Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Cleveland Saltwater Enthusiast's Association (C-SEA)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/07/2008, 09:44 PM
Registered Member

Looking for 75 Gallon set up

I posted this before, but a sick father in law pushed things back. Does anyone have a 75 gallon set up with stand and canopy? It has to be the oak wood, not the laminate or the oak colored pine. Let me know what you have and how much.
Old 01/07/2008, 10:02 PM
Registered Member

i have one ill more than likely be getting rid of soon but its not the oak wood........but the tank is an oceanic and i have a nice hanging light (2x 175 watt mh/ 2 vho ) just thought id throw that out there. you can see it at the thread:
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1284462
Old 01/07/2008, 10:04 PM
Premium Member

YHPM
Old 01/07/2008, 10:31 PM
Registered Member

There is a 75 set up in the Cleveland Aquarium Society classified on their website. .... factory drilled corner overflow, pine stand, wet/dry filter, glass top. $200 Missing some of what you need.
Old 01/07/2008, 10:51 PM
Registered Member

Thanks, but the wife is very anal about the oak wood and having to have the stand and canopy..I don't understand it, but she's the boss
Old 01/07/2008, 10:55 PM
Registered Member

c mon now dont use your wife as an excuse....LOL...LOL
Old 01/07/2008, 11:12 PM
out of work reefer...

get ahold of dubbin1 he has a killer 75 he is going to sell...and I mean killer
Old 01/08/2008, 02:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by anaelitz
Thanks, but the wife is very anal about the oak wood and having to have the stand and canopy..I don't understand it, but she's the boss
My wife was the same way, so I took her Aquarium Adventure and showed her the cherry stand and canopy that would match her cherry living room furniture. When she saw the price tag, she decided the tank I'd set up was fine after all. OTOH, there is real oak veneer plywood and solid oak trim that could resurface a stand and create a canopy if you have some woodworking tools.
Old 01/10/2008, 08:42 PM
Registered Member

Rhodophyta
thats a good 1 lol.....my wife is the same way
Old 01/11/2008, 03:33 PM
Registered Member

I have one if ur interested...

"When she saw the price tag, she decided the tank I'd set up was fine after all."

My wife was the exact same way, and I was eventually able to put together a 75g with oak veneer w/o a hood. I just recently moved, and my setup is still at the old house while I try to figure out what to do. I am fairly motivated to sell rather than move the setup to the new house, so a reasonable price could probably be worked out if you're interested. The tank is not drilled, but I have a HOB drain to a 30g sump. Lighting is a 6x54w T5 fixture, which currently only has 4 bulbs working. Some other contents include ~110lbs LR, 80lbs LS (DSB), 2 powerheads, aquamedic turboflotor 1000 skimmer. I have minimal livestock currently, as I've been reducing the contents through a few acquaintances. I have 2 false percula clowns (2-in), 8 in. toadstool, 10-in. colt coral, and a number of green-tipped branching hammer coral frags (probably 25 heads on about 10 frags). Lots of snails and hermit crabs though nothing predatory. The tank has recently not gotten as much TLC, but I've still been monitoring things daily. If you're interested, let me know, and we can discuss details.

If anyone else is interested in the frags, let me know as well. I've been meaning to post a message here but just haven't had the time.