Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs

Old 01/09/2008, 11:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by msu spartan
beaglelax, this site is for advice, so everyone was trying to give him advice, but he woudnlt listen so now everyone is insulting him

he should at least take the 2 big fish out, then it wouldnt b so bad
Thank you for all your advice. In our forum ,tanks are divided into two kind. one kind is reef tank raising corals and few easy fish. another is fish only tank with few rock(even no rock ,no sand.Sand or no sand,rock or no rock,this is decided by how many fish you will raise). I find tanks are all reef tanks in this forum.

In our area,when someone new want to set up a similar tank just like mine, I advise him the same as what you advise me. Because a reef tank in low density is easier to take care of than a FOT tank in high density. it need more experience and more Technique(not only hardware but also software) and of course is not suitable for a begginner.

Lucky this forum teach begginners how to raise marine fish in an easy way. And I'm glad to see most of you(especially begginners) set up reef tank and raise few easy fish.So your success rate is much higher than our begginners.

Last edited by Fish.Nemo; 01/09/2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old 01/09/2008, 11:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Really I mean are you really that desperate for attention?
YOU seem to be posting more than him.

Just an observation...
Old 01/09/2008, 11:34 PM
Registered Member

Sorry Bursa animal cruelty sort of works me up and I don't get him, but amount of posts has nothing to do with attention grabbing sorry, I have a lot to say. Instead of you complementing him on good looking fish that swim, sorry I mean turn back and forth in a 15 gal. I think your sending the wrong message.Thanks for counting though, what exact number am I at?
Old 01/09/2008, 11:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by crrichey

Here is his thread at nano-reef

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/in...owtopic=133231

Any link to another forum is invalid here.

In Nano-reef , my name is FishNemo.The difference from the name here is no spot in the middle
Old 01/09/2008, 11:51 PM
Registered Member

Fish.Nemo please just understand that since you have two 75+ gallon fish in a 15 with minimum filtration doesn't say anything about your fish keeping skill aside from you are keeping very unhappy fish ( I understand all of our fish are suffering in tanks rather than the ocean)

Please just do something to improve their living conditions and I will be off your back and Bursa won't be keeping stock on our reply count.
Old 01/10/2008, 09:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by beaglelax
no offense but no-one else has the right to tell someone else what to do in this life,
Golden Rules
1. dont judge people
2. if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything
3. Just because you think its right doesnt mean it is (goes both ways)
nothing against you but we don't "think" but all KNOW for a fact that its not right keep all those fish in that tiny tank

this is a forum where people get advices from others. we're not telling him what to do with his life. we're trying to help and he's ignoring our beliefs in responsible reefkeeping and that angers some of us
Old 01/10/2008, 06:33 PM
Registered Member

black_majik

He is not encouraging others to keep fish in similar conditions and I am not encouraging his fishkeeping practices...at least no more than you are encouraging satanic activity simply by using that particular screen name.

Lets use some common sense and realize a few certain truths.

1. This guy is likely posting on here to get attention, so take his posts for what they are.

2. Regardless of what is posted here by people trying to "help", it was quite obvious from very early on that this person was not interested in any advice. See #1.

And finally

3. Understand that each one of us has opinions and is able to make their own decisions in life. The sooner you realize this the better off you will be...and secondarily the better off the rest of us will be for it. Also realize that people often say and act the opposite of what is asked of them simply because of who is asking. I suspect you would get more positive attention from the OP if your demeanor and attitude towards presenting the information was different.

Just my own observations.
Old 01/10/2008, 06:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
he's ignoring our beliefs in responsible reefkeeping and that angers some of us
You said it all right there.

He is ignoring "OUR BELIEFS"...and that angers you.

I hate to tell you this, but we all reserve the right to ignore ANYONES beliefs. And I suppose you have the right to get angry about it...afterall it can be frustrating when someone doesnt agree with you.

But be the bigger person about the situation and rather than criticize and snarl, perhaps taking a position of understanding would yield the best outcome for everyone.

I have lots of beliefs myself about things...reefkeeping as well. But the minute I start getting angry at someone for their own beliefs about their own tank...thats when I need to give up all together. Afterall, it doesnt get much more juvenile than that now does it?
Old 01/10/2008, 06:45 PM
Registered Member

Well first off thanks Bursa for calmly speaking, I tend to be very straight forward if I feel a shot was taken at me and I usually try to take a shot back at them with twice the force. Thats how I am I don't like letting people say things about me. Also I don't believe in complementing somebody at all even if isn't worth a complement now he thinks somebody is impressed with him even if you didn't mean it. By the way what does OP mean. ( I wasn't expected him to reply, I wanted him to realize at least somebody knows the reason he does these things)
Old 01/10/2008, 06:48 PM
Registered Member

Black Magic with "j" and the "k", means to be clever and tricky just a small section of satanic rituals. I wasn't expecting anyone to understand that though. it's sort of a slang thing
Old 01/10/2008, 07:05 PM
Registered Member

Im still an uber noob lol but they seem to have good color and the only way someone is going to learn is from their mistakes....but that is my opinion...Im not a basher or anything gotta keep the peace people!@
Old 01/10/2008, 07:20 PM
Registered Member

I understand what your saying, but this guy is notorious for not listening he thinks it is a skillful aquarist is someone who can keep larger fish in a small tank with minimum filtration.
Old 01/10/2008, 07:50 PM
Registered Member

I see...I will stay out of it then lol
Old 01/10/2008, 07:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
but this guy is notorious for not listening
Then stop trying to make him listen
Old 01/10/2008, 08:04 PM
Registered Member

Ok , Bursa enough now we are over that. I'm telling other members not to take the path i took. I had some respect for you from that last post you had.
Old 01/11/2008, 12:24 AM
Registered Member

New video

link:
http://tv.mofile.com/3HG8NNU8/
Old 01/11/2008, 07:31 AM
Registered Member

Hey he changes his floss daily at least. Better then me...
Old 01/11/2008, 07:52 AM
Registered Member

your fish look very happy they are able to turn around and hit there head on the other side of the tank cool
Old 01/12/2008, 01:04 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ljosh
Hey he changes his floss daily at least. Better then me...
Yes, I clean the contton daily. It is an easy way to keep the water quality. the ability of taking dirty things out is at least 6-10 times of a small skimmer if you clean it everyday.(Not large skimmer for large tank, but only small skimmer for nano tank)
Old 01/12/2008, 02:46 AM
Registered Member

WHERE IS THE PLAY BUTTON to these videos?

I can't understand this asian language :/
Old 01/12/2008, 03:46 AM
Registered Member

in the middle of screen.