Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Central Oklahoma Marine Aquarium Society
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/11/2008, 11:57 PM
Registered Member

New/Question

I'm new to the forum, which is why you've never seen a post from me in here.

Anyway, I live in Tulsa and am wanting to do a 20-30g FOWLR. I am just trying to get some information about prices and the best LFS in Tulsa to go to. I'd be willing to make a drive to OKC if the price was worth it, but it'd have to be really worth it.

Anyone know what uncured live rock goes for around here?
What about cured?

I'd be buying between 20 and 35lbs, depending on the size of tank I end up going with. But I think I'd like to go uncured due to the cheaper price.

Also, anyone have any lights for sale? I'm looking for something PC probably around 120w or so, just in case I want to add some corals.

Anyway, thanks for any help.
Old 01/12/2008, 12:16 AM
Premium Member

Premier Aquatics
www.premieraquaticsok.com

6125 S Sheridan Rd
Tulsa, OK 74133
(918) 497-1212

Aquarium Oddballs
6115 E. 31st St
Tulsa, OK 74135
(918) 831-0099

Are the only two I know about in Tulsa. Both are excellent stores and will be willing to answer your questions. I don't know what they charge for rock but I have seen it go from $3 to $6 a pound.

Welcome to the boards and feel free to ask any question you want. Someone will get back to you

"You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'My God, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'" --Dave Barry
Old 01/12/2008, 12:30 AM
Registered Member

I would second Krbekk's recommendations, I especially like Oddballs. One word of warning though, when you see the selection of frags you will be hooked on corals sooner than later. Take your time and good luck.
Old 01/12/2008, 01:36 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by paulyl61
I would second Krbekk's recommendations, I especially like Oddballs. One word of warning though, when you see the selection of frags you will be hooked on corals sooner than later. Take your time and good luck.
I'm afraid of that. I have to live on a pretty strict budget, and have to plan everything in advance, so hopefully impulse buys will be kept to a minimum!

College makes me be perpetually broke. I've been saving to start a SW tank for about 2 months now, and am ready to get it going. I have a little fund I put into every week, which will be converted into food/supplies once its going.

I'm sure I will join COMAS or OMAS at some point, just a matter of me wanting to get my tank going first before I do.
Old 01/12/2008, 02:12 AM
Registered Member

The great thing about joining a club and finding the forums, is that you can find some of those necessary items for sale - used and can participate in a frag sharing program. For more information on this, check out our website: www.mycomas.com.

And the Tulsa club, OMAS, has a website: www.omas.org
Old 01/12/2008, 02:27 AM
No English major

Welcome Ryan, OMAS in Tulsa is getting ready to have a meeting on January 19th. Just check the website and forums for directions.
Hopefully we will see you there.

You can also ask any other questions here or email them to me at saltclub@hotmail.com

Ask not what OMAS can do for you, Ask what you can do for OMAS.

Last edited by jokeloma; 01/12/2008 at 02:51 AM.