story window!

Silly kitty...

--Dan
Old 05/11/2005, 05:57 AM
i'm here for you two

my new cat fernando, oh man does he have some marbles missing,

he chases shadows, we have wood flooring through out our house, and he will sit there swatting at the nails in the boards, he has just fallen over for no reason at all, has gotten him self stuck in our garbage can, eats rabbit food. there's more that he's done but this would turn into a novel

A wedding? I love weddings! Drinks all around! "Cap'n jack sparrow"
Old 05/11/2005, 06:32 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilafur
you do know that pets take after their owners right?
Yeah and mine was rescued. Them people he lived with must have been crazier than a loon.
Old 05/11/2005, 06:58 AM
i'm here for you two

umm yeah same here for my adopted cat

A wedding? I love weddings! Drinks all around! "Cap'n jack sparrow"
Old 05/11/2005, 08:05 AM
Registered Member

Story reminds me of my cat. He's been in that situation several times. The thing about it is, is that he never panics. Nor does he try to use his paws to take it off his head really, he just shakes his head around.

One our favorite things to do is put a sock over his head, he just walks around cautiously lifting his front paws high in the air and bumps into everything, I've had my friends crying rolling on the floor watching him. I love my cat.
Old 05/11/2005, 09:35 AM
Stop touching me!!!

You should try to replicate it, video it, and win $10K on AFHV. As for me, I would just like to see the pics. I bet it WAS funny!
Old 05/11/2005, 10:40 AM
Pulling my hair out

Yup, my cat George is a nut too. He's about 18mths old, 15lbs or so and just huge...he's not fat, he's just a very big cat...tall & long. Every night he gets a hair up his butt and just goes tearin around the apartment from one end to the other howling and meowing. So far he hasn't gotten stuck in anything but he's fallen out of bed and off the back of the couch a few times.
Old 05/11/2005, 11:31 AM
Premium Member

Could be worse

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/pinky.html
Old 05/11/2005, 11:37 AM
Seamonkey on my back

ouch!

stop giggling ladies...

Rick
Old 05/11/2005, 11:42 AM
LIGHTS ARE ON!!!!

I had one cat trained to fight - but just with me. I had a heavy leather glove that I would put on, and a heavy leather jacket. He had a red mitten, when he wanted to fight he would drop the mitten in front on me. I would then go get the jacket & leather glove & put them on, come back & put the red mitten on over the glove.
He would rip into my hand - protected - with all four paws/claws - a real battle!! I went thru more then one glove

Well one night some friends come over, the cat drops the red mitten in front of us. They are like, "What's up with that?" I reply he wants to fight, so I leave the room to get the jacket & glove.
I'm just getting the leather out of the closet when I hear a scream of pain......Yeah, one of em put the very thin mitten on, and the cat attacked. ooops....
Old 05/11/2005, 11:45 AM
forever newbie

We had a cat when the kids were younger. He accidently did a somersault off the back of the couch. He liked it so much he would spend hrs. doing it everyday.