Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Chicagoland Marine Aquarium Society (CMAS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/09/2008, 12:40 AM
Premium Member

H&S Calcium reactor gurus-how is it?

Hello, I tried searching for reviews on their calcium reactors and not much came up.

Are these relatively new? Any experiences?

Thanks in advance as always!
Old 01/09/2008, 08:05 AM
g l a s s b o x

i was unable to find much too...but it's at the top of our list. the unmentionable runs it on their new display.

"i like bubbly, and i love animals - so it works out well"

"there are a lot of people out there who think they have a modern house simply because they have alot of steel in it"
Old 01/09/2008, 09:13 AM
Premium Member

F&E, what is the reasoning that this is on your list? Is it because of the brand?

I think you may also know about the Sfiligoi Infinity fixtures too, correct? What is your opinion on that?

Only 2 people I know of on here has them and their tanks look so nice.
Old 01/09/2008, 09:18 AM
Premium Member

Is this item something new that came out? Is that why there hardly is any info?
Old 01/09/2008, 09:29 AM
g l a s s b o x

i'm not sure why they arent more widely used. for us a small footprint is a must...and the H&S has this feature along with being self-feeding. H&S makes quality stuff, but The Aqua-Bee pump worries me a little. They are great free flow pumps, but dont do so well with pressure...i have not heard of any problems with them, but it's something to consider.

re:sfiligoi, they are nice. reflector wise they're pretty good, but lumenarc or lumen brights are better. i prefer the stealth of the infinity, but jmo.

since you're even considering them i'm assuming you are somewhat concerned with looks...i'd compare them with giesemann, grotech, and maristar to see what you like best. all of them are high quality.

hth.

"there are a lot of people out there who think they have a modern house simply because they have alot of steel in it"
Old 01/09/2008, 01:10 PM
Premium Member

Thanks very much for your opinion F & E. Also, you are correct, I want these next set of cubes to look sexy.
I'm planning a couple of System 70s for Picasso and Onyx pairs. I've looked into Grotech, but the dimensions are too funky for me. I was leaning towards Giesemann Infinity, but disappointed there aren't moonlights. Then I spoke with Jesse and was interested in the Planet II, but the price tag is about the same as these Sfiligoi, and the Sfiligoi seems to have a little more potential.
Do you agree?

One of the system 70 is going to have their skimmer, and then I was going to run the other system with a H&S skimmer, but I cannot find the small in sumps with Eheim pumps. They all are only avail. with aquabees.
Old 01/09/2008, 03:35 PM
g l a s s b o x

what do you mean by potential?

the smaller eheims draw too much air, which is why the aquabees are used. imo aquabees are great for skimmers...but not so great for high pressure & debris applications.