Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Southern California Reefers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/05/2008, 04:28 PM
Premium Member

Naah, Golfish, usually its weather permitting for me...if I gotta drive there then its no fun!! If I can ride than its a go...Maybe when it hits Sac..weather permitting...make it a little trek...

With tubers its a different scenario,supernareg..
really true hunters..there out there with the fish in their surroundings..with fly and rod..luring the fish in closer...Its an art form...the fly is actually not a bait its woven with material to look like a fly...You think fishing from a boat or shore you need patience...I dont think I would have that kind of patience...
Old 01/05/2008, 05:49 PM
20 & Over Club

I'd rather fish from a boat at Crowley but it cost money for the boat plus its a lot to launch it. With a tube you never (except for Big Bear) have to pay and in most cases can get your truck right on the shore

Don't be fooled by what you see, there are a lot of tubers that fish local lake using spinning rods and bait.

Most of the time I'm driving to shows because I either have the kids, have my bike in the show (trailered) or the main reason, I can't ride it that far because its so hard to ride (for me anyway) Next year I'm planning on getting a bike I can ride, either an HD or Victory.
Old 01/05/2008, 06:09 PM
Premium Member

Cool you ride?? what do you got?...I know.. if you said trailered and hard to ride...I bet its a chopper.. am i right!!
Victory is really kicking some butt out there right now...especially with Arlen behind them...have you seen there new tour?? Crazy!!
Last Long Beach Bike show..I brought the fam...I usually ride with a few of the guys..With all the girls in their getups!!(dancers and vendors) my 9 year old was going gaga!! (yeah at 9!!) my wife was "sooo this is what you do when your gone!!" "No honey trust me I look at the bikes!!"..the funny part is usually its the truth!!
Old 01/05/2008, 07:14 PM
20 & Over Club

This was my first build, finished it about a year ago. I built it to show and then sell...the sell part hasn't worked out all that well so I'm stuck with it for now.

Old 01/05/2008, 07:29 PM
Premium Member

WOW!! What is that about a 300 back? looks like a BBC Swing arm...was that the Venom build out?? Sweet bike..My main buddy i ride with has a BBC..we went to the "Ride the Mountain" last year...great little ride up and back!!..If it wasent raining i would pull my bike out and snap some photos...NOT your traditional HD..
How long did it take you to complete?...I wont even ask the money cause i know!!..any shots of the tank?
Old 01/05/2008, 07:59 PM
20 & Over Club

Quote:
Originally posted by Harley-J
WOW!! What is that about a 300 back? looks like a BBC Swing arm...was that the Venom build out?? Sweet bike..My main buddy i ride with has a BBC..we went to the "Ride the Mountain" last year...great little ride up and back!!..If it wasent raining i would pull my bike out and snap some photos...NOT your traditional HD..
How long did it take you to complete?...I wont even ask the money cause i know!!..any shots of the tank?
I see you know your bikes Venom tins, Merc oil bag and a DA frame ..This bike took 3rd place at the BBC show last year (2007) There's no way I can afford to compete with the guys who took 1st and 2nd..

It took about 6 months to build. I have a good friend who used to build jet cars, he's a pro welder and all around master fabricator. With his help we made it one of a kind. Something you have to see to really appreciate. I wanted a simple, clean looking bike. The paint was done by Damon's in La Habra.

Here's a shot that shows the paint better.

Old 01/05/2008, 08:00 PM
20 & Over Club

Lets see that Hog, roll that bad boy out....

Ok, no more pics from me except for this one. It shows the oil bag better and might jog your memory ..

Old 01/05/2008, 08:07 PM
Registered Member

Damon's...is that on Lambert???
Old 01/05/2008, 08:08 PM
20 & Over Club

Quote:
Originally posted by FOSELONE
Damon's...is that on Lambert???
Yes it is, or was...
Old 01/05/2008, 09:41 PM
Premium Member

Dude that profile is awesome.. The oil bag is cool!! Old School..Very clean!! is the DA frame powder coated?? wasn't the first place guy the white sled "Godfathers"? You guys were all lined up behind the stage for the band...I remember..Third place that's awesome considering most the guys out there had most there work done somewhere else..30k paint/airbrush jobs, and on sleds..
I don't know if you remember but one of the guys in the competition, went down in the poker run and tore up his whole fender and paint job...He was in front of me and we all helped him up..I thought it was cool that he still entered banged up and all!!
Maybe tomorrow I'll snap a few..I just went through the instructions on posting pics...I think that will be my only downfall!!
Old 01/06/2008, 12:35 AM
The Original Chingy

...i thought we were talking about fishing?

just kidding, i don't mind the thread hijack since my question has been answered. we're thinking about getting our licenses and hitting up the local lakes in preparation for a weekend at Castaic.
Old 01/06/2008, 01:29 AM
Premium Member

kinda got away with us!! sorry bout that have fun fishing...
Old 01/06/2008, 12:11 PM
20 & Over Club

Quote:
Originally posted by Foogoo
...i thought we were talking about fishing?

just kidding, i don't mind the thread hijack since my question has been answered. we're thinking about getting our licenses and hitting up the local lakes in preparation for a weekend at Castaic.
Foogoo, we're trying to bring the topic back to the top for ya bro..Sorry man.

HJ,
The Frame, bars and bag are poweder coated. The red and black DA in the middle took 1st place. Him and Kevin already had it setup before the show. That bike had to have 40K more work and toys then mine. It was funny talking to this guy. It started out "I did this and I did that" .....then it was "we did that and we did this" then it finished with "they did this and they did that" the bike was in a mag a few months back and they guy had to pony up the truth that he didn't build it. Atleaset I can say that I built mine in my garage. The coating cost about 600 and the paint was 1800

The black and white Sled in front probably had about 25K more into it then my bike. The paint was real nice and it to was built by a shop for the owner. Check out the head light on that sled, its HUGE.

The Godfather bike didn't win this year (2007) it might have won something last year or the year before.

The guy I know of that went down had a DA, that was Larry. I've never met him but I know who he is from another forum. He's had a lot of problems with that bike. I guess it was one of the first DA kits put together by BBC.

Here's one for you Foogoo. This was taken in 1992 on Crowley in the mouth of the owens river. Its not the biggest trout I've caught there but look at the hook jaw on this pig.

Old 01/06/2008, 01:35 PM
Premium Member

Yeah I remember your bike..because of the powder coating..I think my buddy even snapped a few of your bike..I know its a small thing to remember a bike for, but I thought it was cool cause it gave it that new chopper, old school feel to it.. right down my alley.. You didn't have that Easter egg look!!..Still raining out here..so may not be able to post pic..but have some in my computer, but I am trying to figure out how to downsize to 50-100kb...there at 1-1.5 mb..
also Foogoo, go on line before you go and see what the fish are hitting on, bait wise...and if you are going to go traditional with Nightcrawlers..the gas station right when you get off at castaic, (on the corner)..has the FATTEST Night crawlers around!! Good Luck!!
well gotta go wifey wanting some fam time!!
Old 01/06/2008, 08:12 PM
Premium Member

Hey golfish,
Never pass on a chance to show my bike..Havent gotten to the wheels/rims yet..but i'll get there..and yes I'm a bagger!!
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/...i-P1060098.JPG
close ups..
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/...i-P1060092.JPG
Horn side
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/...i-P1060096.JPG
My view
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/...i-P1060091.JPG
Well Thanks everybody for letting me share!!
Old 01/06/2008, 08:55 PM
Premium Member

Hey foogoo,
I got some more info for you on Castaic..and to help get the thread back on track!!
They Just stocked the UPPER lake with 1,000 LBS of trout 10/15/07..so thats were you want to go...
The strippers are hittin' on anything...as always!!
for the trout...make sure you up early at the crack of dawn if you want to catch anything...the later it gets the worse it gets...Until later evening..
dont plan on catching anything if your just settin up at noon!!
Boat rentals you can get a 4 man aluminum boat for $55 a day on weekends..$75 security deposit..
Your probably not going to lure fish...so you can go traditional with some BIG FAT NIGHTCRAWLERS!! You might want to try a little changing up with some SHAD..
Hope this helps!!
Old 01/07/2008, 05:34 PM
20 & Over Club

HJ,
Sweet ride bro, since I can't tell one from another, what model is that? I like the paint, real suttle.
Old 01/07/2008, 06:02 PM
The Original Chingy

don't worry about it . hijacks and OT's give life to threads
Old 01/07/2008, 06:59 PM
Premium Member

Its the Road King custom 05, flhrsi, year just before they switched to the larger motor..but if you look at it on the their website..it wont look like their stock
Yeah I had the Harley emblems taken of the tins to make the flames flow better..otherwise it would have been broken up..I really wanted subtle..I didn't want the flames the only thing people looked at..even though obviously flames are the theme!!
My buddy we switched when we were coming back from Yosemite, he rides a BBC...after a quarter mile I made him pull over..I dont know how you guys do it...He's a trooper though..LONG runs he's right there with me...He told me mine was like riding a couch!! I had the seat custom made with memory foam!!
heres my buddy and the bikes when we rode to "Ride the Mountain"..
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/...i-P6010002.JPG

Hey foogoo, let me know if there is anymore info you need on Castaic..It is 10 mins from me..were just breathing more life into this thing!!
Old 01/07/2008, 07:34 PM
Premium Member

crazy, I was just dreaming about Castaic last night. I used to go there alot when I was a kid. However, my dream was more of a nightmare... And there were all these rattle snakes... and, well, it wasn't a very good dream....

Hope you guys have fun!