Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Indiana Marine Aquarium Society (INDMAS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/03/2006, 05:50 PM
Registered Member

Here's a bump!!!

Look forward to seeing everyone this weekend!!!

Vendors, raffle prizes, trading, socializing.....should be a great time!
Old 04/06/2006, 04:21 PM
Registered Member

Just a hint. Bring your $1s, $5s, and $10s in addition to your $20s Try not to make sellers/traders break big bills if you dont have to.

See everyone Saturday.

PEACE.....from Zeppelin

300 gallon Tenacor Acrylic Peninsula tank
Old 04/06/2006, 04:40 PM
Registered Member

and if you need change for a $20, you can always buy $5 or $10 in raffle tickets to get the change !
Old 04/07/2006, 05:13 AM
Registered Member

Just verifying Mapquest is accurate. I'm coming in Rt 70 West. Says to go to I-465South and take exit 8, I-67 S toward Kentucky Ave. Turn right onto S. Kentucky, then left onto S. Lynhurst.

PEACE.....from Zeppelin

Old 04/07/2006, 08:25 AM
Registered Member

You could go that way, but you might have difficulty seeing the school. It is set back off the road quite a bit. I would suggest following Mapquest's instructions, but instead of taking the IN-67 exit stay on I-465 until you reach the Airport Expressway. Take that east (thats a right from your direction) to Lynhurst where you will go South (another right). By coming in this way, you should see a sign for the frag swap on the left hand side after you go through the first light.

You could also stay on I-70 through Indianapolis (not getting on 465) and take that all the way to Airport Expressway. The first exit after getting on Airport Expressway is Lynhurst, which you have to do a funny loop to get onto going south. If you choose this way, you might want to zoom in using google maps so you can know what to expect at the Lynhurst exit.

Ultimately, we are trying to keep people from coming to the school from the South on Lynhurst because we are afraid they won't see it. If you do decide to come from the south, just know that if you hit the Airport Expressway, you have gone too far.

P.S. 67 and Kentucky are the same road.
Old 04/07/2006, 04:17 PM
Registered Member

It has been brought to my attention that directions provided by mapquest, googlemaps, and EVERY OTHER map program/website are WRONG!!!

Please follow the directions given in the frag swap announcement thread. It even gives a map.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...5&pagenumber=1

Take I-465 to west side of Indy
Take Airport Expressway East (DO NOT GO TO THE AIRPORT!!!)
Turn right (south) onto Lynhurst.
Go past first stoplight and over overpass bridge
Immediately after the bridge turn left into the school, there will be a fragswap sign.

Again, please do not attempt to follow directions given by map programs/websites!
Old 04/07/2006, 11:17 PM
Premium Member

is this event usually pretty popular? Are we talking not only corals but fish and drygoods too? Also is attendance usually dozens or hundreds of people? Just curious, I'll be there regardless.

Thanks
Old 04/08/2006, 07:49 AM
Registered Member

Can't say anything about turnout because this is our first one. We hope it turns out to be a big success and it will become an annual thing. I would imagine it will grow a bit each year. I think people are bringing a bit of everything.
Old 04/08/2006, 07:29 PM
Registered Member

enjoyed the frag swap, got some great frags!
Old 04/08/2006, 08:02 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the invite everyone. Great first swap for you guys. Hope it continues to grow for you. Scott/Density Man, it was great to finally meet you. Used to chat with you when zoosrus first got going.

Hope to see some of you at our Columbus, OH, CORA fall All Ohio Frag Swap on 09/30.

Thanks again for the hospitality.

PEACE.....from Zeppelin

Old 04/09/2006, 12:50 PM
Registered Member

I've gotta say that Zeppelin had some SWEET stuff. I'm still kicking myself for not getting some of the blue chalice coral...
and the acans and the blastos and the rics..... Oh well, I guess I'll have to road trip to the CORA swap!

Great time!
Tim
Old 04/09/2006, 09:39 PM
Premium Member

I did get some stuff from the CORA guys. The light blue acro and the green milli. They are doing great! I'll be in Columbus in September... as long as I get a new tank to hold all this stuff. BTW... anyone have a large (er) tank. Looking to upgrade to 125+. I'll post when my INDMAS account goes live.
Old 04/10/2006, 07:15 AM
I'm the Dude.

Quote:
Originally posted by BigReef
I've gotta say that Zeppelin had some SWEET stuff. I'm still kicking myself for not getting some of the blue chalice coral...
and the acans and the blastos and the rics..... Oh well, I guess I'll have to road trip to the CORA swap!

Great time!
Tim
absolutly!! Larry you had some amazing looking frags!!! Thanks for holding the red acan and chalice for me till the end of the swap. really enjoyed talking to you and wish I would have picked up a few more items. glad you came out.!

I had a great time, it was a fun event.
Old 04/10/2006, 09:54 AM
Registered Member

Thanks for the compliments. Glad everyone got some cool stuff. Hope to see you at the CORA frag swap in September. PM me if you ever want to road trip my way before then.

PEACE.....from Zeppelin