Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/11/2007, 11:31 AM
Registered Member

a good thing about surgery

Other than the fact that it fixes the issue I have with my ankle (it will be another 4 months to be fully healed) so I can play sports again, it does have another benefit.

I am able to sit down in the basement, smoke a cigar and watch a movie on my laptop without worrying about the kids being around. I don't like to smoke when they are around, due to the second hand smoke thing. I do have a setup where all the smoke is blown outside, but I still do not trust it 100% to have the kids around. Usually I wait until they are in bed and either go outside or go to the basement. My wife enjoys spending time with me while I smoke one, but it sometimes ends up being a late night, depending on the size cigar I'm smoking.

Right now I am about to light up an Indian Tabac Classic Chief (7.5" x 52) and watch Lucky # Sleven. This is my first Indian Tabac and am looking forward to trying it out. Should last a while, which is why I am happy about doing it while the kids are away.
You better stop, stop, stop, stop look and listen." -Rollins Band
Old 12/11/2007, 11:49 AM
Pulling my hair out

Enjoy the Indian Tabac....I've had one of theirs so far, and it wasn't bad. Wasn't great, but not bad. I had an Aturo Fuente Anejo torpedo last week that was a really great cigar.
Old 12/11/2007, 12:00 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Q-ball
Enjoy the Indian Tabac....I've had one of theirs so far, and it wasn't bad. Wasn't great, but not bad. I had an Aturo Fuente Anejo torpedo last week that was a really great cigar.
Their 8-5-8 is very good as well
Old 12/11/2007, 01:00 PM
Registered Member

This weekend I had a Rocky Patel "The Edge", which was a great cigar. I would say my favorites as of now are Gurkha Doble Maduro, Arturo Fuente Series A, and Acid Blondie (Kuba Kuba is good too). I still have a bunch in my humidor to try out. I love Birthday Presents! Wife gave me a bunch of Cigars to try out.

Looks like I will have to try out the Anejo.

So far (bout half way through) I agree with Q-ball, not bad but not great.
Old 12/11/2007, 01:32 PM
Team RC Member

Ah, those little moments of utter self-indulgence.
Mine? Taking a hot cup of coffee into the morning shower and consuming it slowly. That's how I know it's a 'me' morning.

"Make haste slowly." ---Augustus.

"If anything CAN go wrong, it will, and at the worst possible moment."---St. Murphy.
Old 12/11/2007, 01:36 PM
Pulling my hair out

Quote:
Originally posted by skeletor121
This weekend I had a Rocky Patel "The Edge", which was a great cigar. I would say my favorites as of now are Gurkha Doble Maduro, Arturo Fuente Series A, and Acid Blondie (Kuba Kuba is good too). I still have a bunch in my humidor to try out. I love Birthday Presents! Wife gave me a bunch of Cigars to try out.

Looks like I will have to try out the Anejo.

So far (bout half way through) I agree with Q-ball, not bad but not great.
The Edge's are one of my favorites...very consistent smoke, I've never had a bad one. I just had an Edge Sumatra the other week and liked it quite a bit. If you like the Gurkha Double's, try a Gurkha Triple Ligero if you can find one. They stopped making them now, but they're out there if you look. I've still got a few in my humidor from a box I'd bought...letting them get some age on them before I enjoy them.
Old 12/11/2007, 02:59 PM
Take a number

You poor American's.... You don't know what a cigar is until you've had a real cuban cigar, rolled by a 7 year old child.

I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead - not wounded or sick - DEAD !
Old 12/11/2007, 03:03 PM
Registered Member

I've had cubans before. I was in Panama for a week and got to try some back in 1999. I think the ones coming out from Nicaragua and other places are just as good as the cubans, if not better
Old 12/11/2007, 03:09 PM
Pulling my hair out

Quote:
Originally posted by PoukieBear
You poor American's.... You don't know what a cigar is until you've had a real cuban cigar, rolled by a 7 year old child.
This coming from a girl that wouldn't know a cuban cigar from a white owl? I've had cubans...some are good, some aren't. I honestly think there are a lot of cigar manufacturers that compete quite well with any cuban cigar you can get nowadays. Cuban cigars may be illegal in the US, but that doesn't mean they're difficult to get.
Old 12/11/2007, 03:38 PM
Registered Member

I don't know why I said the Series A is Arturo Fuente, they are 5 Vegas.

I have seen some triple ligeros around and enjoy other Gurkhas. Guess I will have to pick up some of the Triple Ligeros. I have a Gurkha Genghis Khan that I am looking forward to trying out.
Old 12/11/2007, 03:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PoukieBear
i thought they were roled on the thigh of a hot virgin.

All of the universe and I am the only one
All of creation, and there's only this one of me.
All of everything, and what I am now will never come again.
Old 12/11/2007, 07:48 PM
I like the way you talk.

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewsmart
i thought they were roled on the thigh of a hot virgin.
A seven year old in a sweat shop PROBABLY qualifies.
Old 12/12/2007, 08:49 AM
Pulling my hair out

Quote:
Originally posted by skeletor121
I don't know why I said the Series A is Arturo Fuente, they are 5 Vegas.

I have seen some triple ligeros around and enjoy other Gurkhas. Guess I will have to pick up some of the Triple Ligeros. I have a Gurkha Genghis Khan that I am looking forward to trying out.
I like the 5 Vegas line...the Gold's are tasty. I've got a Gurkha Genghis Khan sitting in my humidor (gift from a friend) that I haven't tried out yet.
Old 12/12/2007, 10:02 AM
Registered Member

I haven't tried any of the other 5 Vegas yet, but have a few more of the Series A in my humidor. I think it has a woody taste to it, but my palate is not very good. I recommend trying one out. Please let me know if you end up trying that Genghis Khan out before me, I will do likewise.