Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05/06/2006, 09:13 PM
Registered Member

rooster fairy wrasse

I would like one of these but cant find much info could someone help out with size, temprament, and theneeds of this fish. iI just don't want buy with out knowing the needs of this fish
Old 05/06/2006, 10:02 PM
Registered Member

I've never heard of this common name. Do you have the scientific name? maybe a picture?
Old 05/06/2006, 10:06 PM
Registered Member

What do you mean Rooster? Cirrhilabrus Filementosis or Flasher wrasses, if so there are a lot of flasher wrasses. If your talking about C. Filementosis then they get a little over 3" long and they are planktivores so they'll eat brine, mysis, and plankton...and they can be taught to eat pellet or flake. You might want to ask H.Tanaka about them for more info since I believe he frequents this site and is the expert from what I can tell.
Old 05/06/2006, 10:07 PM
Premium Member

The only thing I can find is saltwaterfish.com has a fish listed as a rooster fairy wrasse. I don't know why they call it that because it is not a fairy wrasse, it is a flasher wrasse. Flasher wrasses are peaceful, get about 3-4" in length. Just make sure your tank is covered, fairy/flasher wrasses love to jump out of tanks.
Old 05/07/2006, 12:15 AM
Premium Member

Hi,

The fish shown as Rooster Fairy Wrasse is definately incorrect. It is one of the Flasher Wrasses and is Paracheilinus lineopunctatus, the Line-spot Flasher (Philippines & Indonesia).

See the "Let Them Flash !" column, and you may find its colorations.

Old 05/07/2006, 10:11 AM
Registered Member

h. Tanaka thats the fish i want and saw at saltwaterfish. so its a line spot flasher has anybody ordered from saltwater fish just couriusand thanks to all that replyed