Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > West Tennessee Marine & Reef Aquarium Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/28/2007, 10:25 PM
wish I was here

free rock/livestock to a good home

Hello,
First of all, sorry that I never did make it to any of the club's meetings and get to know any of you. My intention was to become involved in the club when I moved here last year, but it just never happened as I was way too busy with school.

Anyway, school takes pretty much my every waking moment nowadays, and I have decided to give up the reef for right now as I have just not been able to give it the attention it deserves. Therefore, I am offering up my livestock for the wonderful price of nothing. This is stuff that I have collected over the last three years - if you're in the position to do so and want to make a small donation to a college kid, that's great, but if not then that's okay too, I'd rather see my animals go to someone that will take care of them.

I would really like to see all of this stuff go to someone who is just setting up a tank - I think it would make a great starter pack. Or, I'd be ecstatic to donate everything to the St. Jude's project. If there's no one around that needs a livestock setup, then anyone is welcome to it.

The only caveat is, I need to get rid of everything at once, because I won't be able to catch some of the fish until the rocks are coming out. If no one wants the whole setup and you guys can come up with someone to take everything, I'm okay with that. Livestock includes:

Black female oscellaris, about 3 years old
Orange skunk clown, never really paired with the oscellaris but they tolerate each other.
Flamehead goby
Peppermint shrimp - eats aiptasia
Blue tuxedo urchin
Some random snails and crabs
Around 40 pounds of live rock, about half of which is Tonga, and some random zoos growing on one of the rocks.

Full disclosure: I had some aiptasia, but haven't seen any in about nine months. Other than that, the tank is completely healthy, I've never had ich, etc. Other than being a little dirty due to poor skimmer maintenance and not enough water changes, everything is in pretty good shape.

You would need to bring your own containers to transport the livestock. PM is probably the easiest way to communicate.

I'll be selling some nice equipment once all of the livestock is out.

Thanks so much guys!
Dave
Old 06/28/2007, 10:34 PM
Registered Member

pm sent
Old 06/28/2007, 11:12 PM
WTMRAC Pres 07~08

Where in Memphis are you and what is a flamehead goby?

Click the Red House to see my tank pictures.
Old 06/29/2007, 07:19 AM
WTMRAC President/Thug

I'd be happy to take whatever is available for St Jude, if there are any leftovers mind you. And I have every intention to donate to the "Keep CaptinDave in College" fund.
Old 06/29/2007, 10:33 AM
wish I was here

thanks for the replies guys. Zann has claimed everything as of last night. I'll let you know if it doesn't work out.
Old 06/29/2007, 12:47 PM
WTMRAC Pres 07~08

Quote:
Originally posted by CaptainDave
thanks for the replies guys. Zann has claimed everything as of last night. I'll let you know if it doesn't work out.
Well @#$@#$%^ LOL just kidding kinda

Click the Red House to see my tank pictures.
Old 06/29/2007, 02:15 PM
wish I was here

sorry sperry, Zann sent me a PM about five minutes after I posted.

And for reference, the "flamehead" goby, as it was sold to me, is this guy