Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Chico Reef Club

Old 01/08/2008, 04:02 PM
Registered Member

January Reef Club Meeting

January Meeting Agenda

First, my apologies go out for this getting out late. January meeting will be this Friday, the 11th, at 7pm at Round Table Pizza. The middle room is reserved for us again. So below is the general agenda I’ve come up with:

Approve Agenda
Welcome any new people, introduce officers
Open floor for any recent hobby activity or news
(Limit 2 min each: sum up, be brief, and provide helpful information)
Generator, Inverters, Etc: What worked – What did not
Discuss upcoming events BAR/MARS Frag Swap, MARS - MARCH 1st
Plans for our local frag swap
Discuss Corp forming and non-profit status for the club - DAN
Discuss membership status - MELISSA
ChicoReefClub.com site
Library book Request
Group Buys? – MARS – RO/DI unit
Plumbing Talk- CHRIS
Misc. Discuss – items to sell, trade or otherwise.
Raffle – First time visit open to everyone
Next meeting - Feb 9, 2007
Tank of the Month – February – Anyone?
Tank of the Month – January
Travel to TOTM House

Please feel free to comment on agenda suggestion. Thanks and I look forward to seeing everyone there.

Chris
Old 01/09/2008, 02:02 PM
Registered Member

I'm going to go out on a limb and ask for speaker requests...

I know we are no where near ready for that. We don't have a screen, projector, or laptop with powerpoint. Further, a microphone or speaker/amp system. But if we can find a sugar momma or daddy that can help us out with borrowing said items, that would really hook us up (just don't leave us hanging the day of). Though one speaker would probably clean out our entire membership funding.

But I'm dreaming big!!!

It might actually be cheaper to rent vans and carpool to the MARS meetings. Who actually has 3.5 extra hours to waste - no no... spend valuble and irreplacealbe time with your fellow Chico Reefer's on a Friday night. Oh and we'd have to leave by 5:15pm. Can you do it?

I hear that Sanjay is slated for the MARS meeting in February - the MH light testing guru as well as a dedicated reefer.
Old 01/09/2008, 02:37 PM
Registered Member

Posted Originally on ChicoReefClub.com

underwaterparadise January 8th 2008, 05:33 pm
I doubt I can make the meeting but if someone can stop by the store I will donate a couple frags for the raffle.

Peace
Rob

Anyone going by Marysville and back up to Chico between now and Friday evening? Please stop by Underwater Paradise and you can leave the frags with me. I'll take them to the meeting.

Thanks Rob!
Old 01/09/2008, 03:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by boviac
I'm going to go out on a limb and ask for speaker requests...

I know we are no where near ready for that. We don't have a screen, projector, or laptop with powerpoint. Further, a microphone or speaker/amp system. But if we can find a sugar momma or daddy that can help us out with borrowing said items, that would really hook us up (just don't leave us hanging the day of). Though one speaker would probably clean out our entire membership funding.

But I'm dreaming big!!!

It might actually be cheaper to rent vans and carpool to the MARS meetings. Who actually has 3.5 extra hours to waste - no no... spend valuble and irreplacealbe time with your fellow Chico Reefer's on a Friday night. Oh and we'd have to leave by 5:15pm. Can you do it?

I hear that Sanjay is slated for the MARS meeting in February - the MH light testing guru as well as a dedicated reefer.

For all but the projector I should have you pretty much covered. Last I heard I still had easy access to a PA system as well as my own laptop and should be able to also get a screen... No projector though as of yet (although I would like to purchase one in the near future.) I don't think dreaming big is neccesarily a bad thing at all... I would like to see us starting possibly with a frag swap possibly and getting a speaker that may also be going to the MARS meeting as well. That way we aren't financing an entire trip.... Maybe I'm not familiar with the way these things work but it would seem like that would be a more viable option. I definitely would love to see Sanjay as I've got some questions about certain spectrums for different corals.

How many travel to Sacramento for the MARS meetings? I would love to work out some sort of a carpool or rental situation for the frag swap, that way it's not a waste of gas.
Old 01/09/2008, 04:34 PM
Registered Member

Hey Matt,

Great input! Thanks for offering the contribution of the needed speaker requirements. Yeah, I think getting a projector may not be too hard. Maybe we can get Round Table to pony up and get one! I suppose we should address that our meetings will be upgrading for such needs first to see if they will allow and supply power.

Thing is with having the MARS speakers come up here... MARS meets the third Friday of the month. We meet the second Saturday. We'd have to shift our meeting date so we can coordinate the speaker and not pay for a week of hotel/loss of income.

Right now I don't know of any of the Chico members who attend the MARS meetings except the rare occasion when I go. But I think I didn't make it to any for 2007 except their Garage Sale Event in August. When I go, I'd be happy to take people down if I have room. My pick-up truck isn't comfortable for that long of a trip in the back jumpseats and usually have my daugther with me in her car seat. Usually my wife works friday night. If I could swap cars with her (and her car is easily cleaned) - I'd be happy to take two people down to the MARS meeting (help with gas costs appreciated). We should meet to leave as close to 5pm as possible - can grab food on the way or wait until we get to Round Table in Folsom. Meeting starts at 7pm and goes roughly to about 9-9:30 depending on the Raffle's # of items. That leaves us getting back to Chico at around 11-11:30pm.

As it stands right now I'm leaning towards attending the Feb MARS meeting to see Sanjay. BTW, their raffles are pretty awesome. Their Christmas meeting this past Dec was pretty impressive too from what I hear and that reminds me, the last one I went to - MARS Dec 2006.

PM me if interested.

Old 01/10/2008, 02:41 AM
Registered Member

im going to sacto tomorrow(thurs). i would be glad to swing by and pick some goodies up.
Old 01/10/2008, 03:08 AM
Registered Member

YAY For Goodies!!!

I would definately enjoy going to a mars meeting and sharing with some of the gas to get there. It's a lot smarter to share the gas costs with others if at all possible. I would imagine the raffles are limited to those that are members?
Old 01/10/2008, 01:33 PM
Registered Member

MARS member for raffle participation?

dunno... Couldn't hurt to ask.