Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/07/2008, 06:24 PM
I hate line 42!!!!!!!

Playing with the new camera(lots of pictures)

Playing around with my new camera. Im still trying to get the hang of it but Im getting there. Enjoy.

Starry Blenny

Achilles

Flame

My fat Hippo

Leopard
Old 01/07/2008, 06:25 PM
Registered Member

nice pics, really like the achilles
John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that someone lays down his life friends.
Old 01/07/2008, 06:25 PM
I hate line 42!!!!!!!

My clowns

Baby Perc's

Saddleback's

and skimmer
Old 01/07/2008, 06:27 PM
I hate line 42!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Finding Emo
nice pics, really like the achilles
Thanks. Going on 10 months now with that guy. One of my favorite fish.
Old 01/07/2008, 06:30 PM
Registered Member

Great pictures, but what kind of camera?

Also, I would have never guessed you had an Achilles
Old 01/07/2008, 06:31 PM
I hate line 42!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by m2434
Great pictures, but what kind of camera?

Also, I would have never guessed you had an Achilles
Yeah, I try and show him off as much as possible. He likes the attention.

Camera is a Samsung S85.
Old 01/08/2008, 02:07 PM
Registered Member

great picts!My favorite is the close-up of the 2 saddle backs in the carpet.
Old 01/08/2008, 10:01 PM
I hate line 42!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by saltybuckeye
great picts!My favorite is the close-up of the 2 saddle backs in the carpet.
Thanks. Thats one of my favorites too. The photo was taken at night.
Old 01/08/2008, 10:16 PM
Registered Member

That first Blenny shot is very cool. Nice tank.
Old 01/08/2008, 11:01 PM
Registered Member

love the wrasses how lonfg havee you had hime and how did you get it to eat. I have had no luck with that fish
Old 01/08/2008, 11:05 PM
Registered Member

Great stuff. Nice job with the new camera. How about the obligatory FTS for this thread?
Old 01/08/2008, 11:32 PM
Registered Member

Nice composition, did you use a flash. Usually the fish need a flash or they will be blurry unless you have a fast lens.
Old 01/09/2008, 12:38 AM
I hate line 42!!!!!!!

Beach Bum 70 - Ive had that wrasse for about 9 months now. I used to have a bipartitus leopard along with meleagris. They were added together and it took them about a month to start eating prepard foods. About 2 months in my female clown snatched up the blue star and fed it to the carpet. They both started eating anything that was put into the tank. PE mysis was a huge hit for them.

Mavrk - I only used the flash with the last picture, since it was at night. I am trying to get down using it without the flash. It seems to be working nicely. My old camera would only give me nice pictures if I used the flash. Now I am able to see the true colors without a flash.

fambrough - Here is the post Zoa eating nudi outbreak picture.
(forgive the lighting setup, Im waiting for my T5 fixture)

(flash)

Last edited by AquaReeferMan; 01/09/2008 at 12:49 AM.
Old 01/09/2008, 08:58 AM
Registered Member

Thanks! T5's are really going to make that tank jump. I didn't follow your nudi outbreak. I'm sorry to learn about it. Did any zoas make it? I bet you were dipping, but they came in as eggs right? I had a lot of mysterious trouble with zoas and gave up for a while, but last fall picked up a nice zoanthid rock. I'm lucky so far, took a couple dips to get all the stuff off of 'em. The main pests were zoanthid eating spiders.

I'll watch for your threads to see how this comes along.
Old 01/09/2008, 09:18 AM
I hate line 42!!!!!!!

Yeah it was a semi big outbreak. Pretty much depleted my colonies to about half of what I had. I got one colony from a so called "trusted" source and they pretty much took off from there. I did dip after dip after dip. Followed by many late night recon mission searching for egg patches. I havent seen anything for a while now. I isolated as much as a could and everything cleared up. The ones I had separated started growing again so I sold them off. I didnt wanna chance putting them back into my tank(some nudis were still running around in the main tank) Im just focusing on my lights before stocking up on my zoanthid collection again.
Old 01/09/2008, 09:23 AM
I hate line 42!!!!!!!

Heres a couple pictures of some of the remaining colonies. Ill take some more if I get a chance.

Old 01/09/2008, 10:24 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AquaReeferMan

Is this QT or Breeding?
Old 01/09/2008, 01:13 PM
I hate line 42!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by kar93
Is this QT or Breeding?
Neither, just a holding tank(my fuge) for a while so I can watch them develop. They are rather small, around 1". Once they get a little bigger I will be removing the saddlebacks and placing them in their own tank. They have become too aggressive. They like biting fish and dragging them into the carpet.
Old 01/09/2008, 01:25 PM
Registered Member

AquaReeferMan,

You own TFP, or work there?

Joe
Old 01/09/2008, 01:33 PM
I hate line 42!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe
AquaReeferMan,

You own TFP
Man, I wish...
Old 01/09/2008, 02:39 PM
Registered Member

There's a thread in the zoo forum right now about treating for zoo nudis with potassium permanganate, might want to take a look. Looks like it even kills eggs.
Old 01/09/2008, 03:10 PM
Registered Member

so what do you think of that bermuda skimmer, i love them. but you have yours set pretty low, see all that build up within the chamber,

you should set it up to drain into a larger collection cup that way you can run it higher, and not get that skum inside
Old 01/09/2008, 04:09 PM
Registered Member

Wow that is a fat blue tang, what are you feeding him?
Old 01/09/2008, 04:11 PM
Premium Member

Nice pictures
Old 01/10/2008, 11:03 PM
I hate line 42!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Myrddraal
There's a thread in the zoo forum right now about treating for zoo nudis with potassium permanganate, might want to take a look. Looks like it even kills eggs.
Thanks, I will have to look into that

Quote:
Originally posted by scubasteve247
so what do you think of that bermuda skimmer, i love them. but you have yours set pretty low, see all that build up within the chamber,

you should set it up to drain into a larger collection cup that way you can run it higher, and not get that skum inside
I love my Bermuda. Such a great skimmer. I have never had any problems with it. The skum ring usually isnt around the top like that. I recently upgraded the pump to a Mag 7 and was skimming really dry. I usually have to empty a filled cup every 7-10 days.

Quote:
Originally posted by not_sponsored
Wow that is a fat blue tang, what are you feeding him?
Yeah my hippo is rather large. Its about 6" now a days. Ive had it for about 3, I think. Started out at 1". I feed a mix of frozen foods once a day and nori sheets twice a day.

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Browns
Nice pictures
Thank you