Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Pittsburgh Marine Aquarium Society
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/12/2007, 11:32 PM
Premium Member

Anyone want to go in on a reeftopia.com order?

Need to order $99 to qualify for free shipping. They seem to have some really cheap prices on cleanup crews.

http://www.reeftopia.com

--Ray
Old 11/13/2007, 07:40 AM
Registered Member

I could use a few things... Give me a call later on today
Old 11/14/2007, 04:11 PM
Registered Member

I could go in on that. I have wanted some porcelain crabs again and need a few snails as well. Let me know Kevin
Old 11/14/2007, 11:57 PM
Premium Member

I will probably be placing this order early next week. Hopefully for a wednesday delivery.

--Ray
Old 11/16/2007, 09:31 AM
Premium Member

I will take $15.00 worth of large ceriths
I will also take (2) extra large Peppermint shrimps at $5.00 each

$25.00 for me.
Old 11/16/2007, 10:48 PM
Premium Member

I will need everyone's order by sunday at 10pm. I am going to place the order on monday evening, shipped out on Tuesday, arriving on wednesday. I am having the shipment sent to my house in the south hills, not sure if that works out for everyone.

--Ray
Old 11/19/2007, 04:21 PM
Premium Member

Order has been placed. Should arrive on Wednesday morning. I will be home from work around 6pm on Wednesday. I can hold anything in my system if you can't make it, but please make arrangements ahead of time.

Thanks
Ray
Old 11/19/2007, 04:23 PM
Premium Member

Ray what is your address (don't laugh... I can't find it!) so that I can find directions.
Old 11/19/2007, 04:26 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BeanAnimal
Ray what is your address (don't laugh... I can't find it!) so that I can find directions.
Why would I laugh?

I will pm everyone my cell/address

--Ray

Last edited by raynist; 11/19/2007 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11/20/2007, 12:51 PM
Premium Member

Because you have sent it to me 3 different times in as many months!
Old 11/21/2007, 09:45 AM
Premium Member

The order arrived at 9:30am. I am not sure what time I will be getting home from work but I should be home by 6pm.

If you have any bags or containers to put the critters in that would be good. I don't have many bags.

--Ray
Old 11/21/2007, 10:24 AM
Premium Member

Thanks Ray.

I will give you a call and let you know what time. I will try to make it between 6 and 7 if that is good for you (but can be later if needed).
Old 11/21/2007, 10:29 AM
Registered Member

I will be shooting for around the same time. See you soon. Thanks again Kev
Old 11/22/2007, 12:25 AM
Premium Member

Thanks Ray! I enjoyed the visit and your wonderful tank!
Old 11/22/2007, 02:14 AM
Registered Member

I second that- great tanks Ray....
Old 11/22/2007, 04:16 AM
Registered Member

Well - my Extra large peppermints did not make the night. I acclimated them and then put them in my fish trap so they stayed isolated. My 12 Y.O. is sick so I am up with him - so I checked on them and they are all dead. Disappointed with Reeftopia as they shrimp were small for "Extra Large" size. And they had all four shrimp in one small bag - which is directly opposite of what they say on the website. Live and learn I guess - Bean - did yours make it so far?
Old 11/22/2007, 08:06 AM
Premium Member

No... the shrimp did not make it. The peppermints I got from eTropicals did a little better, but I lost most of them also. They were even smaller.

I think maybe purchasing them locally is a much better option.

The snails all look good though
Old 11/22/2007, 11:27 AM
Premium Member

I will have to check mine. I threw them all in the sump since they were so small.

So far all of my snails seem to have made it. The astrea's seem to be the best deal. The hermits were way too small and the peppermints were average size at best.... The porcelain crabs they sent were really nice but Kevin picked them up before you all could see them.

It would be nice if they would have had better pictures on their websites, maybe have the small hermits next to a penny or something so you can really tell the size...
Old 11/22/2007, 11:40 AM
Registered Member

well they have a "guarantee" - we should at least contact them and see what they do.
Old 11/22/2007, 11:40 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by acer
well they have a "guarantee" - we should at least contact them and see what they do.
Did you find it on their website? I was looking for it last night and did not see anything.
Old 11/22/2007, 12:15 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by acer
All of mine are dead also. I saved the bodies in case I need to take a picture of them for a refund. I would suggest you all do the same also. Here is their policy:

The Reeftopia Guarantee....

We guarantee all livestock for 5 days after leaving our facility. The following is a list of conditions that apply to our guarantee.

You must be home or have a responsible party accept delivery.

Your water quality must be good which means - 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite specific gravity of 1.022 to 1.026, and a pH OF 8.2 TO 8.4.

You must follow our acclimation procedure.

Credit for lost items... We will replace any items that expires within the five day period in a future shipment that qualifies for free shipping. DOA items can be credited to your card provided that we are notified within 12 hours of the arrival time of the shipment. Very rarely we have a shipment that gets lost because of bad weather etc. In this event we guarantee the entire shipment. If your shipment somehow gets lost in transit let us know promptly. We generally ask that you accept the late shipment and let us know what is ok and what items do not make it. We then simply re-ship the lost items. We do not guarantee reshipped items. Missing items... We have everything that is posted on the site about 98% of the time. If there are items missing from your order we will deduct them from the total. We do not backorder items due to the cost of freight. Adding new specimens to your aquarium... We take extreme care in shipping disease free fish and invertebrates. Many items can become weak during shipping and acclimation. Reeftopia cannot be held responsible for disease related problems.

Terms of Shipping
You or a responsible person must be present to sign for and take immediate delivery of your order upon its arrival. If you miss your delivery and/or request the package be left without your signature, live arrival guarantee is void. If a delivery is refused for any reason, including not being home to accept delivery, or refusing a delivery that arrives late, the customer is responsible for the cost of the items, plus return freight charges. Note.. If you are not sure that someone will be at home to accept shipment it is a good idea to have your items delivered to your workplace or to the nearest FedEx station. We reserve the right to deny or cancel service at our sole discretion.
Old 11/22/2007, 12:24 PM
Premium Member

I already got rid of them... It would appear that the whole shipment died. If they don't honor the guarantee... Oh well, lesson learned.

If I had it out with them it would be over the "large peppermint" designation and the $5 cost... but that also is a lesson learned
Old 11/22/2007, 12:33 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BeanAnimal
I already got rid of them... It would appear that the whole shipment died. If they don't honor the guarantee... Oh well, lesson learned.

If I had it out with them it would be over the "large peppermint" designation and the $5 cost... but that also is a lesson learned
I emailed them last night when 2 of them arrived DOA. I emailed them just a bit ago that all of them were dead. We shall see.

How does the purple cap look under your lights?
Old 11/22/2007, 12:47 PM
Premium Member

I need to find a better spot for it. It is pretty shaded under the center brace. I thin I will do some rework tomorrow. It is a very nice looking piece and I do not want to it be unhappy.
Old 11/30/2007, 09:13 AM
Premium Member

I talked to the people at Reeftopia.com. They will send 10 free peppermint shrimp with out next order (if there is a next order!).

I was at wet pets last night and their peppermint shrimp were smaller than the ones reeftopia sent us and were $10. It was just misleading saying extra large. To me an extra large peppermint shrimp would be 2x's the size of the ones they typically sell in the store. I told them that but they did not comment.