Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Middle Tennessee Reef Club (MTRC)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/05/2008, 08:44 PM
Registered Member

Anybody bringing LiveRock to the Fragswap?

I will be filling my tank starting tomorrow, so while I'm not ready for frags yet, I am currently looking for liverock. I have about 30 pounds of base rock right now, and will be looking for 30-60 pounds of live, depending on size, cost, and quality, etc.

I'm not sure if this is normally available, or if perhaps someone is looking to move some soon, but if you are, let me know!

Thanks,
Matthew
Old 01/05/2008, 10:19 PM
New Aquatronica Fan

I've got some I could have ready by then. I think about 30lbs... I'd have to measure, though. $2/lb. They will be completely pest free as I'll be drying them out and putting them back in my sump to liven back up before selling. If you'd like, I've got tons of chaeto also, that has tons of micro stars in it (thanks to rcmike ).

Brandon
Old 01/06/2008, 06:43 AM
Registered Member

Brandon, sounds like a deal! If it's not quite ready by the show, I could wait a little bit.... Will Cheato survive in primary tank under normal lighting while the tank is finishing up a cycle?

Also, how long does it take for dry rock to rebound like that? Just curious, I've got nothing but time!
Old 01/06/2008, 08:12 PM
New Aquatronica Fan

Good deal!

What I'll do is dry out the stuff from a different tank I got (its drying now ) and put it in with some rock from my tank (that I'll add in to it... I need to get rid of some because if I don't, I won't have enough room for new frags! ) into my QT tank to let it all seed again. I'll make sure to put some food in there, too. To get a cycle going.

You still may get a little cycle in your tank, but it shouldn't be too bad. I'll bring it to the swap no matter what. As long as you take your time with the cycle, it will build up in no time! Coraline may take a little bit longer, but all good things come slowly in reef tanks, anyway.

Brandon
Old 01/11/2008, 10:10 PM
New Aquatronica Fan

Hey sandalscout... I think I'll end up having about 40, maybe 45 lbs. Is that cool or do you just want a smaller amount?

I'll let you know before the swap how much it is exactly.

Brandon
Old 01/11/2008, 10:19 PM
Registered Member

Nope, that'd be great! I'd be willing to take up to 90 or so!
Old 01/12/2008, 12:11 AM
New Aquatronica Fan

Ok, sweet man. I'll let ya know exactly how much I have. Some of it is going to be out of my main tank to seed the other stuff better. One of them is actually my most coraline covered piece.... its just in the way.

Brandon