Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/15/2003, 11:23 AM
Registered Member

What's going on?

Saltwater Paradise in the DFW area I am not bashing, just want to know if anyone knows why? Has the ownership changed? While there are some issues at the store that have always been there, I must say anytime I was there the tanks were clean and there were (usually) no dead fish. One of the display tanks was horribly dirty and had a farm of aiptasia in it, as well as other display tanks being extremely nasty with algae and crud in them. Not the same store I knew when I lived there. Also, the drygoods stock was low.

Last edited by Snailman; 10/15/2003 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10/15/2003, 11:31 AM
Registered Member

I should have put for DFW reefers in the subject - obviously the rest of you all over the world aren't going to know. Sorrry!!!
Old 10/15/2003, 11:58 AM
Premium Member

CalDr....I have edited your post from being second hand information. Please keep your posts to "first hand" experiences.
This is " A forum for members to share and evaluate their experiences with on-line companies in the Aquaria hobby. Please be sure to stick to the facts when posting comments about your experiences.

Snailman
Old 10/15/2003, 12:46 PM
Registered Member

Sorry, I have no doubt what I was told is true, but I understand your point. I'll be visiting next month and see for myself. I would like to ask if the ownership has changed.
Old 10/15/2003, 09:54 PM
Registered Member

The ownership is the same, dry good selection goes up and down. Unfortunately the ugly tank is not mine, it is a customers livestock that has a broken tank.
Scott
Old 10/15/2003, 11:40 PM
Premium Member

You must be confused with some other store, the drygoods were on the low side but the fish and coral displays were fabulous, not to mention it is a whole new store with what looks like 4 times the floor space. I drive all the way from west Ft Worth to visit. JMO