Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/01/2007, 02:27 PM
Registered Member

aquariumplants.com a scam?

I always hear recommendations for this site and their CO2 regulators so after struggling for a year with my POS Milwaukee regulator I went and ordered a regulator from aquariumplants.com on September 28. I live in Canada so their site said they would ship it on October 2 then I recieved an email from UPS saying that they had recieved billing information, my credit card was charged and that is the last thing to happen.

The UPS tracking never changed from billing information recieved. It is now the 1st of November, aquariumplants.com has not replyed to any of my 2 phone calls (no one even answers the phone) or 3 emails.

I guess now I'm going to have to try getting my money refunded through paypal... Has anyone had a similar experiance?
Old 11/02/2007, 01:56 AM
Premium Member

Wow. Sorry to hear that. I got mine very quickly after I ordered and have no complaints. Good luck.
Old 11/02/2007, 10:34 AM
Registered Member

Not sure I follow. Did you actually get a UPS tracking #? If so, did you track it through the UPS website?
Old 11/02/2007, 01:36 PM
Registered Member

I have a tracking number, if I use it on the ups.com it tells me the status of my package is "billing information recieved". So not even UPS recieved the regulator. Try it yourself 1Z2FA1112091781297 if you want.
Old 11/02/2007, 01:50 PM
Registered Member

I tried phoning again and I finally got ahold of someone after 3 emails and 3 phone calls. They said they would be shipping it next week Monday. So hopefully that happens. This is easily some of the worst customer service I have delt with so far. I said to the lady that in furture it would help them if their was a problem and a shipment had to be delayed for a month they really need to let the customer know whats going on. I once worked as a telemarketer so I wont blow up on people over the phone... unless its UPS; they deserve it.
Old 11/02/2007, 02:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11103622#post11103622 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by whatcaneyedo
I have a tracking number, if I use it on the ups.com it tells me the status of my package is "billing information recieved". So not even UPS recieved the regulator. Try it yourself 1Z2FA1112091781297 if you want.
I was just trying to understand how far you'd gone in tracking this. I have to agree that's pretty shabby service on their part.
Old 11/02/2007, 06:28 PM
Registered Member

Their system is they ship their canadian orders out once a month on the first Monday/Tuesday of the month. The deadline for a canadian order is a few days eailier, for the october shipment it was Sept 30th. I placed my order on Sept 28, the site said the regulator was in stock, I was billed, UPS was notified of a package to be delivered. But then aquariumplants didnt send it, and didnt say anything to me, and never replied to my emails or my phone calls.

Horrible service.

People on here say the regulator is great but we'll see.
Old 11/02/2007, 07:08 PM
Registered Member

Hmmm. Shipping Canadian orders once a month sounds odd, but customs regs. to Canada have changed. But not handling them properly makes it worse. Sounds like they came up with some sort of internal procedure for Canadian shipments and somebody dropped the ball and didn't want to deal with it. Well, at least that sounds like a believable scenario. I can't believe that transactions across the borders are still so difficult.
Old 11/07/2007, 02:46 PM
Registered Member

Did it ship?
Old 11/07/2007, 03:58 PM
Registered Member

Yes it seems they finally shipped it. I have a new tracking number with UPS that says it departed today (the 7th of November). 40 days after I placed the order and made payment it has shipped.
Old 11/08/2007, 06:00 AM
Registered Member

No I was mistaken it does not look like the regulator has been shipped yet. The new UPS notification I was emailed was from an order that I made with jlaquatics.com on Sunday. I'll have to call aquariumplants.com again and find out what is going on...