Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Middle Tennessee Reef Club (MTRC)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/11/2008, 01:22 PM
Registered Member

lighting advice

I currently have a 75 gallon reef tank with some porite coral(christmas tree rock) some mushrooms, aussie acan, sun coral, and sponge in my tnak with some fish. My lighting right now is a coral life power compact. I was hoping someone would give me their advice if a metal halide light is needed. I don't want to over heat the tank or pay money for another light if my light is fine. Thank you for anyones advice.
Old 01/11/2008, 01:29 PM
Registered Member

how many bulbs in the corallife?....seems to me like you'll be fine since you ony have lowlight corals....except for the acan, i dont know what lighting is required....so hopefully someone else can chime in
Old 01/11/2008, 01:34 PM
Registered Member

My light has 2- 65 watt 10000K daylight and 2-65 watt acintic
Old 01/11/2008, 02:54 PM
New Aquatronica Fan

If you wanted to, you could switch over to T5s for more light without the heat. The cool thing is that you can start with maybe 4 bulbs and that would be more than enough for what you have now.

Then later on, if you need more light, just add two more bulbs!

Brandon